Eternal Bonds Trophy

Drahcir7x2

I’ve been grinding metatron, skimming through forums, just eyeballing as much as I can. On my third playthrough finally 99 with a maxed Lucifer. Spamming Morning Star and going for crits takes him down fairly fast. But the top row locks at LV14 and I don’t know what I need to get done to unlock past that. I’ve done all requests on my first play through but I’m on NG+ grinding endgame trying to max everything out. Anyone have an idea what I’m missing to wrap this up sooner?

edit: hidden desires... alright back to metatron I go

Edited by ohwoa
I figured out on my own!

6 hours ago, sam_bozzie said:

This trophy is taking so long. I've been grinding against Metatron and I can usually beat him in 2 minutes combined with Ryuji having Elec Boost + Elec Amp + Shock Boost and Haru using Riot Gun when Metatron is paralyzed with Gun Boost + Gun Amp + Technical Adept which does massive damage and normally almost allows for an instant all out attack. Even with that, at Level 80 Bond it's taking longer and longer to level up making this feel more tedious and draining. I wasn't expecting such a hassle for the final trophy towards the Platinum and even with NG+ I don't fancy having to spend a few hours speeding through to get to a point with a Dire Shadow to grind. 

Going from 90-99 feels even worse because those levels need over 200K experience. 

I just finished it today.  All I can say was my saving grace during the Metatron grind was an audio book. Got into a rhythm and it kind of felt like highway hypnosis, took about 8 hours for me I think (although I was over leveled when I beat the game). Good luck to any who decide to grind.  I have even more respect for speedrunners who do the same minute long levels for hundreds of hours. 

Ryuji with square + square + square + hold triangle until it charged 3 Times = massiv damage and killing metatron in 1 Minute. 

Foe Who ever plat yakuza 7 this grind will be a walk in the Park. Yakuza is way more tedious ;)

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Goikko said:

How much time do you guys take to beat the Sendai Jail Dire Shadow in merciless?? I can beat Metatron under one minute and i would like to know if getting there will be faster.

It takes me around 3-5 minutes. That is including the run there & back. It nets 86k bond points so it's just so much faster to do that honestly. Because even if Metatron is beat under 1 minute, you still have to run back to the camper, turn in the request, accept the request, run back & then beat him & by the time all that is done  it'd take about as long as 1 Snake King run for 1/4th of bond exp. The Snake king fight itself is a little bit luck based though, but it isn't terrible. What I mean by that is some fights will go smooth as ice (pun intended) where he'll just keep getting frozen & you'll keep getting off crits & destroying him fast, & others where he'll rarely freeze & get a few attacks off. Which is why I bring a hefty supply of revives & wear null dizzy armor in case he does get some hits off.

11 hours ago, sam_bozzie said:

This trophy is taking so long. I've been grinding against Metatron and I can usually beat him in 2 minutes combined with Ryuji having Elec Boost + Elec Amp + Shock Boost and Haru using Riot Gun when Metatron is paralyzed with Gun Boost + Gun Amp + Technical Adept which does massive damage and normally almost allows for an instant all out attack. Even with that, at Level 80 Bond it's taking longer and longer to level up making this feel more tedious and draining. I wasn't expecting such a hassle for the final trophy towards the Platinum and even with NG+ I don't fancy having to spend a few hours speeding through to get to a point with a Dire Shadow to grind. 

It only took me about 2 hours to speedrun to the part where I could fight the sendai dire shadow. & honestly, it is well worth the amount of time saved by just speedrunning to that spot & grinding the dire shadow. Getting to 75-80 took me somewhere around 30-40 minutes with each level taking 1 or 2 fights

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Goikko said:

How much time do you guys take to beat the Sendai Jail Dire Shadow in merciless?? I can beat Metatron under one minute and i would like to know if getting there will be faster.

For me the actual fight takes a little over 3 mins, travel time/load screens take a little over an extra minute.

It gives just under 4x the bond experience and definitely felt a lot faster than Metatron.

I'm also sure if set up better you could shave down that fight time by a bit too.

• Like 1

Thanks for the answers!

With mi current Alice I can do the Metatron cycle (fight, go back, complete request and pick it up again) in 1,5-2 minutes, so yeah the dire shadow method seems faster. The downside is the time I will lose to get another persona good for that fight and the two hours needed to get to the dire shadow, I think that compensates the time you save by fighting the dire shadow. For now I think i'll stick with Metatron, he's also easier and I don't need to worry about anything. Currently at bond 87, maybe I would have changed if I knew this before.

• Like 1

Gotta put another voice out there saying that the Sendai Dire Shadow on merciless is the way to go. In the same time as a Metatron run I’m getting 90,990 xp (that’s including the two little mobs on the way from the checkpoint) and with a fully maxed Lucifer I just freeze lock it most the time and go to town.

Started the merciless run at bond level 70 last night and just hit 85 today on my lunch break. Think I can max this out either tonight or tomorrow.

• Like 1

Thanks to all the comments earlier that suggested farming Dire Shadow at Sendai (Merciless difficulty), can confirm this is a faster method and we need to voice it out!

It takes about 2-2.5 hrs to reach that point in game (skip cutscenes), then maybe another 0.5 hrs to make a persona suitable for the fight, followed by roughly 4-4.5 hours of grinding repeatedly. Cooking every recipe for the first time in a new playthrough also increases bond exp, not by much but everything helps.

The setup is really simple, you need a "freeze build" to cheat through the fight without much effort. Preferably a Black Forst (you can get IceAmp+IceAge from King Frost, and Spell Master from Alice). You can easily get max stats persona by keep fusing a Jack-O-Lantern in an endless loop: Jack-O-Lantern > Bicorn > Silky > Succubus > HuaPo > Lamia > Jack Frost > back to Jack-O-Lantern

The second character should be Yusuke as a backup. The last 2 characters can be either Panther/Wolf/Sophie, it doesn't really matter that much. Know that throughout the process your grinding will get easier over time as your bond level increases and u get tons of essences to power up your characters

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I've been grinding the first dire shadow on merciless, and am at level 85. I'm killing the boss in less than 5 minutes.

Is it worth it time-wise to go to Sendai? I would still have to complete the first jail.

I got the trophy grinding with the first dire shadow, took me like 3-4 hours from lvl 81

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yuber1234 said:

I've been grinding the first dire shadow on merciless, and am at level 85. I'm killing the boss in less than 5 minutes.

Is it worth it time-wise to go to Sendai? I would still have to complete the first jail.

Both are good, the advantage of the 2nd dire shadow is due to the ice weakness granting an increased chance to freeze which makes the battle easier compared to the first.

• Like 1

Just finished this, took me 12 hours from lvl 75 using Sendai Dire Shadow. My strat was Wolf for Debilitate and Heat riser on everyone, then Joker with Futaba Charm and Lucifer spamming Blazing Hell, then using Ann and Sophie when Joker ran out of SP. Lucifer also had every stat maxed so I would switch to Joker for All-Out Attacks. Each fight takes about twice as long as Metatron (on Easy), but gives 4x exp so it ends up being way faster. Also a lot less boring.

• Like 2

If anyone is interested in Metatron time stimations:

I can state that my time from bond level 60 to level 99 using Metatron in Easy was 9 hours and a half, remember that this is an easy and mindless battle were you won't ever die. He also drops a lot of incense, specially Magic, so you can max Alice's magic to 99 in a short time.

I had a lvl 90+ Alice with Eigaon, Curse Boost and Spell Master, a Metatron with Debilitate and the Auto-Tarukaja accessory. Cast Eigaon, "1 more" to close in, Debilitate, and then spam Eigaon (4-5 times) until the All Out Attack. At the beginning I needed 3 all out attacks and in the end I kill him after a few Eigaons after the second. Halfway of course I had a lvl 99 Alice with 99 magic and almost 99 strength.

• Like 1

Just finished up the Plat. My Sendai shadow strat was a maxed out Lucifer with Diamond Dust and a maxed out Yoshitsune. Team was Wolf/Ann/Sophie. Ran in as Wolf for the debilitate and a heat riser on Joker then just spammed DD till the freeze, switch to Yoshitsune then did a charge into hassun tobi which always drained it's shields. Hit all out, rinse and repeat. Throw a showtime in there when it was charged up. Had Ann and Sophie there just in case to spam me heals as the ai when I would use up all my hp on the hassun tobi's. Each fight took less than a minute.

It was so much faster than Metatron was when I was doing it to get to level 99 before starting merciless.

It's the best way to grind. Don't kill yourself on Metatron.

On 1.3.2021 at 6:07 AM, Lake013 said:

Don't know if I'd recommend this due to the time it takes to get in place, but it looks like it was intended for people to get the trophy in merciless difficulty, the dire shadows on that difficulty give waaaay more bond XP.

The dire shadow in the first dungeon gives approx 60,000 xp and has similar weaknesses to Metatron. I've fought my way through to the second one in Sendai (King Snake), it gives 84,600 bond xp per kill and as it's weak to 3 elements (Bless, Fire, and Ice) the kill time is only a little shorter than Metatron for me and I can stun lock it for most of the fight.

tempted to push through to see what the 3rd Dire shadow gives.

How ? They dont respawn for me 

7 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Finished it and while it was not ideal by any stretch, I tried a new podcast that I enjoyed quite a bit and made the whole process not feel as awful as I expected.

I just finished it now and also was listening to a new podcast lol.

What an awful trophy in an otherwise phenomenal game.

• Like 4

Still working on this trophy and am Level 92 bond now. Just 7 more levels to go. Part of me is telling myself do Merciless NG+ but at this point I've just convinced myself to keep sweeping through Metatron fast as possible while listening to music or talking to someone on headset to keep myself busy during it. Almost there looking forward to nabbing this Platinum and moving onto something else. I need to someday try getting the Yakuza 7 Platinum just need the time to get myself ready to even try Millennium Tower. 

• Like 2

To guys out there who got the platinum already

i finished Everything on my first playthrough except for the „all persona“ trophy and the bonding trophy 

what would you guys suggest me should i grind persona points and complete the persona book or shall i switch directly to new game + and grind there the two missing.

And what is the best method to grind those persona points?

im missing quite a lot if persona around 12% or smth.

• Like 1