Eternal Bonds Trophy

Drahcir7x2

After trying metatron for some levels I thought fuck this shit and went with the dire shadow route. in Sendai

After some hours I finally got to him with

Black frost lv99 all stats 99 with ice boost and all that stuff just to spam 1 ice skill

Yoshitsune lv99 all stats 99 full crit/technical build

Lucifer lv99 all stats 99 blazing hell+fire boost

And thank god for this topic. I checked 3 runs and all were around ~2min50sec with ~60k xp

This is by far the fastest method to get bond 99!

• Like 2

Just got it the Snake King way, I tried the Metatron way and I can say the Snake King is waaaaay faster to grind! Just save up enough money from your first gameplay to use it in new game+ on Merciless to have MAX STATS Lucifer (don't worry about PP if you don't have enough).. a life saver, you'll need him to have: Diamond Dust, Ice Bust, Freeze Bust (from Black Frost the regular level will do) and Spell Master (from Alice level 90 or 99 can't remember) also Mornin Star (Lucifer's own at level 99) is a great help incase the other enemies from the save point to the Snake King caught you in battle (P.S. they also gain you Bond EXP and will be a one-hit KO with max stats Lucifer' Mornin Star. The only pain is reaching this point on Merciless, I suggest staking on SP items from your first play and spam effective magic on enemies, specially Bicorn and Alice battle and the sub-boss just before her. You will not have any use for items after reaching Snake King with the following party, as they have the super effective magic/support agains the Snake King (Ice, Fire, Ice, Bless):

Joker: Freeze Lock Him (Main/Lucifer)

Ann: Fire Magic (Support)

Yusuke: Ice Magic (Support)

Sophie: Bless Magic (Support/Healer)

If you do it right, the Snake King will not even touch you! He don't spawn any other enemies with him. Spam freeze lock him, when he can't move, spam your melee attacks, he gives a ton of useful items that will keep you and your Personas stronger and so on the process will get faster and faster. Took me around 3 hours to get from bond level 68 to 99, the last level alone took me 3 battles with him.

Edited by bald_merchant
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LordEddardStark7 said:

Can't you go to that point on Easy and then switch to Merciless just before the Sendai Dire Shadow fight?

No, Merciless difficulty should be selected from the start of the new game+, you can't change the difficulty setting after that (you'll get a notification).

2 hours ago, bald_merchant said:

No, Merciless difficulty should be selected from the start of the new game+, you can't change the difficulty setting after that (you'll get a notification).

Could you tell how exactly you can get Lucifer to max stats in NG+ Merciless? How much money would I need to grind on Easy before entering Merciless?

What I noticed while using the "accumulator" trick to build stats is that once I register and drop the persona I used to build up the stats, rebuy it and fuse to make a new persona, this new persona doesn't get the bonus stats that it would've got if I had not dropped before. 

So my confusion is, if I got all the required persona for fusing Lucifer to max stats in Easy NG, how does the fusion in NG+ make Lucifer max stats? I'm definitely missing something here.

A tip to help maximise xp & time during the merciless grind.

I've been doing the king snake on merciless grind. & have noticed that I fill my showtime meter twice during the fight. One just before his health it's the half way mark, the second just before the end of the fight.

So I've started not using the second one to end the fight, as it takes a few seconds to finish him off at that point. Instead I shoot the shadow patrolling the area on way out (I arrive & exit from the sendai world center checkpoint,not the one shown in video) use showtime which instantly ends the fight giving you another 2,000+ xp. WHich sholud take some time off the grind by the end.

* I noticed in the inital video showing off the king snake fight on page 1 only got 1 showtime. I presume that's because his lucifer doesn't have "rebel soul" in it's moveset,  so give your lucifer 'rebel soul'& you should get 2 showtimes like i've been getting.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LordEddardStark7 said:

Could you tell how exactly you can get Lucifer to max stats in NG+ Merciless? How much money would I need to grind on Easy before entering Merciless?

What I noticed while using the "accumulator" trick to build stats is that once I register and drop the persona I used to build up the stats, rebuy it and fuse to make a new persona, this new persona doesn't get the bonus stats that it would've got if I had not dropped before. 

So my confusion is, if I got all the required persona for fusing Lucifer to max stats in Easy NG, how does the fusion in NG+ make Lucifer max stats? I'm definitely missing something here.

first money isn't what you need for NG+ in merciless. you need items,specifically ones that give you sp. & lots of them.  When doing the shibuya section, you can't cook & you can't really buy sp items very often.  enemies usually require plenty of magic, especially the boss fights, so you constantly need refills...there's no retrying in prisons. it's saves/checkpoints. So you need to be able to handle a few fights back to back, this requires sp.

it will seem quite tense and scary at first (the first 'named' enemy i came across, 1 hit killed me lol) you'll get through it, with patience.

I believe on easy the items in shops come back after a short peroid of time spent in the metaverse. so you want to hop between the metaverse & back to sophie's shop buying as many food items/sp items as possible, and cook as many sp items as you can. buy any healing or revival items you can too.

regarding the accumulator trick. you NEVER drop the persona that passes on the stats. you register it in the inmate registry then fuse a new persona with it. once it's a new persona you can summon the one you just maxed out. rinse and repeat. the inital persona that I maxed out has been fused hundreds of times at this point so i could get the 10 strongest personas maxed out.

e.g. if you want a maxed out lucifer & you have a maxed out jack o' lantern. you fuse that into a Black frost, register the black frost, then fuse black frost into lucifer.  You then summon black frost.  and you've got two maxed out personas. If you want any other maxed out persona you have to fuse the lucifer however many times it takes to get the desired result.

if you've accidentally lost the maxed out persona needed to do the accumulator trick  & need to start again & thus need lots of PP , summon one you already maxed out, then go to persona enhancement & delete it, you'll quickly get a tonne of pp. rinse and repeat and you'll have millions of pp very very quickly.

Edited by Domatron0602

3 hours ago, Domatron0602 said:

e.g. if you want a maxed out lucifer & you have a maxed out jack o' lantern. you fuse that into a Black frost, register the black frost, then fuse black frost into lucifer.  You then summon black frost.  and you've got two maxed out personas. If you want any other maxed out persona you have to fuse the lucifer however many times it takes to get the desired result.

if you've accidentally lost the maxed out persona needed to do the accumulator trick  & need to start again & thus need lots of PP , summon one you already maxed out, then go to persona enhancement & delete it, you'll quickly get a tonne of pp. rinse and repeat and you'll have millions of pp very very quickly.

Correct, just one more thing, if you don't have enough money DO NOT regester the Persona so that it will not cost you more money to summon it.. just keep it in your party and continue to fuse it.

One last thing, fusion errors works on your side if you know how to stay on the same track.

• Like 1

Play the game on new game+ merciless until you reach sendai, it should be noted joker should be level 90-99 and it is best recommended to have lucifer too, equip the grand crystal accessory, which can be obtained from painful past+: marino hyodo request which can be fought before starting new game+ on a mastered save file, this accessory grants a small chance for no HP/SP to be consumed upon using a skill, the chance for this is relatively high actually and makes spamming weaknesses onto bosses very easy. The best grind for this would be to fight the dire shadow in sendai with the aforementioned load out, I brought yusuke, ann and makoto but feel free to bring anyone with a skill that’s weak to the dire shadow, for me the boss takes less than 5 minutes to beat and grants me nearly an entire bar of bond xp with each defeat as well as lots of exp for the team too in case they were under leveled, i am currently sitting at level 70 and will grind more tomorrow but so far this strategy works very well

• Like 1

I don't know if this will be useful for you guys, but I managed to go from lvl 78 to lvl 99 in 10 hours and a half, using the Metatron method combined with the Mara + The Reaper method (I battled these two just once per level). It takes like half an hour to get one level up. Choose easy difficulty for these battles, or else it could take you too much time.

I did two complete walkthroughs, first in normal, second in hard, with post-game and all the quests included. My whole party and Alice were lvl 99 once I started the grinding. You will be at lvl 61 at the end of the first walkthrough and lvl 78 in the second one if you do all the quest and post-game.

If you can try Merciless, it's a faster method. But it's just too easy to die there.

11 minutes ago, RoseDragoon said:

I don't know if this will be useful for you guys, but I managed to go from lvl 78 to lvl 99 in 10 hours and a half...

I did two complete walkthroughs, first in normal, second in hard, with post-game and all the quests included.

So was that 10.5 hours of grinding after TWO full play-throughs? Can’t help but feel like the second full run wasn’t worth it if you still had to spend that much time grinding away

From what I'd read here, I expected it was going to be a massive grind but I've been pleasantly surprised.

I didn't wanna spend hours farming a single enemy over & over again so I've opted to play through Merciless instead & I'm having a lot of fun. I prepared a few Persona's on my normal game save ready for Merciless & they've carried me through nicely. I made an Alice, a Trumpeter & a Black Frost to combo off of Trumpeter & for the most part they've seen me through. I've also since made a Lucifer on NG+ once I hit level 90, his sleep & Almighty combo is just ridiculous how much damage it does.

Bond xp on Merciless is insane too, I'm just about to start the 5th jail & I'm already at bond rank 96, will probably hit 99 in the next couple hours while I'm clearing Jail 5.

On my Merciless playthrough I've not bothered with any requests as they give little to nothing in terms of items & bond xp but I have fought every battle I've come across (so all enemies wondering around in the jails) including the Dire Shadows in each jail so far. Considering I opted to do this instead of farming, I'm pleased with my choice, not only has it not been boring, playing around with Persona combinations & skill sets which I wouldn't normally have done has been a lot of fun.

On 23/3/2021 at 10:26 AM, BGriff1986 said:

So was that 10.5 hours of grinding after TWO full play-throughs? Can’t help but feel like the second full run wasn’t worth it if you still had to spend that much time grinding away

Well I enjoyed the game a lot. I wanted to beat it in hard difficulty and see the story again. Second walkthrough took me only three days and it was way easier than the first one. I didn't want to get bored spending 15-20 hours grinding Metatron, Mara and the Reaper. 

I tried merciless (since it gives a trophy) but it was impossible to continue the story in that difficulty. If the enemies barely touch you, you are dead.

Edited by RoseDragoon

1 hour ago, RoseDragoon said:

I tried merciless (since it gives a trophy) but it was impossible to continue the story in that difficulty. If the enemies barely touch you, you are dead.

The first 30 mins or so of Merciless are brutal because you’ve only got Joker to play with. Once you defeat the strong Bicorn and all the other party members open up the pressure eases off big time

• Like 3

Just got my platinum yesterday, thank you everyone for the tips! I grinded Metatron for a bit, then I started NG+ and rushed to Snake King. Got bond from 78 to 99 in 4:30 hours. It's very easy using Lucifer+Blazing Hell, so I really recommend using this method!

Heyho

first i wanted to thank you guys for the suggestions, tipps and runs

and  i did try every suggestions and looked up max stats guids and persona skill guids and stuff like that

to get the personas you mentioned with maxed stats

and i havent seen anyone mention my own quite a lot faster snake king run build in here

so i wanted to mention it and saved a video of a run with everything i use

1. i ofc started with metatron till i was lvl 90

2. then i build max stats alice and black frost so i can clear my way till sendai

3. i did the black frost snake king runs till i got about 450-500 sp through the first 2 enemies + snake king with SP Incense and of course powered up my teammates with everything except sp and hp incense

4.I buff myself up with Heat Riser and use Debilitate with Metatron on Snake King

5.  After that I use Nocturnal Flash on Snake King which has a high chance of making Dizzy

6. I finish him up with many Technical Morning Stars from Lucifer and all outs+showtime

I think this build and run is way faster then the Black frost version

I still need about 2 hours for my own platinum

Edited by Bystander000
  • Like 1

On 1/3/2021 at 7:21 AM, Drahcir7x2 said:

I've been Farming the Dire Shadows In Sendai at Merciless and it is super worth it. With the right setup & party, it goes down on 4-5 minutes and gives out WAY more than Metatron on Easy.

My Setup

Lucifer (Max Stats)

- Ice Amp

- Ice Boost

- Freeze Boost

- Diamond Dust/Ice Age

- Spell Master

Team: Yusuke, Ann, Sophia

------

Just Cast Diamond Dust/Ice Age till Frozen, then wail on the Snake King until unfrozen, freeze and repeat.

Spend All Non-SP Incense on Yusuke, so that he can be a back-up.

Thanks for the tips, I will try this one.