Eternal Bonds Trophy

Drahcir7x2

3 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

May I ask, what about the time preparing your personas/build and reaching the beginning of the farm from when you first did the tutorial sewer at the start of merciless with the Bicorn boss??

Around 1 hour to get the 99 stats because I started from 0 accumulated power, I didnt know about that mechanic until I was looking stuff about the reaper fight, if I had kept the same fusion cycle going from the start maybe it would be faster I was treating the game as a normal persona game and dismissing personas all the time.

I remember that I got from 52 to 60 bond level in my way from the start of merciless to the Snake King, time wise I have no idea.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Optinooby said:

How were you doing it for it to take you 3+ times longer than me almost??

I tried the Merciless grinding and just hated it, the frustration, preparation and time spent getting there and then the tedious battle sealed the no deal for me!!

As I mentioned earlier, I tackled Metatron with a normal persona (store bought and no fusion loop). It was an Arahabaki because it was my highest level persona with a Curse spell. And probably because of the longer loading time on PS4 as I have to go back to RV, select the request, go to jail, fight metatron, return, yada-yada. It wasn't really efficient when I did this because my objective then was to just earn enough character level to 90 because I planned to get the rest of bond exp from Snake King on Merciless.

Here are my videos:

On 01/02/2022 at 8:13 PM, Silocia said:

I'm doing this now, I've gone up 15 levels in 2hr30min roughly. Its slower than yours and I mixed it up with grinding "an Ebon God Descends" just for sanity sake and to bring in some cash ready for another equipment upgrade. 

Its definitely faster just monotonous. I'd also say its widely dependant on luck regarding how fast it is because it doesnt always dish out the same experience. 

To update on my previous post I'm currently hour 54:14 minutes and I only need to beat the reaper, complete compendium and start a new game plus on merciless. Obviously I havent rushed the story and I know I've had the game running while I've done other things so my save time is very bloated.

I did the Osaka statue grind, I got to level 36-95 in around 9 hours give or take as you can see above I wasted time grinding other things just to make it less monotonous. When I got to bond 95 I continued with the game, by the time I completed the game Joker was level 80 and my bond was level 97. Next I completed all requests until I unlocked the Reaper request, I have then just been grinding Metatron and Junk collection 9 request to get some cash for the compendium and to level up characters to level 70 and Joker to level 90. I don't just grind Metatron however, I grind the entire dungeon and him. I can clear the entire dungeon of enemies and items and Metatron in 10 minutes, I have always got at least 1 treasure demon, on one run I even got 3.

Joker is currently sitting at level 86 and all my characters are above level 70. As soon as Joker is level 90 I'll be completing the compendium except Lucifer, starting a new game + on merciless, jumping back the save to get new game + on easy (if the guide is correct) and running to the point I can fuse Lucifer and I'll have the platinum.

I honestly believe this is the quickest way, not entirely sure what @Optinooby thinks about the end game but it completely skips any merciless grind and endless hours of Metatron grind IF you can stomach the long arduous statue grind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silocia said:

To update on my previous post I'm currently hour 54:14 minutes and I only need to beat the reaper, complete compendium and start a new game plus on merciless. Obviously I havent rushed the story and I know I've had the game running while I've done other things so my save time is very bloated.

I did the Osaka statue grind, I got to level 36-95 in around 9 hours give or take as you can see above I wasted time grinding other things just to make it less monotonous. When I got to bond 95 I continued with the game, by the time I completed the game Joker was level 80 and my bond was level 97. Next I completed all requests until I unlocked the Reaper request, I have then just been grinding Metatron and Junk collection 9 request to get some cash for the compendium and to level up characters to level 70 and Joker to level 90. I don't just grind Metatron however, I grind the entire dungeon and him. I can clear the entire dungeon of enemies and items and Metatron in 10 minutes, I have always got at least 1 treasure demon, on one run I even got 3.

Joker is currently sitting at level 86 and all my characters are above level 70. As soon as Joker is level 90 I'll be completing the compendium except Lucifer, starting a new game + on merciless, jumping back the save to get new game + on easy (if the guide is correct) and running to the point I can fuse Lucifer and I'll have the platinum.

I honestly believe this is the quickest way, not entirely sure what @Optinooby thinks about the end game but it completely skips any merciless grind and endless hours of Metatron grind IF you can stomach the long arduous statue grind.

Wait. Did you just reply to yourself XD.

I mostly agree with you mate, on PS5 at least as that is where I did my 20 hour platinum!! 36 to 90 on PS5 via the statue is 5 hours, much quicker than yourself. You must have been on PS4, or doing other stuff like you say.

Statue is definitely the quickest way for bond XP alone, quicker than merciless.

From 90, I get up to 96.5 by the time Reaper is done and Joker is lvl 90. You can go up to 95 I spose, but I just preferred 90, farming Metatron for 30mins at 90second cycles wasn't that bad, it gets you to lvl 99 at least and lots of cash/Incense.

I think most of us farm Metatron anyway for a bit off cash no matter how we want to farm the bond.

I did the same as you reference the compendium and the Merciless. Did the compendium when Joker was at lv 90, then once compendium was at 98%, finished the bond from 96 to 99 at Metatron.

Exactly same for NG+ as well, starting it for the trophy, then restarted it on easy!!

I think this the best way as well, I feel the merciless farming methods are somehow forgetting about the hours it takes to get the farming spot ready.

Edited by Optinooby
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

Wait. Did you just reply to yourself XD.

I mostly agree with you mate, on PS5 at least as that is where I did my 20 hour platinum!! 36 to 90 on PS5 via the statue is 5 hours, much quicker than yourself. You must have been on PS4, or doing other stuff like you say.

Statue is definitely the quickest way for bond XP alone, quicker than merciless.

From 90, I get up to 96.5 by the time Reaper is done and Joker is lvl 90. You can go up to 95 I spose, but I just preferred 90, farming Metatron for 30mins at 90second cycles wasn't that bad, it gets you to lvl 99 at least and lots of cash/Incense.

I most of us farm Metatron anyway for a bit off cash no matter how we want to farm

the bond.

I did the same as you reference the compendium and the Merciless. Did the compendium when Joker was at lv 90, then once compendium was at 98%, finished the bond from 96 to 99 at Metatron.

Exactly same for NG+ as well, starting it for the trophy, then restarted it on easy!!

I think this the best way as well, I feel the merciless farming methods are somehow forgetting about the hours it takes to get the farming spot ready.

Yeah I did hahaha mainly for new players who just skip to the end of the thread looking for any answers haha.

Its been an hour since that post and I'm rushing the "second" play through to get to fusing lucifer. I was on the PS5 but this is my first actual run of the game, I'm at 55 hours with a definite bloated save and one that followed the story, I know through reading your posts the 20 is skipping story so it shows both sides. 

• Like 1

I have been hunting for trophies for years and never seen something this boring. The trophies that require skill and patience, I adore them but I cannot find myself enduring this kind of grinding. Huge respect to the ones who did this. I think I will never do this even though I'm a huge Persona fan. What a shame.

• Like 1

On 7.2.2022 at 4:45 PM, Optinooby said:

Snap

Thank for your advice (and Videos on YT).

Did my bond level on my base ps4 with ssd from 37 to 90 with the statue grind. One "statue loop" took me 22 seconds. But I always did this in a party while chatting with friends.

After that I completed the rest of the story + few requests. My Bond Level was like 93 or something. My next step was to grind all my characters to Level 70 and Joker to 90 by using the request with Metatron (used ur video here. Took me less than 2 mins but still fast. Great video! Very helpful)

On my last step I used the fuse exploit and on my first loop I got an accident Shiisaa at Level 95. Which gave me 250k PP and it costs me like 16k YEN. Which was more than enough to fuse and level all the only Fusion Personas.

Did a ng+ run on easy (tried to use a merciless run before my "accident" persona) and I have to agree it isn't worth it. Easy ng+ is faster and better.

My end time was like 52 hours. With few hours idling here and there. 

Great game but I still love P5R a little bit more! 

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Eternal bonds is killing the fun.

I'm barely started and already got fed up with this game.

EDIT:

I just reached Bond lv99 with Sendai dire shadow (Snake King)

Did it in 12 hours and I thought it would take longer than that. 

I ended doing it without OP Lucifer and that was easy, is not worth wasting your time in the velvet room just for him.

Go for Snake King guys.

Edited by MegaMegu__

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 8:52 AM, psh8989 said:

My solution to this is to use Remote Play on my desktop, set up a PS4 controller macro (https://github.com/komefai/PS4Macro) to record controller input, and visit and interact with the Billiken statue in the Shinsekai area in Osaka over and over, running back to the previous area each time. Each visit grants one of 3 bond XP gains (7500, 3750 or 2250 XP) at random and leaving the area its in and coming back resets it an unlimited number of times. It takes around 20 seconds to complete a full round. 

It took me about 20 minutes to set up, and most of that was configuring remote play to work. Now that it's going I've gone from 48 bond to 61 in around 30 minutes of letting this run in the background while I work. I occasionally check in on it to make sure the macro is running correctly and to save progress.

Normally I wouldn't turn to macros, but this is just an absurd grind in an otherwise amazing game. Hoping it'll be at or near maxed out by the end of the work day or tomorrow.

UPDATE - about 8 hours later at the end of the workday I was sitting halfway through bond level 98. 

Wow, this is a genius method!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I used Billiken statue grind in Shinsekai, Osaka.

The best thing about this grind u can literally pass the time by watching anything especially OTT videos.

I finished the entire season of Hellbound, All of us are dead meanwhile grinding this.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/03/2021 at 3:22 AM, thunderinstead89 said:

My solution to this is to use Remote Play on my desktop, set up a PS4 controller macro (https://github.com/komefai/PS4Macro) to record controller input, and visit and interact with the Billiken statue in the Shinsekai area in Osaka over and over, running back to the previous area each time. Each visit grants one of 3 bond XP gains (7500, 3750 or 2250 XP) at random and leaving the area its in and coming back resets it an unlimited number of times. It takes around 20 seconds to complete a full round. 

It took me about 20 minutes to set up, and most of that was configuring remote play to work. Now that it's going I've gone from 48 bond to 61 in around 30 minutes of letting this run in the background while I work. I occasionally check in on it to make sure the macro is running correctly and to save progress.

Normally I wouldn't turn to macros, but this is just an absurd grind in an otherwise amazing game. Hoping it'll be at or near maxed out by the end of the work day or tomorrow.

UPDATE - about 8 hours later at the end of the workday I was sitting halfway through bond level 98. 

Can confirm this works a treat, I have a ps5 and the macro wouldn't pick up PS5 controller. Tried ps4 controller refused to work with remote play, had to use rewasd and use with the ps5 controller. After 4 hours level 48 to 88 so far with occasional macro breaking (running into the wall, classic)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm planning on starting this game soon and trying to decide if I'll go for the platinum trophy. How long does the fastest method with the statue take to get the Eternal Bonds trophy? Are we talking a couple of hours or about a dozen or more hours?

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2023 at 7:49 AM, ZeroGeass1 said:

I'm planning on starting this game soon and trying to decide if I'll go for the platinum trophy. How long does the fastest method with the statue take to get the Eternal Bonds trophy? Are we talking a couple of hours or about a dozen or more hours?

Probably like 5-10 from what i've seen.