Post Your Newest PlayStation 4 Game

Parker

TitanSouls-MEGABOOTH.png915BXZ1Ak6L._SX385_.jpg

I bought the first on sale a couple of weeks ago and the retail version of the latter with the Old Hunters DLC for a bargain. Bloodborne it's going to be my first official Souls game, I'm thrilled. Titan Souls is wonderful, it reminds me of Zelda and Shadow of the Colossus a lot.

Rock Band 4.

I bought Guitar Hero Live at launch. I knew it wouldn't be perfect, I knew it wouldn't be everything I wanted it to be, but it was just over 100 bucks at launch, while Rock Band, the game I'd have preferred, it's cheapest bundle here with just the game and guitar was going for 250. Long story short, as a long time fan, Live disappointed me immensely.

Fast forward a few months, EB is throwing out the Rock Band guitar bundle for a cool hundred bones, grabbed that in a heart beat. Set list is so so, and the best songs are half the time from previous Guitar Hero / Rock Band titles anyway. On top of that, I never bothered to export my old songs, but I did for AC/DC because it was free for some reason so why wouldn't I? Any who, to get your old songs, which they fail to mention when bragging about the backwards compatibility, apparently you need to first import them to Rock Band 3, then they can be dumped into Rock Band 4. Great, thanks guys, Rock Band 2 straight up wasn't sold in Australia, and Rock Band 3 has popped up in preowned stores even less than the second one, so clearly it didn't sell too well here either. 

So to sum that part up, I can't import my old songs, my new guitar doesn't work on my old games, and the setlist is so so out the box.

On top of that, before the patch downloaded and installed, the guitar straight up would not work properly, the lag was damn well unplayable, it was insanity. I've never had to actually do that setup thing in any GH/RB game before, because they just worked, but this one, no matter what I did it wouldn't go. Thankfully the patch fixed this, but I fucking HATE that we live in a time where people can release broken games, patch them later, and people will just move on like nothing happened. Anyway, aside from the odd note randomly not being hit, and the odd time every now and then when it seems a teeny bit out of sync, it handles fine after the patch.

Now, Guitar Hero Live, with it's new guitar controller is all over the place, and I'm not some noob, I'm good at these games, damn good, but that controller is just an annoyance. Rock Band 4 and it's simple classic controller work a treat, and (viciously) rocking out to Panama by Van Halen with it captures the feel good rock star experience the original Guitar Heros so perfectly created. I could not be happier with this game when I'm kicking ass in a great song. It's the return to form I wanted out of GH Live, and it's everything I thought it would be when they both came out, but the price was just too steep to justify at the time.

Anywho, Rock Band 4...it's pretty sweet.

One minor annoyance, even though I bop around like a geriatric donkey while playing, I don't like the way star power activates because sometimes the guitar doesn't pick up on me moving and it won't go no matter how much I shake it. The solution to this, was to just hit the select button with my strumming hand and move on, but now that on PS4 select has become share, that option is no longer available. Thankfully though, the star power activation detection thing in this guitar is the best ever by far, you just need to figure out how to lean, which, after 5-10 goes of nothing happening you'll find is to swing the guitar to the right.

Since Sony has allowed street dates for all PS4 launch games and accessories to be broken I figured we may as well start this thread. As always, anything new you've picked up for your PS4, physical or digital, go ahead and post up in here.

Here is what I picked up...

killzone_shadow_fall_full_boxart.jpg

I'll more than likely be picking up Battlefield 4 when it launches too.

Parker

Only digitals atm, lol.