PSN Having Massive Problems - Multiplayer affected

quickfoozlle

21 minutes ago, quickfoozlle said:

The Lord of the Rings: War in the North if offline since yesterday. Does anyone know if they have shut it down without notification?

PSN as a whole is having massive problems right now so it wouldn't surprise me if this game was another in a long list of casualties caused by whatever the issue is with the network.

5 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

PSN as a whole is having massive problems right now so it wouldn't surprise me if this game was another in a long list of casualties caused by whatever the issue is with the network.

My buddies and I were just able to play BF3 online and getting trophies (I also had to buy 1 day of rented server and no issues at all), the only problem we met was regarding sync the trophies.

This is a pretty odd situation, if PSN has issues, pretty much everything won't work like the store, multiplayer on games and sync system too... Hopefully is nothing serious and most of those issues will get fixed by Sony soon

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Agent_Renegade22 said:

My buddies and I were just able to play BF3 online and getting trophies (I also had to buy 1 day of rented server and no issues at all), the only problem we met was regarding sync the trophies.

This is a pretty odd situation, if PSN has issues, pretty much everything won't work like the store, multiplayer on games and sync system too... Hopefully is nothing serious and most of those issues will get fixed by Sony soon

how did you solve the problem of synchronizing trophies?

I've been checking a bunch of PS3 games with online servers and I can't join/create a ranked or private match or establish a connection at all in the following games:

Max Payne 3

Tomb Raider

Spelunker HD

Payday: The Heist

Resident Evil 5

Batman: Arkham Origins

Dead Island

Dead Nation

Red Dead Redemption

I was able to start a UGC mission on both, inFamous 2 and Festival of Blood.

On Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain I was able to infiltrate another player's FOB.

On Enemy Front it keeps searching for a match, no connection issues just unpopulated servers it seems.

On Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood, "No games found" message when searching for a ranked match and infinite "Please wait..." message when creating a non ranked 1 people match. I don't know if the latter is related to PSN connection issues.

Regarding PS4 games:

On Red Dead Redemption II, I was able to join a free roam lobby and an online elimination series lobby.

On Hitman 2, it disconnected when I search for a player on Sniper Assassin Mode but it seems to be the regular disconnection issue as the game kept searching for a player on a second attempt. Contracts and Escalation are fine.

On Marvel Ultimate Alliance, I got a "A network error occurred. Please check your network connection and try again" message when trying to access online. 

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Deceptrox said:

I've been checking a bunch of PS3 games with online servers and I can't join/create a ranked or private match or establish a connection at all in the following games:

-snip-

I also want to mention that Resident Evil Revelations (PS4) has the same problem at the moment, I tried to play with someone yesterday and neither of us could create an online lobby, and today we also couldn't do it. This game has one trophy that must be done with a second player, all of the others are doable solo.

Didn't realize there was PSN wide outage going on related to games since I haven't been playing anything online until today.

I started Pix the Cat today and two of the trophies require you to reach a certain ranking on the daily leaderboard, but because it says "network error" and can't display the leaderboards, I can't get the two trophies that require it.

The latest achiever got it only 5 days ago so I was curious what was going on.

The outage would explain why I got error messages when checking for updates on some games.

7 hours ago, Deceptrox said:

You can add Soul Calibur 2 HD nline with that least.  i freaked out that that they might have killed the server already.  Seems like PSN as a whole on PS 3.  

I could play Far Cry New Dawn coop perfectly and my bf played Destiny 2 last night with his friends.

I tried to Shareplay Resident Evil 7 with a classmate, at first I thought it didn’t work cause my HDR was enabled but that wasn’t the issue. Shareplay didn’t work for my other friend either.

Edited by LoveInHell