how you use Awakenings?

Titanomachy_75

• 5 months later...

It's random... they're kinda like fluxations (I Am Setsuna) and sublimations (Lost Sphear) where you get them randomly after doing a Momentum :square:.  With Oninaki the probability of getting an Awakening don't seem to be more frequent.  I was getting them with the other Daemons but with Treize the Awakenings seems to have stopped!  I'm not sure if we have to keep changing our skills to get more of them, it's just unusual that I just stopped getting them.  A really bad case of RNG perhaps?

• Like 1

Just now, Eispan said:

It's random... they're kinda like fluxations (I Am Setsuna) and sublimations (Lost Sphear) where you get them randomly after doing a Momentum :square:.  With Oninaki the probability of getting an Awakening don't seem to be more frequent.  I was getting them with the other Daemons but with Treize the Awakenings seems to have stopped!  I'm not sure if we have to keep changing our skills to get more of them, it's just unusual that I just stopped getting them.  A really bad case of RNG perhaps?

I figured it out :) Thks thou fun game :))

• Like 1

☑️ Awakenings are the equivalent of Fluxations in I Am Setsuna and Sublimations in Lost Sphear but kinda functions in a different way.  They're all still at the mercy of RNGesus whether the god of RNG decides to give them to you or not, but they seem more (super) random in Oninaki. At least with the previous versions of the game, pressing :square: for a Momentum will somehow have a 50/50 chance for a fluxation/sublimation. With Oninaki, you actually don't have to be Manifested to get Awakenings though the probability of it seems to be greater while in it. 

You no longer need to press that timely :square: for a Momentum like how things were previously.  Just spam your attacks the normal way if you must while Manifested using the Skills assigned to :circle::triangle::r1:  and :r2:.  A notification will then appear on the right side of the UI or screen whenever a Skill has been awakened, informing the player which 'time-limited' buffs are being applied during battle. 

Triggering an Awakening will almost certainly add an attribute to a Daemon's weapon and just like how spritnites get Fluxations/Sublimations, a weapon will be designated an Awakened skill.  The Daemon weapons can hold more than 10 of these Awakenings this time and having that much in a set doesn't seem to affect the frequency to land one, compared to before when the closer you are to having 10 the harder it is to be adding more. 

We no longer have to trigger 10 Awakenings on single weapon for a trophy, instead the count is cummulative across all Daemon weapons - the only problem is we have to do it 100 times! It's like the Seeker of Knowledge trophy from I Am Setsuna - fluxing a 'support spritnite' which is the worse kind of RNG and now the bar is raised to 1000%, literally. If there's any consolation, we don't have to keep manually changing them as all 18 Awakenings are being applied to the weapon skills automatically albeit randomly.

The 18 Awakenings (passive weapon attributes) to look out for are:

AffinityBlightChainCriticalityDestructionElusivenessEmpowerFateHastenLimitlessManifestationPierceQuicknessResolveRestoration

StunWeaken and Wither.

Everytime you use a SKILL there's a chance that an Awakening will be triggered. Go to the Daemon's Skill Tree to add a (randomly given) attribute to the weapon that has triggered it.  They don't auto-equip as they normally did with fluxations and sublimations, you now have to manually do them via:

:options: ➡️ Daemons ➡️ Possessed [ active Daemon's name ] ➡️ Skill Tree, then toggle between the skill nodes :ls: to look for the Weapon Skill with ⚠️ on it.  You can have between 1 to 18 passive Awakenings kept on a single Weapon Skill, we start at 4 but so far I have activate up to 6, depending on how the weapon has matured through constant use.

Get 100 of these Awakenings and the Enlightened Sage trophy is yours. It's also advisable to use a different Skill once they have accumulated more than 10 Awakenings to easily get more of these passive attributes from a new skill.

The trophies associated with this are:

(B) Battle Master - Triggered 10 Awakenings. (manageable and not too hard to get)

(B) Enlightened Sage - Triggered 100 Awakenings. (super grindy and super random for a bronze trophy, expect hundreds of battles for it)

(S) Omniscient - Triggered every Awakening.

You can count the number of Awakenings you have by going to each Daemon's Skill Tree and individually check each Weapon Skill for a manual count... it's THAT tedious!  I believe you only need to have triggered them once and it doesn't all have to be on a single weapon.

Edited by Eispan
  • Like 2