Sir_TyroneOBE

Waving the white flag

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys I've recently finished the single-player trophies and was getting prepared for the online ones though unfortunately, God said no and I just couldn't join no matter how much I tried. My internet is fine and on average I get around 7.5mbps and 6.4mbps for ps3. It never dips below 5 for both of them and after a little tinkering I got a bit higher but even after all the methods I tried it just wouldn't work and I could not join a session. Every other game I played worked great online(as good as its servers were) so my conclusion is that it's just not meant to be I mean I'm reaching burnout island with this game's plat which I slowed down with other games I played at the same time. I would love to see that plat on my profile but I would also love more to just leave it and move on to the next game. I'm perfectly content with the 100% single-player and finishing up the DLC trophies and calling it a day after all I only plat games I really enjoyed and as much I love GTA IV  I don't love it like I love MGS and if an already tedious plat is acting like this then I'm off to the next plat.  (Also fuck multiplayer trophies they are like DLC codes on special edition physical games)

PSN is undergoing a lot of problems right now and a lot of games are having issues being able to connect

Don't give up! Like what @SnowxSakura said, PSN is having a lot of issues. So just wait until things settle down a bit. You mentioned playing another game. Go do that. Once you platinum that game, come back to GTA4 and get the last remaining trophies. You already got 100% of the single-player trophies, might as well get the last remaining ones. Not only that, you will get an Ultra rare platinum (0.94%) out of it!

So I've heard though it's been going on for a while for me I guess I could wait out a little longer by god, I did put 65 hours into this game wouldn't hurt too much to hang on just a bit longer.

Edited by Sir_TyroneOBE

It works now though it wasn't due to the psn outage being fixed my whole router was messed internally but I had already planned to get rid of it and replaced so it's all good now and I can continue with this plat.

3 hours ago, Sir_TyroneOBE said:

It works now though it wasn't due to the psn outage being fixed my whole router was messed internally but I had already planned to get rid of it and replaced so it's all good now and I can continue with this plat.

Good to hear, good luck!