Car and Boat Repairs

Kal2210

Any tips for these 2? Do car and boat parts always spawn in the same areas on a map? Any helpful videos you guys have come across? These 2 trophies feel terrible so any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Edit: In addition, can you perform multiple repairs each game and have it count towards the trophy? I’ve seen conflicting information on this.

Edited by Kal2210

I used Jarvis house map for both of these. Parts typically spawn near the respective repair point, but not always. Possible spawn points are pre-set, so it's not entirely random.

If you put fuel and battery/propeller on the same vehicle during the same match, it only counts as a single repair.

8 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I used Jarvis house map for both of these. Parts typically spawn near the respective repair point, but not always. Possible spawn points are pre-set, so it's not entirely random.

If you put fuel and battery/propeller on the same vehicle during the same match, it only counts as a single repair.

Not to add to the whole conflicting information thing, but that bit about a single repair isn't true.  You can make your 99th repair on a battery, and then put fuel in the same car to pop the trophy for 100 repairs.

• Like 2

Just now, IntroPhenom said:

You can make your 99th repair on a battery, and then put fuel in the same car to pop the trophy for 100 repairs.

This definitely wasn't true for me when I played, but they may have made these adjustments since then.

If I completely repaired the car (battery, fuel + keys), it only counted as a single repair.

13 minutes ago, Helyx said:

This definitely wasn't true for me when I played, but they may have made these adjustments since then.

If I completely repaired the car (battery, fuel + keys), it only counted as a single repair.

Perhaps.  Keys never counted as a repair, to my knowledge.  Only fuel and the battery.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

When you say near their respect repair point, do you mean in the closest house or can they spawn anywhere? Thanks for the tips!

2 hours ago, Kal2210 said:

do you mean in the closest house or can they spawn anywhere?

Both.

Boat parts are typically near the boat (in a cabin, etc). The same goes for the car, but any of the parts can randomly spawn in any of the cabins.

• 5 months later...

Boat repairs are the worst. Boats are so rare, I can play for fifteen matches and get like two boats. Plus then you have to hope Jason doesn't find you first, and hope other survivors don't repair or hold onto the parts. Though it is more doable than "I'm On a Boat". 

EDIT: Got 100 boat repairs, now I need the passenger boat riding trophy. 

Edited by AquaNSky

• 1 year later...