Kal2210

Car and Boat Repairs

7 posts in this topic

Any tips for these 2? Do car and boat parts always spawn in the same areas on a map? Any helpful videos you guys have come across? These 2 trophies feel terrible so any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Edit: In addition, can you perform multiple repairs each game and have it count towards the trophy? I’ve seen conflicting information on this.

Edited by Kal2210

I used Jarvis house map for both of these. Parts typically spawn near the respective repair point, but not always. Possible spawn points are pre-set, so it's not entirely random.

If you put fuel and battery/propeller on the same vehicle during the same match, it only counts as a single repair.

8 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I used Jarvis house map for both of these. Parts typically spawn near the respective repair point, but not always. Possible spawn points are pre-set, so it's not entirely random.

If you put fuel and battery/propeller on the same vehicle during the same match, it only counts as a single repair.

Not to add to the whole conflicting information thing, but that bit about a single repair isn't true.  You can make your 99th repair on a battery, and then put fuel in the same car to pop the trophy for 100 repairs.

Just now, IntroPhenom said:

You can make your 99th repair on a battery, and then put fuel in the same car to pop the trophy for 100 repairs.

This definitely wasn't true for me when I played, but they may have made these adjustments since then.

If I completely repaired the car (battery, fuel + keys), it only counted as a single repair.

13 minutes ago, Helyx said:

This definitely wasn't true for me when I played, but they may have made these adjustments since then.

If I completely repaired the car (battery, fuel + keys), it only counted as a single repair.

Perhaps.  Keys never counted as a repair, to my knowledge.  Only fuel and the battery.  

6 hours ago, Helyx said:

When you say near their respect repair point, do you mean in the closest house or can they spawn anywhere? Thanks for the tips!

2 hours ago, Kal2210 said:

do you mean in the closest house or can they spawn anywhere?

Both.

Boat parts are typically near the boat (in a cabin, etc). The same goes for the car, but any of the parts can randomly spawn in any of the cabins.