Anyone else get bad 'phasing lag' when using Ring of Phasing or Phasing Mode?

NeatherBen221

Heyo, I've been working on getting a Coda clear. However, because I get bad 'phasing lag', I can't pick up the Ring of Phasing or use Phasing Mode.

What I mean by phasing lag is that whenever I have phasing in Zone 4, my game begins to lag out due to so many enemies being activated and moving at the same time. My PS4 is getting old (I've had it for 5 years now), so it could be hardware issues on my end.

On regular characters like Cadence and Aria, this isn't a problem because the lag isn't bad enough to make me miss a beat. On double tempo characters like Bolt and especially Coda, the lag is detrimental because it causes me to miss a beat. I don't get lag from anything else.

Not being able to use phasing on Coda doesn't really affect me because I'm pretty good at getting through later zones without phasing. I am wondering though if anyone else has this problem.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SlimSanta94 said:

It's a very common problem for people working on a Coda clear unfortunately. I personally lost a number of runs because of how horrible the lag can be in zone 4 sometimes.

I'm probably better off not using phasing then, because the risk of dying to lag is just not worth it IMO. I've made it to 2-3 multiple times without phasing and only died because of a stupid mistake, so I can probably get a Coda clear or at least make it to Zone 4 by the end of the year. 

The lag is caused by the Harpies when they do their leap. They just lag the game and has nothing to do with how old your ps4 is. Best is just to ignore the lag and keep going. Try to go around the outside of the wall to avoid luring to many enemies. If you still can't deal with it, just kill the harpies from the walls to reduce the lag but this isn't advised since you will take much longer to clear the zone.

Ring of Peace reduces enemy count and lag overall in the zone. Best item in the game for Coda. Always pick it up when DLC is enabled.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Danny_Johansen said:

The lag is caused by the Harpies when they do their leap. They just lag the game and has nothing to do with how old your ps4 is. Best is just to ignore the lag and keep going. Try to go around the outside of the wall to avoid luring to many enemies. If you still can't deal with it, just kill the harpies from the walls to reduce the lag but this isn't advised since you will take much longer to clear the zone.

Ring of Peace reduces enemy count and lag overall in the zone. Best item in the game for Coda. Always pick it up when DLC is enabled.

Thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate it! And I agree that Peace is the best item for Coda, I always pick it up whenever I see it.

22 hours ago, Miles said:

You are probably better off getting a new playstation than trying to clear Coda without Phasing honestly. 

IDK though, like I said in the Necrodancer discord, I've been avoiding phasing due to the lag and I've been doing pretty well. :) (no passive-aggression intended btw)