One of the best games I've ever played

PipeSwinger

I loved it, the mission in the corn field was slightly annoying due to the timing issues etc but yeah looking forward to doing it again (I did it on 360 before I permanently moved back over) Was even even happier when It became free a while back on plus :D I do agree with you pipe, I have heard all the mixed reviews and having played all the games I don't really understand the criticism this game came under really cause it was a stand up game :)

• Like 1

It was my first Hitman game, but I really did like it. The multiple ways you can take out your targets was awesome, and the rogue hitman story was interesting. My only complaint was how the disguise system only let you blend in for a certain amount of time. From the videos of the older Hitman games I watched, you only put on a costume and people don't call you out unless you do something suspicious I believe. But in Absolution just about everyone can point you out. I guess they were trying to be more realistic with it, since if you disguised yourself as a cop in real life and walked around a police station someone might point you out. I'm not going to test that theory though.

It became more of a problem on the Harder difficulties where I just wound up sticking with the suit most of the time. I even got spotted across the map a couple times. It was weird. Overall though I did like the game and it was a good first Hitman experience.

It is actually the crappiest game I've played this year. Completely bad story, bad levels, really unjustified design choices like the disguises not workimg with the people from the same profession. Again, Agent 47 feels useless, checkpoits reset enemies and challenges. If you decide to go Rambo you most likely will lose, the whole challenge aspect makes me go out of my way to accomplish them, to the point I feel crippled and can´t play without a guide. I mean, it is a case of a typical uninspired game. Hope the future games live to the standard of the PS2 era ones, which I didn't like, but were top notch...

• 1 month later...

I completely agree, Hitman: Absolution is a great game. I don't know why people complain about the disguises, everything ran smoothly for me. I guess lots of people don't know how to use instinct (the yellow bar if I remember correctly). Plus this disquise system makes it a little more realistic than in the previous ones. Hitman games always had a simple storyline in my opinion, so in this respect Absolution actually had a decent story. I think most people like Blood Money more because of nostalgia and maybe also because it was the easiest one in the whole franchise. Absolution definitely is my favourite Hitman game. Especially because some parts of the game kinda felt rodriguez/tarantinesque.

• Like 1

I loved it aswell the story was really good and they made each villain/victim hateable enough to make you want to kill them in the worst ways possible.

I thought the checkpoint system was crap though since it brought everyone back to life and I thought the new disguise system would have worked better if they started to suspect you after the suspicion has been raised instead of all the time or they could have given more hiding places like simply leaning against a wall if you're a guard for example.

• 6 months later...

yes the checkpoint system was not the best choice and its been strange being noticed even if you were a mask BUT beside that, this game was bloody fantastic! i loved the levels with all those beautiful little things in it, i loved the story, i loved the freedom, i loved the graphics and even the soundtrack was good. i never ever will understand what people hate about it. been playing all hitman games since silent assassin and hands down on absolution baby, one of my favorite ps3 games ever. 10/10.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Can someone who has the game and has created a contract please add me on PSN? I need to get the Partners in Crime Trophy. It's the only one keeping me from the Plat...

ID - Splathew

Thanks...

Edit: Got it thanks.

Edited by Splathew

• 5 months later...

I beat it Wednesday. I loved it, considering I have played Blood Money wayy back in the day on PS2 plus I love stealth games in general. I'm currently playing on Expert and will get the HD trilogy soon. Purist is insane tho, and I've beaten plenty games on the hardest mode.

• 1 month later...

really unjustified design choices like the disguises not workimg with the people from the same profession.

This is nothing new, just look at Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, enemies in the same uniform can spot you from a mile away. You have to hug walls the entire time to make it work. All in all, Absolution is a fun game with a bad plot, and I personally dislike the instinct system and removal of the mini map. Soundtrack was weak as well, Schubert's Ave Maria shouldn't have been reused. The absence of Jesper Kyd is noticeable.

I have no idea how you got to the opinion that 47 feels "useless" in Absolution. The controls are well structured and revisions to the combat system make a huge difference compared to earlier games where you basically just stood soaking bullets while firing wildly at every guard that swarmed to your position - this is the first game I've played in the franchise where 47 actually feels competent and resourceful in battle. Making the disguise system more realistic is not "unjustified"; maybe poorly implemented, but it's a step-up from having everyone around just blindly accept a new colleague running around.

The challenges are a nice addition that bolster replayability, and all aren't required to get the Gold trophy so I don't understand the complaint. If you don't want to go out of your way to uncover everything, just don't! Your claim that checkpoints reset challenges is also completely false as I've made runs for the Evidence and then restarted the checkpoint to have it register in the challenges log.

To be clear, I don't like Absolution and think it's the weakest entry in the series due to the abysmal story and poor level design, but condemning the game in its entirety and ignoring the aspects where it improved itself just amounts to baseless whining.

OMG I never found out about this response, hope a year and a half is not too late. I mean he is really not resourceful in combat, maybe because the game is designed to be completed stealthily as multiple playstiles are just a checkmark on the back of the box. I have not once been able to kill enemies in a quick succession from up close if alerted... The challenges, apart from the evidence do not stack. I had times I was killing some enemies by dropping them off a cliff or something. I get spotted, I restart and the count went back to zero, but that is not a complaint, it is merely a design choice. And the disguise system is in no way designed to be realistic. I can't dress as a cop and hope to walk to a bank and enter the vault unnoticed IRL. It should be a nice feature that gets you out of trouble easily, not a crappy one where you have to use insctinct (i.e. lowering your head ffs) so others don't see you. Also everything I remember about the game is, as I said, uninspiring, boring even. It improved the A.I. neater graphics, more features IDK, but that's what comes from a PS3 game compared to a PS2, but to be honest I've seen PS1 games with more spirit than this excuse for a videogame.

This game is in my backlog, like the rest of the Hitman series games, save for Codename 47 which I really liked. I'm 100% sure I'm going to enjoy this game as soon as I start to play it. By the way, some of you may already know, but for the ones who don't, there is a new Hitman game coming out this year digitally, thought, it will be released physically next year.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am playing through the game right now. it's amazing how much freedom you have. 10/10 in every aspect. The only thing I think they should add for the next game is a character creator for the contracts mode and agent 47 can be like a perk that you can use if you perform really well and he would be totally OP for that one contract you are doing :D I think that would be really cool and it would work well in the world. I mean it is an agency, there are many more agents aside from 47. Just look at the saints :D

• 6 months later...