Will platinum auto pop from PS4?

HMSilky

10 minutes ago, Sanevin said:

Saves don't transfer from PS4 to PS5, so probably not.

Incorrect.

If this were true, we wouldn'tve been able to import the PS4 save data from Spider-Man PS4 to Spider-Man PS5.

That said, it's all dependent on whether or not the title allows for PS4 save data importing.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DeathlessVoid said:

Incorrect.

If this were true, we wouldn'tve been able to import the PS4 save data from Spider-Man PS4 to Spider-Man PS5.

That said, it's all dependent on whether or not the title allows for PS4 save data importing.

Saves don't transfer from the PS4 version to the PS5 version. Any save of 7 currently on your PS5 after the patch comes out to turn it to the PS5 version will only work on a PS4 meaning you'd have to upload the save to the cloud and download it from the cloud to your PS4 to keep the progress you made on your PS5. Right now it treats the PS4 copy in your PS5 as a PS4 copy being played on a PS4 Pro but once the patch comes out it turns into a PS5 version meaning a new trophy list and a new save file.

https://www.vg247.com/2020/09/29/yakuza-like-dragon-save-files/

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/09/29/yakuza-like-a-dragon-wont-offer-save-transfers-from-ps4-to-ps5

Edited by soliunasm
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, soliunasm said:

Saves don't transfer from the PS4 version to the PS5 version. Any save of 7 currently on your PS5 after the patch comes out to turn it to the PS5 version will only work on a PS4 meaning you'd have to upload the save to the cloud and download it from the cloud to your PS4 to keep the progress you made on your PS5. Right now it treats the PS4 copy in your PS5 as a PS4 copy being played on a PS4 Pro but once the patch comes out it turns into a PS5 version meaning a new trophy list and a new save file.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2020/09/29/yakuza-like-a-dragon-wont-offer-save-transfers-from-ps4-to-ps5

Proper PS5 upgrades are not patches so nothing would happen to the PS4 version installed on a PS5 and you can keep playing the PS4 version on it even if you install the PS5 version.  The only games that get PS5 "upgrades" with a patch are games like God of War that just get lazy framerate and/or resolution caps raised instead of things like extra visual enhancements, full PS5 SSD capabilities or DualSense support but those are still just PS4 backwards compatible games hence the lack of PS5 trophy lists.

But yes this game doesn't support cross save so no trophies won't auto-pop.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hayabusa85 said:

Proper PS5 upgrades are not patches so nothing would happen to the PS4 version installed on a PS5 and you can keep playing the PS4 version on it even if you install the PS5 version.  The only games that get PS5 "upgrades" with a patch are games like God of War that just get lazy framerate and/or resolution caps raised instead of things like extra visual enhancements, full PS5 SSD capabilities or DualSense support but those are still just PS4 backwards compatible games hence the lack of PS5 trophy lists.

Final Millenium Tower... Here I go again

11 minutes ago, Hayabusa85 said:

The way the update to 7 is made to sound is that it's a downloaded patch that turns into a PS5 copy, not a separate version you download. I'm happy to be wrong though as that saves steps for people who are still working on their PS4 save.

Edited by soliunasm

2 hours ago, DeathlessVoid said:

Incorrect.

He meant that the devs said that Yakuza 7's save file doesn't transfer not that no PS5 game allows you to carry your PS4 save over. So in this case you likely won't get an auto pop Plat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercenary09 said:

He meant that the devs said that Yakuza 7's save file doesn't transfer not that no PS5 game allows you to carry your PS4 save over. So in this case you likely won't get an auto pop Plat.

That's not what he said. It's what you're inferring/assuming that he meant. Just like what I inferred from his statement was that they don't transfer, period.

I did explicitly state it is game-dependent. Many of the PS4 -> PS5 titles that've come out so far have offered cross-saves. YLAD seems to be one of the first that do not.

3 hours ago, soliunasm said:

This is also incorrect. There will be a stand-alone PS5 copy. It's not going "to be patched" into a PS5 game.

Sackboy, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Watch Dogs Legions, Maneater... all have separate PS5 downloads. This will be the same.

4 hours ago, DeathlessVoid said:

YLAD seems to be one of the first that do not.

Well, other than Dirt 5, Concept Destruction, WRC 9, Undead Horde, Planet Coaster, Maneater, King Oddball, Bugsnax, Mortal Kombat (some modes), Jydge, Bridge Constructor TWD, Freddy Spaghetti, Sparkle Unleashed, Override 2, MXGP, Hitman 3, Ride 4, Atelier Ryza 2, The Pedestrian, Control, Werewolf: The Apocalypse, Ultra Goodness 2, Anodyne 2, Death Tales, Thunderflash, Mighty Fight Federation...

So yeah, other than those 26 (I also missed a few), Yakuza is one of the first...

If you only count the big AAA games then yeah, maybe. But not when you step back and look at all the free upgrades and cross-buy titles. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

Is Yakuza 7 a difficult Platinum?

No just very very grindy (20+ hours) to level up for the last dungeon. Thats after 80ish of beating the game and finishing the side quests

Edited by ZeromusF4

3 hours ago, ZeromusF4 said:

No just very very grindy (20+ hours) to level up for the last dungeon. Thats after 80ish of beating the game and finishing the side quests

That's a yes in my book. Skill is just one way to determine difficulty.

Still might go for the plat tho, will have to see how I feel after I beat it.

On 3/2/2021 at 8:40 AM, Cryogenicide_X said:

Is Yakuza 7 a difficult Platinum?

As in skill wise, no. If you grind to lvl up before the final tower there isn't anything difficult about it. The time factor involved is fairly substantial though. I'm currently grinding out the final bond trophy on P5 Strikers which feels worse then the Like a dragon grind. I'll replay Like a Dragon again once I'm done since I enjoyed the game so much.

Also if you look at powerpyx's guide for the grinding at "endgame" it speeds the process up. I'm assuming the Playstation 5 version is the same for trophy requirements.

Edited by Wargazsem

On 3/2/2021 at 3:32 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

That's a yes in my book. Skill is just one way to determine difficulty.

Still might go for the plat tho, will have to see how I feel after I beat it.

I feel like the grind on Strikers is worse, your thoughts? It could honestly be its been awhile since I got the platinum for Like a Dragon.

10 hours ago, Wargazsem said:

I feel like the grind on Strikers is worse, your thoughts? It could honestly be its been awhile since I got the platinum for Like a Dragon.

The grind is definitely not fun, as it's about 10 hours of mindlessly grinding a single fight over and over, post game. I finished the game doing everything in around 35 hours and a total of about 45 after finishing off the BOND points grind.

So if those numbers itt are accurate for Yakuza (80h for the game and 20h grinding- and apparently millennium tower is still kinda hard after that from some things I've read?), then Like a Dragon is def gonna be a harder plat than Strikers I'd say.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS

I’ve platinumed LAD and P5S, and LAD is so much longer and harder.

P5S was about 10 extra hours and part of that was replaying the game in NG+ on merciless to get to the better grind part. The grind for the true final millennium tower was 20-30 hours and it was even more mindless. And even after all that the TFMT was still hard as balls.

Maybe in a year or two I’ll get the itch to redo LAD, but having just finished the platinum in January it’s far too early to do that grind all over again.