Have you ever experienced trophy burnout and what caused it?

Sylvanticore

I ended up with burn out after reaching my 100th Platinum goal at the end of 2020. Happy I met the goal but now only play games I know I will enjoy playing.

Still love trophies of course but they are no longer my main goal when I play. 

I agree with the others who said to take a break away from the hunting or break it into smaller sessions. I found setting smaller goals helped alot to deal with the obsessive/addictive loop you can get caught in when playing some of those bigger games.

Hope that helps & gaming becomes fun again for you.

Edited by sunnydaleAlumni
  • Like 4

Can definitely relate to this. Grinding out daily trophies, raising percentages and stacking plats is a unique high for sure. It's just way too easy to get wrapped up in it! The last two games I plattened I realized I was just kinda going through the motions and I wasn't fully enjoying myself, and there was a point where I was like "wait... this is supposed to be fun."

After a bit of spring cleaning in the backlog I'ma take a break myself!

• Like 1

Thank you everyone who has posted so far, since making my original post I've been feeling a little bit more lively and went back to getting those trophies that bothered me while I have the energy but once that has happened I plan on taking a small break from trophy hunting like crazy and just relax for a week or so.

Was interesting to see what games caused people to burn out.

Edited by Sylvanticore
  • Like 3