Aliens: Fireteam Elite (August 24, 2021)

19 minutes ago, RedDevil757 said:

Alien Isolation was amazing! I want a sequel to that :(

Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. The devs want to make a sequel but Sega won't let them, because the game tanked and barely sold more than Colonial Marines did, despite good reviews and positive feedback from fans :(.

This is pretty much right up my street when it comes to games.

Left 4 Dead PvE style gameplay? Check.
Set in a franchise that I like? Check.
Not an out-and-out horror game, as despite the good things I've heard about Isolation, I'm too much of a wuss to play it? Check.
Something I can quote endlessly whilst playing with friends to make them regret their choice? Check.

Bit surprised this is not 4 player but it's nowhere near a deal breaker. This might just be the Aliens game that Colonial Marines should have been.

• Like 1

It's funny this announcement happened not even a week after I watched Aliens for the first time. ?

After enjoying the hell out of Alien: Isolation, I'm glad to see more games set in this franchise. It looks right up my alley too with it's co-op Left 4 Dead style gameplay. Really looking forward to this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Love the franchise, love the movies, love the Isolation game, MP not so much, but will keep my eye on it.

I second that.

14 hours ago, Charizarzar said:

Which reminds me... I still need to play Alien: Isolation....

Do It Motivation GIF by GQ - Find & Share on GIPHY

Dude I triple that! Best alien game to this date by far!

• Like 3

On 2.3.2021 at 10:47 PM, AgentSmiz said:

Bit surprised this is not 4 player but it's nowhere near a deal breaker. This might just be the Aliens game that Colonial Marines should have been.

Where did you get that info from? Couldnt find anything related to number of players in COOP.

Edited by Mori
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mcnichoj said:

But you can't even pick to play as a Predator nor does it have beautiful Capcom pixel artwork or crazy Xeno's that turn in to a ball and roll at you.

I got your joke and so but... dude, I wrote best ALIEN game, not predator game.

Edited by Solid-Fisch

2 hours ago, Mori said:

Where did you get that info from? Couldnt find anything related to number of players in COOP.

IGN article mentions it being three player co-op https://www.ign.com/articles/aliens-fireteam-announced-for-pc-playstation-and-xbox

For a horrible second, I thought I'd mistook the "third person" as being the amount of players but no, it's 3 player and third person.

• Like 1

Seems alright, for an alpha build, and looks more akin to World War Z than Left for Dead. Although, I do expect more in the final build, as what's shown from the two videos isn't enough (for me). Not expecting it to surpass WWZ (especially after all its post-launch support), but I do hope for it to at least be really close to its base game.

Also liking the three player coop concept for two main reasons: it'll make the entire experience more intense (making the Alien enemies feel more threatening and giving the environments and levels more breathing room); and as fun as it is four player coop is an overused system. Four players would be better for an environmentally more open game. 

Edited by EcoShifter

OxNWBVz.jpg

Aliens: Fireteam - Meet 6 New Xenomorph Types – IGN First

We're spotlighting six of the new Xenomorph alien types you'll run into in Fireteam in the gallery below. Say hello to the Runner, Drone, Praetorian, Prowler, Burster, and Spitter.

https://www.ign.com/articles/aliens-fireteam-meet-6-new-xenomorph-types-ign-first

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Alien: Isolation is the only Horror game I could not play in the dark. I wish it would get a sequel rather than another Alien-skinned shooter.

Gotta agree with you there. Alien isolation is a one of a kind horror experience (at least for me) Still holding out they make sequel sometime down the line