Aliens: Fireteam Elite (August 24, 2021)

On 09/03/2021 at 9:59 PM, Rally-Vincent--- said:

Alien: Isolation is the only Horror game I could not play in the dark. I wish it would get a sequel rather than another Alien-skinned shooter.

Unfortunately, it seems that games based on Alien (The awesome, thoughtful, Ridley Scott horror movie) are likely to be few and far between.

Games based on Aliens (The shitty James Cameron cocaine-bender shoot-em-up,) however, seem destined to be woefully abundant. 

15 minutes ago, craig_obviously said:

it's easier to find two people to play than 3

I have a dedicated 4-man murder squad. You're gonna have to explain to the odd man out why he can't be a part of the group. Good luck.

• Like 2

Aliens: Fireteam - The First Hands-On - IGN First

So IGN gives us this immensely underwhelming five minute video that almost, if not, entirely reiterates the old information that has already been shared in their prior Aliens videos. They've already gone over a week without a new upload, and then when they finally submit one it's recapped based. Lazy and a waste of time. 

Edited by EcoShifter

2 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Unfortunately, it seems that games based on Alien (The awesome, thoughtful, Ridley Scott horror movie) are likely to be few and far between.

Games based on Aliens (The shitty James Cameron cocaine-bender shoot-em-up,) however, seem destined to be woefully abundant. 

I like both movies, both have something, but I would want to play only one of them as a game. I'd take a tactical turn based combat Aliens game, though, too.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

After seeing the 25 minutes of gameplay that IGN posted, this game looks like it should be a 'Free to play' game, it looks so average, quite boring.and bland with the Aliens not being scary and just dumb. I'm currently playing Isolation and that seems like a true alien game with passion involved taking inspiration from the films, this just looks like a lack luster shooter game with Aliens in, kind of like an updated version of Colonial Marines on PS3

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Should have saw one of those "what comes in what" charts happening from a mile away.

Looks like it's a uniform $40 and $70 for each respective edition across all platforms. I'm guessing season pass will be $20 stand alone so that means the deluxe players are paying an extra $10 for overpriced 'exclusive' cosmetic garbage.

43 minutes ago, Helyx said:

I was really excited for this until I saw FOUR SEASON PASSES. Won't have to worry with this title after all.

It's one season pass that will grant four DLC packs. They just have it written out weird. They probably plan to drop a new DLC every 3-4 months when it would be a new season IRL.

Edited by mcnichoj

. . . The season passes (and of course the deluxe edition) only contain cosmetic content, so this actually is not a problem. The Endeavor Pass even brings all four season passes, which separately seem to go for $5 a piece. Literally nothing to worry about here.

The Endeavor Pass will contain four cosmetic DLC bundles -- including class kit skins, weapon colors, head accessories and more -- that will be released alongside free major gameplay updates!

They're even planning free major updates, just like Ghost of Tsushima: Legends and recent Call of Duty games.

1 hour ago, mcnichoj said:

Should have saw one of those "what comes in what" charts happening from a mile away.

Looks like it's a uniform $40 and $70 for each respective edition across all platforms. I'm guessing season pass will be $20 stand alone so that means the deluxe players are paying an extra $10 for overpriced 'exclusive' cosmetic garbage.

It's been stated that the EP contents will be released later, and there's no indication that it will arrive late for people buying it standalone (nor that it'll be more expensive separately).

Edited by EcoShifter

3 hours ago, EcoShifter said:

It's been stated that the EP contents will be released later, and there's no indication that it will arrive late for people buying it standalone (nor that it'll be more expensive separately).

I never said anything about anyone getting anything late. I was predicting when the pass stuff was going to drop which we've seen hundreds of passes so unless a batch of content gets delayed for whatever reason, my timeline is pretty good. We'll get new content over the span of the whole year after release.

When I was referring to as extra was the Veteran Pack exclusive to the DE bundle of the game. Again another staple for the industry where devs load in a few cosmetics if you cough up an extra $10+ over if someone bought the base game and pass. While they didn't have season passes, we did just see this practice with the two last major PS5 releases; Returnal and Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart.

• 3 weeks later...