Im a idiot (help needed if possible)

dannyswfc9

Hi.

I recently bought a psn voucher from a local supermarket. It was one where you scratch it to reveal tge code. I then typed it in and clicked ok when it confirmed how much. It then took a while to load (which it as done before), in the meantime i turned around and shreaded the card (yes i am a idiot). I then turned back around to find out it said error which it as never done before.

I think i know the answer but is there any way this code will be saved anywhere or with sony somewhere lol. Yes i know im clutching at straws.

Any help would be appreciated

13 minutes ago, dannyswfc9 said:

Thank you for quick reply. Its bothering me more why it errored. I keep getting dodgy friend requests as well which alot of people are at the minute

Are you good at puzzles? If it was one of those 100 gift cards I'd be trying to piece that thing together!!! But yeah, most likely out of luck... 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, johnclark12 said:

Are you good at puzzles? If it was one of those 100 gift cards I'd be trying to piece that thing together!!! But yeah, most likely out of luck... 

Lol i spent half hour trying to find the bits. Times are tough

3 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

That could well be due to the PSN issues that have been going on over the last few days. The PS3 store is currently giving me errors when I try and buy things (but the PS4 one seems fine)

It restarted my ps4 just before i typed the code in when i changed controller. Its been playing up a bit today

7 minutes ago, Dwightsarmy14 said:

Do you have the receipt still? It should have some verification code or proof of activation. If you still have it I would try calling Sony support to see if they can issue a new code but idk

This.

If you have the transaction details, it may be worth your while to reach out to Customer Service. My wife was gifted an Indigo gift card for Christmas, and she scratched off half of the code accidentally. She called and they credited the value to her account within a few minutes. This was just a couple of weeks ago. Luckily, the gifter attached that little activation verification slip to the gift card, so she was able to relay the transaction details. I know it's a different company my wife dealt with, so I can't be sure it would be the same outcome. But if they can verify activation details via a receipt/transaction ID, you may be ok.

You only have something to gain (well, not really gain. Save, maybe?) at this point, so at least try to reach out. Although, if you shredded the card before it even added to your wallet, it's probably a safe assumption you no longer have the receipt. If so, best case is a cross-reference to a debit/credit card transaction. Unless you paid cash, in which case, you're probably up a creek.

• Like 2