Ghosts Opinions

ProGamerX56

So what do you guys think. Is it worth a buy. Please don't give opinions based on MP only, as I may not even play it. I have always been in COD for solo and Spec Ops/zombies. Looks good, but metacritic user scores are horrendous. Granted, it's 8 year old Battlefield fanboys that only play MP. Please post a score out of 10.

Thanks!

You should check this thread out.  B)

https://psnprofiles.com/forums/topic/10367-call-of-duty-ghosts-general-discussion/

I'm not one to give number scores to game because fun doesn't translate to a number and it almost always turns into people saying "no, it really should've been a 9 or 10, 8 is way too low." But as far as my opinions on the game, I'm glad I didn't purchase it. Don't get me wrong, I had a lot of fun playing through the campaign but a quick look at my trophies show my first campaign trophy was earned on Nov. 6th at 3:02 AM and the trophy for beating the game was unlocked on Nov 6th at 7:47 AM. I had the game freeze on me twice, one time resulting in me having to replay an entire level so on Regular difficulty you can expect the single player campaign to last about 4-5 hours, which is insanely short. As I said, the campaign was very fun and much better than the Blops games, in my opinion, but if you're in it for the singleplayer give it a rent like I did. 

The multiplayer is a different story. When I first started playing it I wasn't a fan at all. I felt like I was dying way too fast (which is still the case) and I just couldn't get into the groove of the game. Once I started unlocking weapons I wanted (via squad points, no more leveling required) the game started getting more fun but I think the map design still holds it back. There doesn't seem to be any flow to the maps, people just wander aimlessly and generally happen to just find people with their backs turned and end up being able to kill them. As always, if I had a group of buddies to play and talk with I'm sure it would be a lot more fun but as it stands I don't think the multiplayer is as good as previous offerings. It is much better than Modern Warfare 3, again my opinion, but the first two Modern Warfares and both Blops were more fun to me. 

I can't talk about Extinction mode or anything else as I didn't play it. Hope I helped a little bit. If you have any Redboxes around you I really suggest you rent it and see if you like it. I may pick the game up for the PS4 because like I said, it is still very fun but I don't know if it warrants a full $60 purchase. 

Parker

• Like 2

I'll go with parkers approach and give my feelings about each section.

Story as parker said felt quite short, I went through it on veteran the first time in 4-5 hours. It had an interesting storyline and their where different levels with different mechanics and felt different then the other one's (I don't want to spoil anything), but it was at least fun. 

Multiplayer is very... different to the others playing aggressively will probly get you killed more often than not and you do die quite fast. The maps are usually bigger than previous ones with openings and multiple levels everywhere so people tend to play more passive aggressive now and assault rifles dominate. The new lean feature is fun to play around with I've gotten the drop on a few people with this new mechanic in cod. Leveling takes forever and ever it feels like (black ops 2 took me about an hour to get to level 20 on ghosts took about 5 hours i'd say. Side note spawns it feels like to me as I've mostly played team death match are very very terrible people spawn all over the place and behind you constanly, I do not know if it is like that in the objective game modes but tdm spawns are terrible some maps should not have this problem but yet they still persist.  

Extinction I feel like people expected it to be like zombies but it's not it's like survival mode from mw3 mixed with objectives and gets pretty chaotic at times. My brother and I love it but two of my really good friends I know in person and I quote said  they didn't really care for it and "it's not what they  expected it to be" so I feel they wanted it to be like zombies but again I loved it.

All in all i'd give it a 8/10 story being alright, multiplayer fun/different and extinction fun as hell since it requires a bit of strategy/teamwork/communication

• Like 1

I agree with most of Parker and Platinum This assessment.

I'm an average FPS person who has the hardened editions of COD MW3, COD Black Ops II, and of COD Ghosts.

This weekend is Double XP weekend for Ghosts...I've been awake 3 hours...yet I've been grinding on Saints Row The Third. Hmmm... so yeah, Ghosts is ok but rent it first.

I agree with most of Parker and Platinum This assessment.

I'm an average FPS person who has the hardened editions of COD MW3, COD Black Ops II, and of COD Ghosts.

This weekend is Double XP weekend for Ghosts...I've been awake 3 hours...yet I've been grinding on Saints Row The Third. Hmmm... so yeah, Ghosts is ok but rent it first.

I don't really rent because I'm worried about the fact that rental games are used copies, I never like pre-owned games because I never know it's gonna work or be in good quality.

I don't really rent because I'm worried about the fact that rental games are used copies, I never like pre-owned games because I never know it's gonna work or be in good quality.

PS3 Blu-Ray discs are very durable, you should have no problem renting one if you'd like to spend the $2 at Redbox to see if you'd like it before you drop $60. 

Parker

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like Infinity Ward always does well with the campaign, so this is probably 2nd best in campaign, loved going back and playing as Ellias in "Legends Don't Die." MW3 was the best campaign, beat it in 1 day.

Multiplayer maps are getting kind of bigger, which is why I never played Battlefield as much. The maps were just too big and my monitor wasn't big enough to see everything that was going on. It's mostly the same, but still has hackers, but not as bad as MW.

Extinction is somewhat annoying what with it's trophies (all challenges AND escape really?) and whenever you lose it brings you back to the beginnning. Also, it takes the chopper about 7 minutes to destroy one hive when it takes a drill 3 minutes. Come on now. I liked zombies better.

All in all, if you liked COD, you'll love the game. It's worth the $60, but Extinction was kind of an afterthought. I wasn't so psyched up about playing this like other COD games, but it's good nonetheless. I give it a 7/10.  :blah:

• 1 year later...

The veteran campaign was almost a perfect run for me. This campaign is the easiest COD that I've played so far. Unlike other COD's there's not a single unreachable checkpoint (like those brutal World At War moments, remember?) That didn't happen at all in this game, which made the game a bit boring in some way.

But this game just looks so good. The underwater levels and space levels are awesome! I played through the campaign a view more times, just for fun   B)

Campaign was average, story was average, difficulty was easy. I enjoyed Spec Ops The line much more regarding campaign when it comes to difficulty/story

HOWEVER,

I enjoyed the Extinction mode ALOT to the point I have a 100% in both PS3 and PS4. And I still play Extinction mode when I want to enjoy a 45 min break from other games or day routine. BTW, I play single in extinction, not online due to the amount of noobs.