Rating Trophy Difficulty

FijiMan24

For those of you who have achieved the platinum/are on the road to achieving platinum, what would you rate the difficulty out of 10? I thought the no-fall Ghost of the Babe run would place it at 10/10 difficulty, but I'm not so sure now. The game is easily exploitable through save scumming (reverting back to a previous save file after you miss a jump), which seemingly allows players to bypass learning the game's mechanics entirely. Did you save scum when gunning for the plat? What would you rate the difficulty of plat'ing Jump King using this method?

• Like 1

I have played this game and I can safely say obtaining the plat legit is def a 10/10 . 

And about the save scum thing, If you look at the hollow knight guide you could do like it and keep it as a 10/10 but mention in the guide that there is an exploit one can use.

Edit: I see you have already done that in the guide so its all good in my opinion.

Edited by cattpro
  • Like 2

I got this platinum legitimately and it definitely can get pretty frustrating and hard. That being said, I never spent more than 13 hours working on a single achievement (like snake ring Ghost of the Babe, for instance). I would give the game's platinum a solid 8/10 difficulty. It is definitely tough, but once you know what to do and have a good feel for the controls it's not all that bad. The learning curve across all 3 maps is the only hard stuff. In terms of save-scumming, it would undoubtedly make this an easy platinum. I imagine that save-scumming would make the game about a 2/10 or 3/10. Not a 1/10 because it would still take time and a ton of patience to make a jump, save, and trial-and-error the next jump, resetting the game after every fall. But doing this platinum legitimately is definitely very tough.

• Like 2

• 3 years later...

So Far so good im on a good way RN i think. Got around 10H and have allready most thinks with NG.
The Dont Fall will be hard if no save Scum is used, The Speedrun is pretty fair imho if you can get the first half of the game pretty fluent you really have room for mistakes later on.

But i think the Learning curve is pretty straight forward to figure out how the mechanics work to get it precise.

Overall until now i would rate it a solid 8 but we will see, the most difficult parts are still upcoming for me, if dlc's are really much harder

Legit? Probably close to an 8 or 9. It will take some practice to get consistent enough not to slip up, though after you get a feel for the harder jumps it isn't too absurd and the easier jumps will just feel so routine by the time you've cleared the areas for the first time.

With save scum? I don't know, probably like a 5 if you want to do so in a reasonable timeframe or don't want to be closing the game every other jump lol but ultimately with save scum you could theoretically save after every jump and therefore maybe one could argue that borderline makes it 1/10 if you're willing to bruteforce savescum it all xD. It would probably be painful to do it like that though... but, totally an option that's available.

• Like 1