Maquette Trophy Guide

TheDblTap

1 hour ago, robgilb91 said:

With guides got the plat within 3hours 38mins did play my first run blind though. 

Congrats! Smashed my time!

55 minutes ago, BatCarlitos310 said:

Should I worry about something? Im downloading it as I text ? btw Ill for sure see your vids ?

Only what I mentioned at the top, there's a few warnings in phase one of the guide, too. For example, due to the lack of a chapter select, you'll probably want to keep your trophy journey down to two playthroughs (blind run, speed run) if you can. So try and get all 4 missable trophies in your first run, otherwise, you'll need a third partial playthrough.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheDblTap said:

The only trouble I ran into was the speedrun on Gateways. The cyan gem tends to glitch out pretty badly which causes a lot of lost time so it took me a few attempts. 

I had to restart this so many times because of the cyan gem!!!

Hey @TheDblTap Thanks for the guide! Its helping me find the extras and remind myself of the puzzles for the speedruns (did my first run completely blind). One note for "Crew Creatures": you dont need the darn (I know we all hate it) cyan gem. There is a mouse sized crack in the while you can go through. Just thought Id let ya know :)

Edited by IvadNagrom

15 minutes ago, IvadNagrom said:

Hey @TheDblTap Thanks for the guide! Its helping me find the extras and remind myself of the puzzles for the speedruns (did my first run completely blind). One note for "Crew Creatures": you dont need the darn (I know we all hate it) cyan gem. There is a mouse sized crack in the while you can go through. Just thought Id let ya know :)

Oh wow, that's pretty big!

I'll be sure to add an update to the guide. 

It's funny because I know exactly what crack you're talking about because I saw it and chose to ignore it, haha. 

Thanks for the heads up! :)

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, TheDblTap said:

Oh wow, that's pretty big!

I'll be sure to add an update to the guide. 

It's funny because I know exactly what crack you're talking about because I saw it and chose to ignore it, haha. 

Thanks for the heads up! :)

For sure! I also don't know if it's worth noting/testing, but on that stage, when you grab the cyan through the latticework, I found making a quick run back into the building where you just picked it up from resets its functionality consistently. It bugged out SOO much if I just kept moving with it.

3 hours ago, IvadNagrom said:

For sure! I also don't know if it's worth noting/testing, but on that stage, when you grab the cyan through the latticework, I found making a quick run back into the building where you just picked it up from resets its functionality consistently. It bugged out SOO much if I just kept moving with it.

Yeah, from what I could tell in my playthrough, if you return the gem to the last barrier it passed through and then open/close that barrier a second time it starts working again.

3 hours ago, IvadNagrom said:

This got me stuck over a wall in my blind playthrough last night, I ended up restarting the chapter.

On 03/03/2021 at 0:19 PM, TheDblTap said:

This is a nice quick and easy platinum, quite a treat alongside Final Fantasy VIIR in our PS Plus baskets this month!

I started it this morning and had the platinum in just under 5 hours. 

The only trouble I ran into was the speedrun on Gateways. The cyan gem tends to glitch out pretty badly which causes a lot of lost time so it took me a few attempts. 

I recommend you make a manual save at the start of every chapter you attempt to speed run because if you don't get the trophy you'll have to restart the game, there's no Chapter Select. 

You can find my full Trophy Guide here: https://platget.com/guides/maquette-trophy-guide/

It includes video guides for the 4 missable trophies as well as the 7 speed run trophies. 

Best of luck! Have a good week :)

Does pausing void the speedruns or do the timers still go on when paused?

1 minute ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Does pausing void the speedruns or do the timers still go on when paused?

From what I can tell from my own playthroughs, it does appear as though pausing the game does not pause the timer. Which seems a bit cruel. 

I can't confirm it for sure, but there were a few times where I felt like I should have got the trophy but had the game paused for a little while. 

Additionally, letting cutscenes play will definitely eat into your time, so make sure you're holding :circle: whenever one plays to skip it. 

9 minutes ago, TheDblTap said:

From what I can tell from my own playthroughs, it does appear as though pausing the game does not pause the timer. Which seems a bit cruel. 

I can't confirm it for sure, but there were a few times where I felt like I should have got the trophy but had the game paused for a little while. 

Additionally, letting cutscenes play will definitely eat into your time, so make sure you're holding :circle: whenever one plays to skip it. 

Ah ok thanks, not too fond of puzzle games so if the timer doesn't stop when pausing to look at the guides i'll have to give it a miss.

4 hours ago, TheDblTap said:

Actually I can confirm that pausing the game does in fact pause the timer. I just got the platinum following your guide while pausing a lot, and had no issues. You can even make a save in the middle of a chapter if you're confident you have had an optimal run to that point, reload if you mess up later, and still get the speedrun trophies. I did it several times and it makes it really easy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TheDblTap said:

On the contrary, pausing the games DOES pause the timer. I tested this in The Gardens yesterday, paused for about a minute or so and the speedrun trophy still popped. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

On the contrary, pausing the games DOES pause the timer. I tested this in The Gardens yesterday, paused for about a minute or so and the speedrun trophy still popped. 

42 minutes ago, SqueakzMcGee said:

Actually I can confirm that pausing the game does in fact pause the timer. I just got the platinum following your guide while pausing a lot, and had no issues. You can even make a save in the middle of a chapter if you're confident you have had an optimal run to that point, reload if you mess up later, and still get the speedrun trophies. I did it several times and it makes it really easy.

Ahh, okay. 

I just had a friend test it for me, he paused the game for three full minutes and then ran the gardens in a single run after watching my playthrough of it multiple times to be sure he did it fast enough. 

After reading your comments, as he still didn't have the trophy I had him do it again with timers. He paused the game for three minutes exactly, then started moving. 

He then reached the end of the stage in 2 minutes and 40 seconds, but the trophy did not unlock. 

My theory is that you can't earn speed run trophies without beating the game first. Can you both confirm that you beat the game before earning any? 

4 minutes ago, TheDblTap said:

Ahh, okay. 

I just had a friend test it for me, he paused the game for three full minutes and then ran the gardens in a single run after watching my playthrough of it multiple times to be sure he did it fast enough. 

After reading your comments, as he still didn't have the trophy I had him do it again with timers. He paused the game for three minutes exactly, then started moving. 

He then reached the end of the stage in 2 minutes and 40 seconds, but the trophy did not unlock. 

My theory is that you can't earn speed run trophies without beating the game first. Can you both confirm that you beat the game before earning any? 

Huh. I did beat the game first, so your theory makes sense. A bit odd that's the case though.

Just now, SqueakzMcGee said:

Huh. I did beat the game first, so your theory makes sense. A bit odd that's the case though.

Actually, he just tried it again but without pausing and he got the trophy when he made it to the end. (it's @MrZhangetsu, he's lurking here somewhere). 

So far all of our tests suggest that pausing does not stop the timer. 

Is it possible that even while pausing you still managed to beat the levels under the time limit? 

3 minutes ago, TheDblTap said:

Actually, he just tried it again but without pausing and he got the trophy when he made it to the end. (it's @MrZhangetsu, he's lurking here somewhere). 

So far all of our tests suggest that pausing does not stop the timer. 

Is it possible that even while pausing you still managed to beat the levels under the time limit? 

I'm so confused now. I would say that's impossible, since I watched like 30-60s of your videos at a time before doing it myself. Also how would you explain the save and reload mid-chapter trick if it didn't pause the timer? 

4 minutes ago, SqueakzMcGee said:

I'm so confused now. I would say that's impossible, since I watched like 30-60s of your videos at a time before doing it myself. Also how would you explain the save and reload mid-chapter trick if it didn't pause the timer? 

I do believe that the save/reload trick works, and I do believe you when you say that you paused the game to check my videos, but for whatever indeterminate reason, it didn't work for us. 

Due to the inconsistency of this, I've updated the guide with instructions to try to avoid pausing the game, but I also mentioned our discussions and included a link to this forum post.

Given the fact that I've been asked a few times, in a few different places, whether pausing stops the timer, I have to assume that others have tried to complete speed runs while pausing and have been unable to unlock trophies, just as we were in our tests. 

My only remaining theory is that a glitch is causing the inconsistencies and that a patch may fix this in the future. 

If anybody else reading this post has any experience with this issue, please reply and share your experience to hopefully help others who are also looking for answers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheDblTap said:

Ahh, okay. 

I testing the pause method on a fresh save, using an account that had not played the game before then. Although when I paused it, I was in the second half of the level.