Maquette Trophy Guide

TheDblTap

9 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

How are people doing 37min-1h-2h platinum runs? Is there a better guide than this 5h+?

I have to imagine that these folks have already played the game on alt accounts or something. 

If you are already familiar with the puzzle solutions and can complete the speed runs on your first playthrough then it is completely possible to earn the platinum in less than an hour.

If I want to make my first playthrough completely blind, is there a way to optimize my run for cleanup? Since there is no chapter select, perhaps creating a save file at the beginning of each level or something like that?

1 minute ago, HusKy said:

If I want to make my first playthrough completely blind, is there a way to optimize my run for cleanup? Since there is no chapter select, perhaps creating a save file at the beginning of each level or something like that?

Hey, yes there is!

So, you can have up to three manual saves, which is just enough for the missable trophies. The missable trophies occur in the chapters "Maquette", "The Gateways", "The Spiral", and "The Exchange".

As Maquette is only the second Chapter and the first chapter is super easy, I'd recommend making saves at the start of:

• The Gateways - Chapter 3
  • The Spiral - Chapter 6
  • The Exchange - Chapter 7

That way, you can enjoy your blind playthrough, safe in the knowledge that you can get back to those levels for cleanup with ease :)

You'll still need to do your speed-run as a single playthrough, but if you get the missable trophies first then you can start using one of your manual save slots to save at the start of each speed run and then reload the save if the trophy doesn't pop.

I hope that helps :)

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Erkawest said:

How are people doing 37min-1h-2h platinum runs? Is there a better guide than this 5h+?

I played through it slowly first learning everything and then made a guide for it in one full run which in turn got me my 32min plat. I haven't posted my guide on this site, as there's already plenty. 

Edited by Riszcky

On 03/03/2021 at 0:19 PM, TheDblTap said:

This is a nice quick and easy platinum, quite a treat alongside Final Fantasy VIIR in our PS Plus baskets this month!

I started it this morning and had the platinum in just under 5 hours. 

The only trouble I ran into was the speedrun on Gateways. The cyan gem tends to glitch out pretty badly which causes a lot of lost time so it took me a few attempts. 

I recommend you make a manual save at the start of every chapter you attempt to speed run because if you don't get the trophy you'll have to restart the game, there's no Chapter Select. 

You can find my full Trophy Guide here: https://platget.com/guides/maquette-trophy-guide/

It includes video guides for the 4 missable trophies as well as the 7 speed run trophies. 

Best of luck! Have a good week :)

Great guide really helped with the speed runs. Thank you.

On 3/5/2021 at 2:13 AM, Erkawest said:

There are several in-game glitches that can shorten your playtime by a significant amount. If you go on YouTube you can find videos showcasing some of them. 

My method for the speed runs was to hold the home button instead of pausing. I can confirm that the trophy popped for me using this method, despite spending a ton of time on the PS Home Screen while watching the videos. Hope it works for all of you too!

• Like 3

I used your video guide to get my platinum, and I paused it the entire time while watching your video for a minute or so at a time. Play a little, pause it to watch video, play some more. I got the trophies all on my first playthrough except for one where I was too slow because I couldnt quite make that Z pattern quickly enough on second to last chapter. The only trophy that glitched for me was  in the last chapter for making it into owl room on first try. I did it 3 times before the trophy popped

On 3/3/2021 at 7:19 AM, TheDblTap said:

This is a nice quick and easy platinum, quite a treat alongside Final Fantasy VIIR in our PS Plus baskets this month!

The only trouble I ran into was the speedrun on Gateways. The cyan gem tends to glitch out pretty badly which causes a lot of lost time so it took me a few attempts. 

I recommend you make a manual save at the start of every chapter you attempt to speed run because if you don't get the trophy you'll have to restart the game, there's no Chapter Select. 

You can find my full Trophy Guide here: https://platget.com/guides/maquette-trophy-guide/

It includes video guides for the 4 missable trophies as well as the 7 speed run trophies. 

Thanks a bunch, really helped with those speed runs! Ugh man I hate speed runs 

• Like 1

On 3/3/2021 at 6:19 AM, TheDblTap said:

Mate your guide is amazing!!! got the plat yesterday :) btw I wanted to mention that on The Spiral, the part when you repair the broken bridge can be glitchy had to replay it on my speedrun cause of that, wanted to tell you to make your guide even better! Though I would wait until more people tell you the same, perhaps it just happened to me, thx again :) 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07/03/2021 at 2:02 AM, apw5029 said:

My method for the speed runs was to hold the home button instead of pausing. I can confirm that the trophy popped for me using this method, despite spending a ton of time on the PS Home Screen while watching the videos. Hope it works for all of you too!

I will try your method this week-end and i hope it works ^^

On 04/03/2021 at 10:05 PM, TheDblTap said:

I do believe that the save/reload trick works, and I do believe you when you say that you paused the game to check my videos, but for whatever indeterminate reason, it didn't work for us. 

Due to the inconsistency of this, I've updated the guide with instructions to try to avoid pausing the game, but I also mentioned our discussions and included a link to this forum post.

Given the fact that I've been asked a few times, in a few different places, whether pausing stops the timer, I have to assume that others have tried to complete speed runs while pausing and have been unable to unlock trophies, just as we were in our tests. 

My only remaining theory is that a glitch is causing the inconsistencies and that a patch may fix this in the future. 

If anybody else reading this post has any experience with this issue, please reply and share your experience to hopefully help others who are also looking for answers.

I can confirm that pausing the game does not pause the timer , I've been testing this method more than 3hrs and it didn't unlock the trophy . 

• 4 weeks later...