PSN Account keeps getting blocked

IGUnique

Hey so I was wondering if anyone else is struggeling with this right now. My account got blocked twice in 24 hours. Playstation doesn't give any additional information except the "you have to change your password" message. It's super annoying and it has happend before but never twice in 24 hours but like 2 times in 6 years. 
I've changed my password with a password generator application that can only be logged into with my fingerprint and a secret key that is  not on any digital device. I also use 2 step verification so I'm pretty sure that no-one actually gets acces to my account but it's really annoying having to change it again and it gets me a little bit worried. 

12 minutes ago, IGUnique said:

Hey so I was wondering if anyone else is struggeling with this right now. My account got blocked twice in 24 hours. Playstation doesn't give any additional information except the "you have to change your password" message. It's super annoying and it has happend before but never twice in 24 hours but like 2 times in 6 years. 
I've changed my password with a password generator application that can only be logged into with my fingerprint and a secret key that is  not on any digital device. I also use 2 step verification so I'm pretty sure that no-one actually gets acces to my account but it's really annoying having to change it again and it gets me a little bit worried. 

Most probably somebody is trying to log into your account and typing wrong password too many times -> account gets blocked.
Maybe try to change also the e-mail address to which the account is assigned?

• Like 1

Cant say this has happened to me, but the first thing I would try to figure out is how many things are trying to log into your account. It looks like you have a PS4 and a PS5. Do you have any plug-ins or tabs set to auto-refresh the Playstation store or possibly an old console with your account that’s trying to log in?

As Smashero said, your experience is typical of someone who’s account is trying to be accessed unsuccessfully too many times. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smashero said:

Most probably somebody is trying to log into your account and typing wrong password too many times -> account gets blocked.
Maybe try to change also the e-mail address to which the account is assigned?

Definitely would recommend changing the login email to something not readily known.  If someone is trying to log in and doesn't know the password then changing the email used to log in is the only way to put a stop to it.  I'd recommend using an email that isn't readily known and isn't associated with any other accounts that have payment information associated with it like Paypal or Steam.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, IGUnique said:

Do you have two-step verification? If not, I'd try to set that up for an added layer of security. Then, if someone is trying to access your account and successfully signs in, they'll be stopped by needing a code, which will be sent to your phone instead.

• Like 3