Playstation 4 8.50 Beta 2.00

Smashero

29 minutes ago, ShadowSkill said:

That sucks they removed communities, its helped to keep friends and find groups for coop games.

They removed communities from apps last year and feel like they will do that sooner on ps4. :(

some codes for share:

EU:  MFCE-XNNF-3FNG

JP:   NLLL-MJNJ-596N

I got one! Thanks! ;)

PS Communities will be missed. :(

R.I.P.

PS Communities

Edited by BradRedwoodFox

...And I'm almost shocked to see they didn't remove the activities feed while they were at it. Never really used Communities myself... but a a lot of people--including folks I know--are gonna be worse off for the removal of another social outlet in These Uncertain Times™. It's hard to come up with worse timing to do something like this even if you try really hard... like, supervillain hard.

Haven't a clue what the suits in PlayStation Towers are thinking. What, is "minimalism" their mantra of the month? The diametrically conflicting concepts of Removal and Improvement are only one and the same, ever so rarely...

giphy.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShadowSkill said:

That sucks they removed communities, its helped to keep friends and find groups for coop games.

They removed communities from apps last year and feel like they will do that sooner on ps4. :(

some codes for share:

EU:  MFCE-XNNF-3FNG

JP:   NLLL-MJNJ-596N

I used a code. EU. Thank you very much. :)

I personally will miss the communites as being a mod in a inclusive LGBT+ community on the PS4 led me to meet and get to know many fellow gamers from all around the world even though this was bound to happen as they have been phasing out out many social features (can't even send a message with my friend requests anymore).

• Like 4

After communitues was removed from app i figured it was a matter of time for ps4. Sony doesnt want to hire a team to deal with the 100s of daily community harassment reporting. 

Probably the same idea with no message in friend request. People use that to message people who block incoming messages from strangers. Sony trying too hard to remove griefing from their system. 

I find it odd that Sony didn’t make their platform more social, like a social network page almost. They have the whole “likes/comment” thing going on and could’ve made it go further, but the app overhaul got rid of all such features and the PS5 has nothing of the sort either. Though the UI is quite fresh on the PS5 considering there aren’t even themes available, so perhaps it’s still in the works.

• Like 1

Those asking why it's being removed - it's moving in-line with the PS5. Instead of adding the feature to the PS5, they're removing it form the PS4. Chances are, when PS5 stock is normal, they'll add a newer version of the communities to the PS5 OS.

Regarding activity feeds though - some regions actually have a replacement on the PS5, I think NA has it and maybe Japan. that highlights new releases, news updates, and I think it was going to show what you're friends are doing - as the PS4 version does now. But, as it's only in a few regions atm, that's still being tested on Sony's end, I imagine.

I'm hoping features like being able to mute certain people and hide certain games from being seen will make it to the PS5 soon - hiding the game is great for us reviewed as some PR and Publishers ask us to hide our account if we play certain games pre-launch, this'll mean we can just hide one or two games.

8 hours ago, Helyx said:

This is a good point, and true for almost every community I joined. The most recent one was for Contra Rogue Corps; while trying to lay out a guideline for the people involved, I was told basically "you're not the boss. we don't need you. you can leave if you don't like it". so, I left. Literally, the very next day, they were all messaging me to come back because they were lost and literally couldn't perform the tasks without me.

Then, I got to read all the shit they said about me after I left.

Good times.

Jeez, people are so toxic.

• Like 2

Communities was such a poorly made feature (IMO). Discord is just miles ahead of it & somewhat off topic, the PlayStation App is so garbage, like literally, you’d think it was made by a single 12 year old. Didn’t they already delist the PS communities apps from iOS & Android ages ago?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Communities was such a poorly made feature (IMO). Discord is just miles ahead of it & somewhat off topic, the PlayStation App is so garbage, like literally, you’d think it was made by a single 12 year old. Didn’t they already delist the PS communities apps from iOS & Android ages ago?

Sony would have been better off just patching in a Discord App and leaving it at that.

• Like 2