Playstation 4 8.50 Beta 2.00

Smashero

49 minutes ago, tinman_1954 said:

isn't this kind of an attack on peoples civil liberties ( the right of assembly and freedom of speech )?

This is more of an attack on social connectivity if anything.

For reasons that I don’t really understand, Sony seems to be moving in the opposite direction of every other tech giant and actually removing social features that connect users with one another, allow them to share content, link with their social media accounts etc. Just look at the PS5 as an example of this. It has less social features and sharing than the PS4 did.

49 minutes ago, tinman_1954 said:

isn't this kind of an attack on peoples civil liberties ( the right of assembly and freedom of speech )?

This is more of an attack on social connectivity if anything.

For reasons that I don’t really understand, Sony seems to be moving in the opposite direction of every other tech giant and actually removing social features that connect users with one another, allow them to share content, link with their social media accounts etc. Just look at the PS5 as an example of this. It has less social features and sharing than the PS4 did.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

For reasons that I don’t really understand, Sony seems to be moving in the opposite direction of every other tech giant and actually removing social features that connect users with one another, allow them to share content, link with their social media accounts etc.

I don’t know about that. Google Plus seems to say otherwise. 

I didn't use community that much, but seeing so many people together to talk about games on the PS4 was somewhat fascinating, it was also really easy to find someone to get a boost or help with a trophy, just seems out of nowhere to remove them just like that.

29 minutes ago, Viper said:

It's funny how much time changes things. PS4 comes out and people complain about the sheer amount of social features it has...people wanted a gaming machine, not a social media HUB. A few years later, Sony is removing social features and now people are upset to see them go. 

Personally, I consider the PS4's social features to be worthless junk for the most part so couldn't care less if they get removed.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 4:47 PM, tinman_1954 said:

Is Sony actually going to do away with all communities on the PS4? If so, did they give any kind of reason or justification for such an action? Furthermore, how is that going to affect this site? Will PSNProfiles follow suit? I'm no radical or anything like that but I have to kind of question, isn't this kind of an attack on peoples civil liberties ( the right of assembly and freedom of speech )?

Sony is a private company, they can do whatever they want. Freedom of speech only means that the government cannot limit your speech/opinions

Edited by SnowxSakura
Autocorrect typo
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Go fuck yourself Sony. Go fuck yourself. 

In these times of COVID-19, I’ve had to go to extra lengths to avoid most people at all costs, regardless of they have received the vaccines or not because well, you never know. 

You remove social activity on friends on your list... okay. You remove the option of sending messages in Friend Requests. So now, I don’t know if said friend is just a random person or is a guy wanting to boost a game with me. 

Now, you’re removing the very option that helped me obtain 100 percent completion in Red Dead Redemption and Assassin’s Creed Revelations. Getting in a community with active players and working together. I was nice enough to stick around and help others with their trophies, particularly co-op in RDR, hours after I obtained those trophies myself. 

And thus, a bunch of corporate executives who sit on their ass all day decide to toss out these decisions to remove long time features of a now past gen console. I doubt they play games at all. Never mind the fact that Sony Studio Japan is out of the picture. 

Xbox fell in the gutter because of incompetence at the top. People said ‘Fuck You’ and switched over to Sony. 

I suppose now I have a reason to invest in a Nintendo Switch, despite not having an

achievement system. 

And for anyone wondering, I have Discord. I’ve had it since it came out around 2015 - 2016. But I want the option of both. Let me pick my fucking communities and interact with others. 

Now I feel like I’m being separating already when I’ve mostly lived a solitary, loner lifestyle this past year due to COVID-19, and the fact that the nearest city close to me has become dangerous to travel to because of rioters. Nowadays I can’t even freely travel to some places without some dipshit causing a ruckus. The riots, the political correctness, and on the internet respectively I can’t do much as breathe several meters without some overly sensitive snowflake on Twitter and Reddit acting all offended. 

Thanks Sony. You just gave me even less reason to purchase a PlayStation 5. Your UI is shit, your customer support is useless, your store is a complete joke. You are taking away much of what made the PS4 user friendly and convenient, some of this bullshit you shoved in makes the slow, laggy PS3 UI look freaking good. 

Corporate greed destroys everything it touches. The prestige Sony had is quickly slipping away. You are several steps closer to resembling what the Xbox One was last gen. 

Damn that was an epic passionate rant and I loved it.

• Like 3

Dick move.

PS+ used to be great value as you'd be getting games on PS+ for PS3, Vita, PS4 and sometimes VR games as well EVERY month. Now it's just PS4

Removing the ability to buy PS3 and Vita games from a web browser, and removing communities. Just seems weird they are removing features with "updates" lately.

Playstation plus is basically mandatory at this point and it feels like you're getting less now.

Vita doesn't seem to connect with PS4 Parties anymore either, another feature they subtlety removed without telling anyone.

Saying "I'm online" and it delivering that message to anyone who was online with their PS4via community, that's a feature you can't even do with this site.

There are a whole ton of communities I am subscribed too, many don't use this site or even own PCs so it was great for them to be able to access a community directly from their PS4 and TV and game controller.

But now they can't...

Communities are going, and are literally being replaced with NOTHING. Thanks Sony...

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Dick move.

PS+ used to be great value as you'd be getting games on PS+ for PS3, Vita, PS4 and sometimes VR games as well EVERY month. Now it's just PS4

Removing the ability to buy PS3 and Vita games from a web browser, and removing communities. Just seems weird they are removing features with "updates" lately.

Playstation plus is basically mandatory at this point and it feels like you're getting less now.

Vita doesn't seem to connect with PS4 Parties anymore either, another feature they subtlety removed without telling anyone.

Saying "I'm online" and it delivering that message to anyone who was online with their PS4via community, that's a feature you can't even do with this site.

There are a whole ton of communities I am subscribed too, many don't use this site or even own PCs so it was great for them to be able to access a community directly from their PS4 and TV and game controller.

But now they can't...

Communities are going, and are literally being replaced with NOTHING. Thanks Sony...

What really unsettles me is this is four months after the PS5 launched. Four months. 

PS3 having stuff getting removed or changed, I’ve basically come to accept it because it is an old console. Not many people play it, and a good number of people still playing PS3 games are on PS Now. Which I don’t have many qualms with, because at least people are still playing them. 

This is Sony spitting in the face of people who still use the social media features on the PS4. Who is doing it? We don’t know exactly, but I pin blame on Jim Ryan and his cronies. 

Ever since Sony moved their headquarters to California USA it’s been one bonehead decision after another. Their decisions are the equivalent of what EA and Activision/Blizzard have done these past few years. 

The writing is on the wall. Sony is very US centric, and they have gone out of their way to deny various anime titles while pushing forth their ideology on sacrificing much useful features to save time and money. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

What really unsettles me is this is four months after the PS5 launched. Four months. 

PS3 having stuff getting removed or changed, I’ve basically come to accept it because it is an old console. Not many people play it, and a good number of people still playing PS3 games are on PS Now. Which I don’t have many qualms with, because at least people are still playing them. 

This is Sony spitting in the face of people who still use the social media features on the PS4. Who is doing it? We don’t know exactly, but I pin blame on Jim Ryan and his cronies. 

Ever since Sony moved their headquarters to California USA it’s been one bonehead decision after another. Their decisions are the equivalent of what EA and Activision/Blizzard have done these past few years. 

The writing is on the wall. Sony is very US centric, and they have gone out of their way to deny various anime titles while pushing forth their ideology on sacrificing much useful features to save time and money. 

This is a bit like what Apple do their products, downgrade and remove features in updates. Often in the hopes that their new products look better.

Did you know you used to be able to get Skype for Vita? I used it a lot, it was handy having a camera on back and front. But now it's gone, it did work for a while after that if you already had it downloaded.

Then Sony disabled it in an update to break it so it would no longer work. "Skype has Expired"

Thanks Sony.

Well of course PS3 and Vita seem old hat. The tech is still the same, if you cripple it on purpose of course PS4 and PS5 will seem better.

It's all about the money, and getting you to buy new products. Very sad indeed. We all remember that PS3 used to have quite a few more features at launch, such as being able to install Linux on it and use it for non game related tasks. The "new and improved" store for PS3 is really really slow to operate compared to the old PS3 store which was super quick and zippy. So when you use the same store on PS4 you can say "Oh my god, look how much faster the PS4 store is to the PS3 one, PS3 is so slow and old" etc.

Most people I know who have a PS5 just seem to be playing PS4 games on it anyway. I don't see a reason to get PS5 at all.

Yeah once PS4 got release in American before even Japan.... That was when the tide changed. To be fair the PS4 has been very successful, but Playstation is a Japanese brand, it is very weird that it has been highjacked by the west, better or for worse, I guess.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

Did you know you used to be able to get Skype for Vita? I used it a lot, it was handy having a camera on back and front. But now it's gone, it did work for a while after that if you already had it downloaded.

Then Sony disabled it in an update to break it so it would no longer work. "Skype has Expired"

Sony is being bone-headed in their decisions of lately, but place the blame for that example where it lies: Microsoft. Microsoft bought Skype and slowly phased out all the ways to access it as they slowly killed it.

Microsoft posted an end of support message and followed through on it. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

This is a bit like what Apple do their products, downgrade and remove features in updates. Often in the hopes that their new products look better.

They haven’t been good since Steve Jobs passed away. They took out the headphone jack for the iPhone 7 so they would make you pay for their crappy, low quality earbuds. Then they took out the home button. Their latest advertisement of them showing their new iPhone, it practically just does everything and technically less than what past iPhone generations already did. 

9 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Most people I know who have a PS5 just seem to be playing PS4 games on it anyway. I don't see a reason to get PS5 at all.

Yeah once PS4 got release in American before even Japan.... That was when the tide changed. To be fair the PS4 has been very successful, but Playstation is a Japanese brand, it is very weird that it has been highjacked by the west, better or for worse, I guess.

To be honest I see no reason to switch for those who have a PS4 Pro, except for slightly faster load times and having a quiet fan in place.

The only main difference I see between Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on the PS4 Pro and PS5 is faster framerate. 4K resolution is practically the same, and it’s basically AAA games getting the benefit. There are plenty of good indies and niche Japanese games that already perform well on a base/vanilla PS4 and PS4 Slim, although the extra power on the PS4 Pro is a welcome addition. 

Sony is a Japanese company. I see very little good out of them becoming US centric in their gaming division. Now it is more like Xbox, which was US centric from the get go that always sold poorly in Japan.

Sony shoved Knack 2, The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 under the rug. But they had no problems promoting Days Gone, Marvel’s Spider-Man and The Last of Us Part II. Guess what did well in sales and what didn’t. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, fresquinho said:

Damn that was an epic passionate rant and I loved it.

You mean overly dramatic lmao. Many others have said this already but most communities just ended up being a dump of shitty 60 second plats full of twats where very little interaction would go on anyways. Me and most the people I know or game with completely abandoned them after realizing just how much of a waste of time 99% of them were. The people I do socialize with on psn I either hit them up via messages or party chats so nothing of value here was lost in my opinion. 

3 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

To be honest I see no reason to switch for those who have a PS4 Pro, except for slightly faster load times and having a quiet fan in place.

The only main difference I see between Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales on the PS4 Pro and PS5 is faster framerate. 4K resolution is practically the same, and it’s basically AAA games getting the benefit. There are plenty of good indies and niche Japanese games that already perform well on a base/vanilla PS4 and PS4 Slim, although the extra power on the PS4 Pro is a welcome addition. 

Sony is a Japanese company. I see very little good out of them becoming US centric in their gaming division. Now it is more like Xbox, which was US centric from the get go that always sold poorly in Japan.

Sony shoved Knack 2, The Last Guardian and Gravity Rush 2 under the rug. But they had no problems promoting Days Gone, Marvel’s Spider-Man and The Last of Us Part II. Guess what did well in sales and what didn’t. 

What are you even rambling about? It's one thing to not appreciate the decisions of a company but at this point you're just spouting a bunch a random shit out of your ass because of your hatred towards them.

For like the first time ever we get consoles that are actually competent enough to where they can compete with pcs to an extent and you're just here casually brushing it off as just some "slightly faster" loading with a quiet fan. Both triple A and indie games run better across the board wether ps4 or ps5, faster loading by up to 80% on certain games, 120 fps, Ray tracing and overall better visuals for those who own a TV that's up to par. Ps4 pro ain't capable of none of that, heck it could barely run games at 60 fps.

At the end of the day does it even matter if Sony is Japan or US centric? As long as they keep putting out good consoles and high quality exclusives I don't see why where their headquarter is situated has anything to do with the decisions they're making. Whats funny about those who push this narrative that Sony has abandoned Japan is that they never mention the huge shift towards mobile and handheld markets over there.

All those games you listed were promoted by Sony, even days gone which was not very well received like their other big hitters but whatever to push your narrative I guess. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, BrandedBerserk said:

What are you even rambling about? It's one thing to not appreciate the decisions of a company but at this point you're just spouting a bunch a random shit out of your ass because of your hatred towards them.

For like the first time ever we get consoles that are actually competent enough to where they can compete with pcs to an extent and you're just here casually brushing it off as just some "slightly faster" loading with a quiet fan. Both triple A and indie games run better across the board wether ps4 or ps5, faster loading by almost 60%, 120 fps, Ray tracing and overall better visuals for those who own a TV that's up to par. Ps4 pro ain't capable of none of that, heck it could barely run games at 60 fps.

At the end of the day does it even matter if Sony is Japan or US centric? As long as they keep putting out good consoles and high quality exclusives I don't see why where their headquarter is situated has anything to do with the decisions they're making. Whats funny about those who push this narrative that Sony has abandoned Japan is that they never mention the huge shift towards mobile and handheld markets over there.

All those games you listed were promoted by Sony, even days gone which was not very well received like their other big hitters but whatever to push your narrative I guess. 

Please. You say my argument is random when the decisions by Sony themselves are random.

The PC will always be superior. Consoles are convenient because they're cheaper and offer decent exclusives, Nintendo especially. The issue is the PC is expensive but the benefit is once you custom build your desktop then you only need to do some maintenance.

Who the fuck needs 120 FPS? 60 FPS is more than enough on the PS5. The games already look visually impressive. But if I wanted to play the latest and greatest I would just buy the newest hot titles on Steam.

People still play some of the older games and it sure as hell ain't because of their graphics. As far as Japan is concerned Sony IS a Japanese company, to put this focus more on the west and block some anime games that are available on the Switch is a very poor move. Jim Ryan is just doing what corporate business executives before him are doing, take away certain features and shun anyone who still plays on older hardware so people will buy the PS5. Apple has done this with their products and so far it has worked to great success.

I can buy NBA 2K21 and marvel at the new technology at how it looks on the PS5. But I don't play games like that anyway.

I spent thousands of dollars on Sony products and games. I can't just walk away from it all.

• Like 2

On 8/3/2021 at 10:45 PM, Viper said:

It's funny how much time changes things. PS4 comes out and people complain about the sheer amount of social features it has...people wanted a gaming machine, not a social media HUB. A few years later, Sony is removing social features and now people are upset to see them go. 

Amazing.

Almost as if the people who buy playstations aren't a single hive mind

Almost.

Gonna miss the new guys spamming their Spiderman platinum  on their feed and trophy  communities.

• Like 1