Playstation 4 8.50 Beta 2.00

Smashero

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Communities gone?!

Oh No!

Now where will my twice-weekly invite to some random little 'club' I have no interest in come from?

You mean I won't have to constantly be deleting those? 

Dang.

Now I'll need to figure out something more productive to do with that 30 seconds.

And Skype is gone too?!?! 

That is outrageous!

I mean, it's not like everyone already has 17 other devices that can install Skype for free, every single one of which is a better way to use it than a Playstation!

This^

Console Skype is utter junk (then again, the others aren't much cop either) and being constantly bombarded with invites to pointless communities I have less than no interest in ever joining, was about as amusing as a kick in the nuts so excuse me if I don't shed a tear over the loss of either of them.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

I don't really care for Communities, but "In messages, you can now turn notifications on/off for each of the groups you’re in. On the group screen, open then options menu and select “Turn Notifications Off." is fantastic news. I was in very active group chat and while I enjoyed chatting with other members, it was very distracting while playing games, I wished for this exact thing back then.

On 3/6/2021 at 9:35 PM, Kizznyc said:

It’s very simple, Sony trying to be strict and heavily moderate makes easy victim hunting for those who want to abuse Playstation Safety, and most likely they are coming from Xbox otherwise why would they want to boot accounts off psn coz more players is always good for the community, and for Sony sales too... it’s coz they want people to hate Sony after a suspension or ban and ‘Switch’ over to Xbox (coz there it’s only comm bans and mostly temporary, u don’t lose purchases(big deal), trophies, save progress backup saves, files ps plus etc

Well for starters that's bullshit, people get perma banned on Xbox all the time. I'd argue it's easier to get banned on Xbox, Sony doesn't give a fuck about trophy or multiplayer hackers.

Secondly I assume when most people get reported for doing awful stuff it's because they deserve to pay for their actions. I don't want to be a witness to someone using hate speech or sending messed up images. I don't want that on PlayStation, Xbox or anywhere else. If they're forced to think twice about how a ban effects them, then maybe they'll think twice about how what they did effects others and won't repeat it.

55 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

Well for starters that's bullshit, people get perma banned on Xbox all the time. I'd argue it's easier to get banned on Xbox, Sony doesn't give a fuck about trophy or multiplayer hackers.

Secondly I assume when most people get reported for doing awful stuff it's because they deserve to pay for their actions. I don't want to be a witness to someone using hate speech or sending messed up images. I don't want that on PlayStation, Xbox or anywhere else. If they're forced to think twice about how a ban effects them, then maybe they'll think twice about how what they did effects others and won't repeat it.

Perhaps 

56 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

U seem to take this personally. Another guy here also had some issues regarding this matter, scroll up maybe is relatable. 

Point still is everyone pushing digital sales and yet NO PERMANENT ownership to that purchase (BAN, SUSPENSION DOESNT matter) even without that it’s still not a permanent ownership. 

maybe it’s the trade off for much cheaper digital sales

1 hour ago, czDante92 said:

I don't really care for Communities, but "In messages, you can now turn notifications on/off for each of the groups you’re in. On the group screen, open then options menu and select “Turn Notifications Off." is fantastic news. I was in very active group chat and while I enjoyed chatting with other members, it was very distracting while playing games, I wished for this exact thing back then.

There was a way back then too to mute notifications by changing ur online status to busy/not available. Any news of if PS App also has per party mute? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Kizznyc said:

There was a way back then too to mute notifications by changing ur online status to busy/not available. Any news of if PS App also has per party mute? 

Yeah but that would mute all msg notification. When someone send me DM I want to reply immediately or at least read it.

56 minutes ago, Kizznyc said:

U seem to take this personally. Another guy here also had some issues regarding this matter, scroll up maybe is relatable.

I'd hope everyone would take it personally that one person thinks it's okay to be hateful and attack others based on their race, religion or sexual orientation. I guess you're okay with that kind of stuff. You're more worried about people getting reported and becoming Xbox users than you are that these people are doing things they can be reported for in the first place. It's very telling and makes it obvious why you have to keep conflating irrelevant things like your hatred of Xbox and digital games to this subject.

8 minutes ago, mcnichoj said:

I'd hope everyone would take it personally that one person thinks it's okay to be hateful and attack others based on their race, religion or sexual orientation. I guess you're okay with that kind of stuff. You're more worried about people getting reported and becoming Xbox users than you are that these people are doing things they can be reported for in the first place. It's very telling and makes it obvious why you have to keep conflating irrelevant things like your hatred of Xbox and digital games to this subject.

It’s quite simple more users, more plays is always good for Sony financially, and so is more purchases no matter what kind... less of that, which ps communities was enabling to happen, meant a loss for Sony... The original post was about the update and ps communities... The removal of that feature was justified

We don’t want Sony to adopt the nasty tactics of other competing corporations 

Just so they could get ahead or even perhaps financially break even even quarter