Is this worth $20?

ElevExplorer64

For context, I got NBA 2K20 for free with PS+, and I have got the Ultimate Collector trophy in that game. I am still missing a good amount of the MyCareer trophies, mostly because I'm too cheap to buy VC.

Since I've played so much 2K20, it's only natural that I would be debating on whether or not to buy 2K21 (on PS4) for only $20. MyTeam looks like a horrendous grind again (198 Domination games!), but otherwise the trophy list looks easy. From the looks of it, I could probably do one Domination game a day and have plenty of time left over before the servers shut down in December 2022. Should I get this game, or should I not bother?

22 hours ago, ElevExplorer64 said:

For context, I got NBA 2K20 for free with PS+, and I have got the Ultimate Collector trophy in that game. I am still missing a good amount of the MyCareer trophies, mostly because I'm too cheap to buy VC.

Since I've played so much 2K20, it's only natural that I would be debating on whether or not to buy 2K21 (on PS4) for only $20. MyTeam looks like a horrendous grind again (198 Domination games!), but otherwise the trophy list looks easy. From the looks of it, I could probably do one Domination game a day and have plenty of time left over before the servers shut down in December 2022. Should I get this game, or should I not bother?

Agree with grimydawg. You don't need to buy VC. They're actually more generous with it in MyCAREER than in previous years.

2K20 was definitely the easiest iteration to plat. There wasn't anything really difficult about it. For 2K21, in terms of grind, it's there but nothing compared to previous years (I'm looking at you, 2K18). Difficulty wise, that's still to be determined since they have only released 4 of the 6 Domination boards. I think the last board is going to be pretty damn difficult (imo), but I could be wrong.