Trophy Unlock Carry Over

sys_usr

I'm wondering how trophies will likely work for the PS4 version of Battlefield 4 if you already have a handful of them from the PS3 version. Since the two games are not stacked like some PS3 and Vita games are, do you believe that the trophies will just unlock when I launch the game and carry my stats over? The one for reaching level 25 in particular is what I am curious about. If I am already past level 25 when I start playing this, do any of you believe it will just unlock?

I'm wondering how trophies will likely work for the PS4 version of Battlefield 4 if you already have a handful of them from the PS3 version. Since the two games are not stacked like some PS3 and Vita games are, do you believe that the trophies will just unlock when I launch the game and carry my stats over? The one for reaching level 25 in particular is what I am curious about. If I am already past level 25 when I start playing this, do any of you believe it will just unlock?

I've been wondering the exact same thing for a while since I'm level 62 right now on BF4 PS3 and i will get the PS4 version as well. First of all, your stats WILL NOT automatically carry over from PS3 to PS4, it will be a one time option given by DICE. Secondly they said absolutely nothing about trophy / achievements auto-unlock in case we do transfer our stats.

i guess time will tell, but if the PS4 BF4 trophies aren't retroactive, then that is one big mistake from DICE..

I've been wondering the exact same thing for a while since I'm level 62 right now on BF4 PS3 and i will get the PS4 version as well. First of all, your stats WILL NOT automatically carry over from PS3 to PS4, it will be a one time option given by DICE. Secondly they said absolutely nothing about trophy / achievements auto-unlock in case we do transfer our stats.

i guess time will tell, but if the PS4 BF4 trophies aren't retroactive, then that is one big mistake from DICE..

One would think they'd have to though. There is a trophy for getting to level 25, correct? If you carry your stats over and are over level 35 the trophy would have to unlock or else you'd never be able to earn that trophy. Unless they include an option to wipe your stats and force you to start over on the PS4 to unlock the other trophies. Like you said though, time will tell and it is only a few more days until we'll be able to know for sure. 

Parker

• Like 1

One would think they'd have to though. There is a trophy for getting to level 25, correct? If you carry your stats over and are over level 35 the trophy would have to unlock or else you'd never be able to earn that trophy. Unless they include an option to wipe your stats and force you to start over on the PS4 to unlock the other trophies. Like you said though, time will tell and it is only a few more days until we'll be able to know for sure. 

Parker

I see you live in the US Parker, if you get the PS4 on the 15th with BF4 & if you do transfer your stats, I'd be grateful if you could give us an update about the trophy auto-unlock, especially for that Rank 25 trophy. Thanks in advance

I see you live in the US Parker, if you get the PS4 on the 15th with BF4 & if you do transfer your stats, I'd be grateful if you could give us an update about the trophy auto-unlock, especially for that Rank 25 trophy. Thanks in advance

I'd love to but unfortunately I didn't purchase Battlefield 4 for the PlayStation 4 because I knew it was going to be superior on the PS4 so I won't have any stats to carry over. 

Parker

I still don't understand why they couldn't transfer SP trophies since you are putting the same disc into the PS4 to download the $10 PS4 version, and it's the same PSN profile?  Luckily it's pretty easy to get the SP trophies; I don't consider myself the best FPS player and I got 33/37 of the BF4 trophies yesterday on my day off.

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, Abysm_Nucleus said:

How about DLC trophies? Will they carry over as well?

Edit: Also I have all the DLCs for both PS3 and PS4 separately. Do I have to buy Premium to auto-pop all the DLC trophies? I'm confused at this point. 

No you don't need premium, but you will need all of the dlcs installed for the trophies will pop, the first time you launch battlefield 4 on the ps4, it will ask you at the main menu if you want to transfer your ps3 stats over

edit: you'll need to join at least one online match after you transfer for the trophies to unlock, if they don't all pop you'll need to restore licenses.

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 2