games that require you to buy DLC to get the platinum trophy

Connor-_-B-_-

I believe Destiny 1 does, in the trophy guide I remember it saying that you need to buy The Taken King DLC.

Also, I don't think this belongs in Trophy Checklists.

@DaivRules I believe that just means you don't need to obtain DLC trophies for the platinum, Destiny is not like that. You could get the platinum fine on release but the DLC changed the game in a way that affected one of the base game trophies.

Edited by shxrpay
  • Like 3

Mamorukun Curse!'s Japanese version required the first print bonus DLC to get the platinum, because some items in the gallery weren't available without it

Darksiders II on PS3 needed the crucible pass to get the platinum. It came with new copies of the game so it was kind of an online pass, but since it was only blocking off single-player content it was effectively DLC

• Like 3

Just now, Gr4de_04 said:

Yep, i can confirm. Honestly i think this is a malicious pratice that should not be used.

Well, to be fair, it wasn't intended to be this way at launch. I do agree though, to an extent. They could have tweaked the trophy to exclude the part that needed the DLC.

22 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

The Hungry Horde requires you to get the DLC to platinum it but that's on vita.

Ok, that's quite interesting can you link me the trophy/ explanation?

22 minutes ago, Gr4de_04 said:

Yep, i can confirm. Honestly i think this is a malicious pratice that should not be used.

i agree that's the exact reason i posted this, can you link me the trophy/ explanation please?

23 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

Well, to be fair, it wasn't intended to be this way at launch. I do agree though, to an extent. They could have tweaked the trophy to exclude the part that needed the DLC.

ok, can you link me the trophy/ explanation please?

25 minutes ago, Gr4de_04 said:

this is the same with destiny 2 DLC can you confirm is this is DLC Trophy or main?

32 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Nope. The trophy system requires that Platinums not require DLC. 

Thanks for your  reply from reading the reply's on this thread say that there are only a handful of games that do this? 

26 minutes ago, ThePhatMatt said:

I think Hand of Fate requires a few dlc trophies to pop the plat, but you can get the ones you need without buying/installing any dlc.

Ok.

Does Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories count? You have to have gotten through watching the 358/2 Days cutscene movie, a separate game on the disc, which gives you trophies to be able to get all the trophies in CoM. The game needs to see that you have a complete "save file" from 358/2 to allow you access to items in CoM for one of its trophies

Edit: Only the ps3 version of 358/2 has trophies, but the ps4 version of CoM still needs a ps4 save file from 358 to get the trophies

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha

EyePet did on the PS3 but the in-game store was closed years ago so the Plat is now impossible to get :(. There's a bug in the PS3 version of Bioshock 2 that causes the Minerva's Den DLC to be needed for the Plat if you happen to install it mid-playthrough then remove it, because doing so corrupts your saves and stops them from loading until the DLC is reinstalled.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

EyePet did on the PS3 but the in-game store was closed years ago so the Plat is now impossible to get :(. There's a bug in the PS3 version of Bioshock 2 that causes the Minerva's Den DLC to be needed for the Plat if you happen to install it mid-playthrough then remove it, because doing so corrupts your saves and stops them from loading until the DLC is reinstalled.

That's not a DLC trophy - it is included in original list, so it was simply affected by, let's call it, "servers' closure" IMHO.
(Ok, this is a bit more... controversial by its name :D). DLC - downloadable content, so an item from PSS actually IS a DLC somehow, but the trophy itself is not a DLC pack to the main game.

Complicated case :D.

Edited by Smashero

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That wasn’t DLC, that was part of the base game. It was a store in the game. 

Damn, I totally do not remember if it was "in game" online store or it was redirecting you to PSS?... But... On the other hand, in PS3 times it would be PSS in both cases... I guess...

Edited by Smashero

1 hour ago, shxrpay said:

I believe Destiny 1 does, in the trophy guide I remember it saying that you need to buy The Taken King DLC.

Also, I don't think this belongs in Trophy Checklists.

@DaivRules I believe that just means you don't need to obtain DLC trophies for the platinum, Destiny is not like that. You could get the platinum fine on release but the DLC changed the game in a way that affected one of the base game trophies.

59 minutes ago, Gr4de_04 said:

What trophies are now only obtainable with DLC?

Edit: Nevermind I completely forgot about artifacts and ghosts having light and legendary status added.

Edited by McJacs2

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

The Hungry Horde requires you to get the DLC to platinum it but that's on vita.

28 minutes ago, connordexter99 said:

Ok. another user that mention this game can you link me the trophy/ explanation? 

3 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

Check out the game’s trophy guide. It explains things in the intro section

That’s only with the latest patches because they borked it. You can just downgrade to 1.00 and not need the DLC to platinum the game. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, connordexter99 said:

Any there any PS3 or PS4 games that require you to buy some sort of DLC in order to get the Platinum Trophy?

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

Nope. The trophy system requires that Platinums not require DLC. 

Override Mech City Brawl added DLC and you need to own it in order to plat the game (DLC has no trophies). You can get around this by reverting to v1.00

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit Remastered requires the DLC as the DLC events are no longer separated from the base game events. The DLC is free, but the events are now wrapped into the game and you cannot get gold on all events (which is a trophy in the base list) without completing the DLC events. This is different that the PS3 version where those events were add on. There is still a trophy for completing the DLC events, but you can't skip them and get the plat. There is no way to revert to an older version, this is hard coded into the game

20 minutes ago, Feichti1992 said:

When you buy Jurassic World: Evolution Jurassic Park Edition then you need to do the DLCS for the InGen database entries.

I got the Plat with the original retail Release and none of the DLCs were required for the Plat ?.

57 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

That wasn’t DLC, that was part of the base game. It was a store in the game. 

You still had to download a DLC (free or otherwise) from the in-game store to get one of the trophies, therefore DLC was required for that Plat.

1 hour ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Does Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories count? You have to have gotten through watching the 358/2 Days cutscene movie, a separate game on the disc, which gives you trophies to be able to get all the trophies in CoM. The game needs to see that you have a complete "save file" from 358/2 to allow you access to items in CoM for one of its trophies

I would venture that it doesn't.

358/2 Days is included in the same package that CoM is in so it isn't technically anything extra that you need to acquire to proceed.

• Like 2