games that require you to buy DLC to get the platinum trophy

Connor-_-B-_-

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

I got the Plat with the original retail Release and none of the DLCs were required for the Plat 1f914.png.

Hmm.. thats odd. A friend of mine played it 2019 with the DLCs and he needed all the entries from them. And the guide to that trophy says that now

Please note that you need all the data from the DLC to if you own them, if not you only need the original data.

3 minutes ago, Feichti1992 said:

Hmm.. thats odd. A friend of mine played it 2019 with the DLCs and he needed all the entries from them. And the guide to that trophy says that now

There's lots of games that don't require the DLC, but if you have it installed, the content will count towards base completion.

I remember the first Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers was like this. While trying to unlock every card in the game, adding the DLC content will exponentially increase the base game's requirements.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Feichti1992 said:

I did the Plat in August 2019 and no DLCs were required, even though I had some of the premium ones installed ?.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

Any game considered Live Service or has received dlc/expansions can be effected by this as whenever new content drops that affects the base though sometimes it may be changed back.

For example Ark: Survival Evolved requires a couple expansions now if one can't do the slightly complicated procedure of downgrading to 1.00 then upgrading to a later patch before certain exploits were removed in most recent patches. Then there's games like Destiny 2 where dlc/expansions changed the requirements to those of the expansions before getting changed later again by the devs to be obtainable within the base game only again.

Most time though alot of games will have topics or mentions of any dlc being required in the trophy guides or game sub-forums. If there's specific game Stour going after its best to check some of the older threads for each game their might be info buried in each subforum that might not get mentioned here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

You still had to download a DLC (free or otherwise) from the in-game store to get one of the trophies, therefore DLC was required for that Plat.

Sorry, yes, now I see how definitions for DLC are all over the map. I guess it’s up to the OP to actually define what they meant. 

5 minutes ago, Silocia said:

Any game that requires purchased DLC trophies to obtain the platinum needs reporting because its against Sonys ToS

The games are up to 11 years old. I don’t think Sony is going to hold Developers Agreement sub clause Trophy Implementation against those developers at this point. 

• Like 1

I don't know, but veering wildly off topic, I hate that this site doesn't give you an 'S' rank for a game unless you have completed the DLC. A game should be marked as 'complete' when you have the platinum, with the DLC listed separately, as it is on your Playstation. I have more than 600 'outstanding' trophies from DLCs that I don't own. Annoying! 

Edit: Moderators, feel free to tell me to put this in a separate thread! I know it's very off topic!!

Edited by JoesusHCrust
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, JoesusHCrust said:

I don't know, but veering wildly off topic, I hate that this site doesn't give you an 'S' rank for a game unless you have completed the DLC. A game should be marked as 'complete' when you have the platinum, with the DLC listed separately, as it is on your Playstation. I have more than 600 'outstanding' trophies from DLCs that I don't own. Annoying! 

Edit: Moderators, feel free to tell me to put this in a separate thread! I know it's very off topic!!

Honestly a bigger annoyance is that the rarity is adjusted for DLC to remove those that haven't played it. Especially when DLC is only a few trophies, and/or really hard, it falsely elevates the rarity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helyx said:

S rank is reserved for people who actually obtain 100% of the trophies. You're not obligated to purchase or play the DLCs, but don't expect a rank based on something you haven't done.

But you have obtained 100% of the trophies. That's how you get the platinum. DLC is essentially extra 'mini games' on top of the original game. In the Playstation network, DLC are listed separately from the main game but on this site they are combined together. 

Not getting an S rank for only completing the base game doesn't bother me to be honest but my completion ratio being adjusted down for content that I don't even own does. I have over 600 'unearned' trophies that are for DLC content that I don't even own! I feel that for me this is the major weakness of this site. I feel like completion ratio should be for the percentage of trophies that you could potential earn based on what you own.

Of course there is no compulsion in trophy hunting, but this site essentially 'forces' you to purchase DLC if you want to have a high completion ratio, and since the site is for trophy hunters, that 'pressure' is there for me. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, JoesusHCrust said:

But you have obtained 100% of the trophies. That's how you get the platinum.

100% and platinum are not the same thing, however S rank and 100% are the same.

7 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Dragon Age Origins has 3 level 20 trophies that kinda require aDLCs, you can get them by using a glitch, but I doubt EA had this in mind, basically all enemies that grant you exp disappear after you kill them, there is no respawning at all, yet 3 silvers for reaching max level with the respective classes.

The DLC let you make character that were level 20 at the start but it wasn't required and you still needed to playthrough each classes origin and romance all the characters. At which point getting to level 20 was was simple
DA:O simply required multiple playthroughs. 

Edited by TJ_Solo
  • Like 1

For ARK: Survival Evolved you needed one of the dlcs to get the 'Maximum Survivor' trophy. (In 2019 don't know if they've fixed it?)

The 'Maximum Survivor' trophy requires you to be maximum level and the dlcs increased the level cap.

So, to reach max level now you will need one dlc to be able to even reach max level.

If you don't own the dlc you're max level isn't high enough anymore to pop the trophy anymore which is really annoying and does not really makes sense?

Edited by MennoWoods2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TJ_Solo said:

The DLC let you make character that were level 20 at the start but it wasn't required and you still needed to playthrough each classes origin and romance all the characters.
DA:O simply required multiple playthroughs. 

re-read the message, I wasn't talking about the DLCs, but the base game,  as the one of the two that actually went to plat it, I can confirm you that this isn't a case of multiple palythroughs, that would be connected on you doing multiple classes, but the level 20 trophies (which the base game does not give you access to 20 level chars directly) are missable, because an average player can only finish everything around level 17, regardless of what classes he/she picked, glitch not included.

I remember Playstation All Stars did a BIG dick move and had only 1 very easy trophy as DLC, which was to do a special move on a stage with one character, but you had to buy the stage as DLC. Which would stop you getting 100% unless you bought it.

I still feel a bit bitter about that, even today.

PS The Japanese version of Mamorukun curse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mamorukun_Curse!

has a complete gallery trophy which is impossible unless you have the two DLC characters. However the DLC is now delisted. A game I can never get 100% on now.

The western release has the two DLC characters as part of the main download.

Edited by enaysoft

Street Fighter V for the Fight Money trophy. Capcom has nerfed the FM gains, season after season.

(unless you intend to grind the game everyday, 6 hours x 1 x 365 x 10 years = 21,900 hours or some crazy shit like that)

Edited by Eraezr

3 hours ago, JoesusHCrust said:

In the Playstation network, DLC are listed separately from the main game but on this site they are combined together.

This site shows trophies the same way as PSN does. It shows the base game and DLC as a combined % at the top level and then shows base game and DLC's individual percents once you click through.

OgC0k49.pngGranted I don't have a PS5 so that might be different.

• Like 4