I encountered two weird bugs

zizimonster

These are two weird bugs that I encountered.

1. This bug happened when I was on POLARIS mission. There were four bolts that I needed to shoot so that the Hedron Chamber door opened, but it wouldn't open. Being frustrated, I fast-traveled to another control point and went back to the control point near the Hedron Chamber door. Fortunately, I found the bolts on the door untouched, so I tried to shoot them again slowly this time, and it opened. Problem solved.

2. The second bug is the one that has been making me frustrated the most. I can't get past the title screen. It was working fine before, but now I can't. I pressed the button to get past the title screen, but it wouldn't let me. I tried another DualShock4, and it worked. Next, I deleted all of my Control save files. I clicked on the game icon again and tried using the "faulty" DS4, and it let me get past the title screen. In other words, I can use my "faulty" DS4 if I delete the game save files. What is wrong?

P.S. I feel like I've tried everything to solve the second problem, but nothing seemed to work. Resetting the "faulty" DS4, connecting it to PC and see if any of the buttons getting pressed all the time--it was fine. :(

EDIT:

I haven't tried the "faulty" DS4 on another game, but I'm quite sure it'll work. I'll report here once I try it. :)

EDIT 2:

After finishing AWE and going for The Foundation, I tried the "faulty" DS4 again today, and it worked again.

I'm still not sure what caused it, but after checking my DS4 on gamepad-tester[dot]com, I guess sometimes the :r2: on my DS4 was like being pressed constantly and sometimes not. The weird thing was when I deleted all my Control savefiles and started the game, my DS4 was fine again. :hmm:

EDIT 3:

I can now confirm that my DualShock4 is faulty. The :r2: was being pressed all the time when I checked it on gamepad-tester[dot]com. This has caused all other buttons to become nonfunctional when you press them in game, but they function fine on PS4 home menu.

Edited by zizimonster