MrTacoNinja

Am I The Only One?

35 posts in this topic

 I know I bitch a lot and I don't have the best temperament. I know I'm definitely not the best gamer or even remotely close to those that are. But am I the only one who's found this game to be quite infuriating at times with some of these green orb challenges? Most have been simplistic but there are some that have made me come close to raging my controller through the television. I don't mind a mini game challenge here and there but not when a game's just overstuffed with the shit! 

 

All this damn game is one mini game after another. This game is clearly not for me but it's too late to turn back now as I've already earned several trophies thus far so leaving it incomplete on my list is not an option for me. But, yeah, I'm just curious if I'm the only one who's found this game to not only be way more tedious than its predecessor but a hell of a lot more annoying as well?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

No, you're not the only one. I found a lot of the mini games annoying and frustrating, the worst of which was the kill all spiders while flying mini game. There are some shit moments in 3 too like the skateboard. That cheetah or whatever animal is Hunter is my most hated character, even more hated than the microtransaction bear Moneybags. I don't know why the so called children's games are much harder than any adult game.

Edited by sk_lp_him
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, I didn’t like the second game either. I stopped playing it and now it’s just sitting there in my backlog. I loved playing the first game, Spyro 2 was such a letdown.

 

Too many minigames like you said.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

IMO, Spyro 2 is the easiest and best of the 3 games. If you think this is hard, you are going to loath Spyro 3, because IMO that is the hardest of the three.

Spyro 3 is not that hard. There may be a few levels that can be difficult, but overall it's much easier than the second one. The trophies are also much easier to get, since they tell which level to get them.

Edited by MrGarland
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

IMO, Spyro 2 is the easiest and best of the 3 games. If you think this is hard, you are going to loath Spyro 3, because IMO that is the hardest of the three (though it's still an easier Plat than most other games).

Wrong. As a veteran, it's very easy to beat all mini-games on Spyro 2 except if your a new comer that is. Spyro 3 is much easier and doesn't need 117% completion. You only need 100 eggs and that's it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Kyoko Izanami said:

Wrong. As a veteran, it's very easy to beat all mini-games on Spyro 2 except if your a new comer that is. Spyro 3 is much easier and doesn't need 117% completion. You only need 100 eggs and that's it.

I did say "IMO it was the easiest one" but that doesn't mean it's same for everyone :).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only real issue I had with Spyro 2 was the trophy that required me to beat a boss without health items. That took me some attempts, mostly because the camera is a bit wonky in that circular arena. I know the Trolley challenge in the Harbor-level is really unpopular though.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally always found Spyro 1 to be the most difficult to play and platinum, even when I first played it eons ago on PS1

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

The only real issue I had with Spyro 2 was the trophy that required me to beat a boss without health items. That took me some attempts, mostly because the camera is a bit wonky in that circular arena. I know the Trolley challenge in the Harbor-level is really unpopular though.

The trolley chase was the only thing which gave me any real grief with in Spyro 2 and that's only because the camera wasn't great.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HuntingFever said:

The trolley chase was the only thing which gave me any real grief with in Spyro 2 and that's only because the camera wasn't great.

 

I had plenty of "Trouble with the trolley, eh?" back in the day, but in Reignited I only failed once and that was on purpose so I could hear the line!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrTacoNinja said:

 I know I bitch a lot and I don't have the best temperament. I know I'm definitely not the best gamer or even remotely close to those that are. But am I the only one who's found this game to be quite infuriating at times with some of these green orb challenges? Most have been simplistic but there are some that have made me come close to raging my controller through the television. I don't mind a mini game challenge here and there but not when a game's just overstuffed with the shit! 

 

All this damn game is one mini game after another. This game is clearly not for me but it's too late to turn back now as I've already earned several trophies thus far so leaving it incomplete on my list is not an option for me. But, yeah, I'm just curious if I'm the only one who's found this game to not only be way more tedious than its predecessor but a hell of a lot more annoying as well?

Oh boy, you're gonna hate Spyro 3 then. Honestly, I loved Spyro 2 (besides the boss fight), but the water levels and some orb challenges did suck, especially when Hunter has an orb but won't just give it over. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I didn't find the mini games that hard, except for the one where you have to catch the thieves, mainly, the one that jumps in the trees. I found it hard to catch him, but there is a way to "trick" him. When he jumps from the spiral stairs tree, jump after him but go to the left. He will jump back to the top of the spiral tree. Wait for him to go down the stairs, then glide and you will come face to face with him at the bottom, and you just flame him. This was my most "difficult" part, it took me like 5-10 min to catch him, before I realized that I can trick him into the encounter.

 

Other than that, I had no problems with anything else.

Edited by Semaka13
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You aren't the only one, i personally enjoy Crash series more. Its more of a fun rewarding challenge, where i find spyro just dumb challenging. If you know what i mean, That damn skateboard mini game in i think the 1st one, ugh. Brutal!.

 

The games aren't hard to platinum tho, but i definitely think 3 will give trouble with its flying levels and Sgt. Bird who can't fly lol.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't say I had issues but boy, you're going to have fun if you play the third game.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I never played any Spyro games before the PS4 remastered versions and honestly, all three were quite easy to beat and Platinum. Didn’t have any issues with minigames at all either. Just breezed through them. Some perhaps took two tries but yeah wasn’t so difficult 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 was my least favourite/hardest for sure, I would rank them 1>3>2. In general I didn't like the hub style or characters in 2 that much compared to 1. All are very good games, though, with some moderate challenge but nothing crazy. 3.5/10 on difficulty scale.

Edited by PhantomFear94
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love 2 but that’s because I played psx version for so many times when I was a kid. I disliked the 3th one the most because I don’t have any memories from that game back in the day.

 

2>1>3 in order of favorite

 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spyro 2 is my favourite, but I find two minigames really annoying: protect a dumbass alchemist from some golems and the ones in which you control a wagon.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Was it just me or were the flying levels easier here compared to the first? I didn't have much trouble collecting everything in one go compared to the first game which had me screaming profanities. As for the mini games most were simple. There were just a few that seriously pissed me off. I found the first Spyro more simplistic overall but dude, what the fuck with that last boss?! Ugh! It was terrible!

Edited by MrTacoNinja
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

16 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Was it just me or were the flying levels easier here compared to the first? I didn't have much trouble collecting everything in one go compared to the first game which had me screaming profanities. As for the mini games most were simple. There were just a few that seriously pissed me off. I found the first Spyro more simplistic overall but dude, what the fuck with that last boss?! Ugh! It was terrible!

From what I remember, I didn't notice any difference in the flying levels compared to the first game but if you think the final boss is bad now, you would have loathed it even more at launch when there were some really nasty bugs that fortunately got fixed with the 1.03 patch.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

From what I remember, I didn't notice any difference in the flying levels compared to the first game but if you think the final boss is bad now, you would have loathed it even more at launch when there were some really nasty bugs that fortunately got fixed with the 1.03 patch.

 

Phew. Dodged a bullet than.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got frustrated with this game. For me, in particular, it was against Gulp. As I swear the PS1 version of that fight was so much easier, but the PS4 version took too many tries and got me so frustrated.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Stan Lee said:

I personally always found Spyro 1 to be the most difficult to play and platinum, even when I first played it eons ago on PS1

 

Same. I'm a big Spyro fan and 100%ed the trilogy on the PS1 about 3 times over if we count my replays on PS3 and Vita. Spyro 1 still remains the hardest and most annoying game to 100% for me, but honestly the remakes made all the games quite a bit easier for the most part, sans the Gulp battle in 2 which they spiked the difficulty for for whatever reason.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The flight levels are a step up from Spyro 1 but the Gulp camera and Mystic Marsh fox thieves were garbage. Rage enducing stuff. 

Edited by Wagszilla
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.