DLC questions

Yeah so the second DLC, Subject 2923 just adds a new area with some new bosses, but it's pretty short. Still nice, but you'll play through it in no time. 

The first DLC, Swamps of Corsus, also does add new bosses and one area. But it also comes with Survival mode. Now, someone above me commented that this mode is not well liked, but I disagree. This mode was the only proper challenge the game offered, and I had a lot of fun playing through it. :)  

At least for this DLC you'll get your money's worth. But since they are both on sale right now, it's a no brainer... get both! 

Edited by Arcesius

My question regarding the dlcs is how much they affect the main game. Like, are they more the kind of thing you do completely separated from the main story (kinda like a post-game thing similar to Monster Hunter World: Iceborne) or can they affect a normal playtrough, allowing you to get items and stuff while progressing trough the story? They are also on sale on my region but I also wanna grab another game so I'm debating getting both the dlcs, just one or maybe even none of them for now.

Edited by LionRed10

5 hours ago, kcatriel said:

I just read on psn page, Swamps of Corsus is needed to play Subject 2923. So be aware if only buying the second one 

uhhh... "Remnant: From the Ashes – Subject 2923 requires ownership of Remnant: From the Ashes to play. Subject 2923 does not require ownership of the Swamps of Corsus DLC to play."  From the stores description.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

survival mode dlc is bigger then most games. it's a strict roguelike with some very epic and hard fights. and to get the 10 bosses killed trophy you basically farm the areas that are padded out with breakable pots and urns, whilst wearing gear that increases currency gain. then when you've purchased some good items you balls to the wall smash your way through it as fast as possible killing only whats in the way, to the boss rinse repeat. good if you have 1 other person, doable with 3 but the damage you receive is a touch unmanagable towards boss 8 9 10 even if your in full speedrun mode, 2 player is fine though.

and subject 2293 has great new additions to adventure mode and base game with an ice area and all the horrible status effects you'd imagine like frostbite, ratmen, skaven d&d type enemies and some gauntlets where you gotta fight all sorts of insane shit in fiery pits, arena,s or frozen tundras. and the end boss is insane, initiating the fight gets you an alien looking, spinning gatling machine gun and it's fire rate increases in stacks on successful hits.

much of the "swamps of corsus" update was free to everyone who own the base game, only the survival dlc was the paid content, the new bosses that were added were also added freely to the base game. both dlcs did add new trinkets to the game, allowing for more build diversity. and there used to be an amazingly op melee build where you could belly flop 1hitko bosses on apocalypse lol, think it got patched though, but melee builds are extremely op still just not that OP.

if your playing just for plat definitely get subject 2293 but if you like the game get it all, it's worth it for sure.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

much of the "swamps of corsus" update was free to everyone who own the base game, only the survival dlc was the paid content, the new bosses that were added were also added freely to the base game.

So is just Subject 2923 required for the 100%? Or do we need Corus too?

17 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Maybe it's a stupid question, but how do you access to the DLC's? Just beaten the first boss (Gorefist) and I don't see I can travel anywhere different.

Thanks!

You have to go to the crystal in Ward 13, then use the World Settings menu to either select Survival Mode or re-roll your save into the the Subject DLC: 

The free item packs become available after unlocking the Ward 13 crystal, at the end of Chapter 1

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...