Please fix the "search game"

problem is:

search input is discrete: it means that we have to input correct words with no errors or aliases (gta/grand theft auto). excel style

search results arent discrete: it means that results are "google style". results are based not only on the game title but also on the trophies names/description and maybe even more stuff (content)

a search like this should be ONLY discrete. in fact time ago it worked well. this is also a standard search method, the easiest to program. then, one day, someone had a brilliant idea to make it more fancy, confusing, and unreliable, not mentioning harder to program as it uses custom parameters (that normally are selected by end-user using ADVANCED search option, and not set as default). perfect example of screwing something perfect even if "old", in the name of progress (like the new playstationtrophies.org forum)

• Like 1

Yeah I've definitely had these problems. PlayStationTrophies is a lot worse as far as searching because most often if you're not specific to a "T" on the spelling nothing shows up. Hell, even when I AM specific it still gives me problems.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

Yeah I've definitely had these problems. PlayStationTrophies is a lot worse as far as searching because most often if you're not specific to a "T" on the spelling nothing shows up. Hell, even when I AM specific it still gives me problems.

I was going to mention this myself. The one here has definitely gotten worse, but man - it's light years ahead of the one on pst.org. 

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Searching for japanese games on here doesn't work either. I have to put the name+psnprofiles in google to get the page. On here it just says no results

I confirm, unless there is something in typing Japanese names that i ignore. It shows some results if you put the first kanji of a game name but eventually it says no results if you put 2-3 or more 

Edited by DaivRules
Edited the slur

1 minute ago, XpanderFX said:

Boolean operators are fine for big databases, not for a relatively small one like list of PS games....

It should just put the exact match at the top if it is found, with underneath something like "maybe you also meant..." if you really want to show more stuff than the exact match. However, I do enjoy this weird search engine and will do my best to find more oddness in it.

I got curious and decided to look at the Dead by Daylight trophy list again and so I searched for it. Search came back with the "additional list" in first place (not the main list, the list where it had to split it into two with the second half of the list, that's what came up first for the PS4 version)... and then a bunch of POWGI games afterwards. That just confused me on how the other lists from the game weren't up top either.

57 minutes ago, Varhur said:

As much as I'd like to see search engine fixed/improved, I don't see it happening any time soon :(

The people spoke and there are no conflicting opinions. All wants the same. Now it's Ceasar's turn. If nothing will be done, then it means that this whole feedback forum section is useless

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

The people spoke and there are no conflicting opinions. All wants the same. Now it's Ceasar's turn. If nothing will be done, then it means that this whole feedback forum section is useless

None of these things ever get fixed or implemented regardless of the opinions because the site owner doesn't care.

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, XpanderFX said:

With how slowly the changes are being implemented (ribbon system, updating site after PS5 release) I doubt that we'll hear anything about possible change, idk, ever? Sly wakes up every 126 years, so gotta catch him when he does.

Edited by Varhur
  • Like 3