Should I feel bad over a flagged game?

Lil-Gameboy123

After being flagged for black ops 2 on being put in a hacked lobby, I ended up getting trophies that I do not deserve. But I’m wondering if I should really feel guilty about something that was beyond my control? I would never hack for trophies and I take into consideration the other trophy hunters I may have hurt because I was put into a hacked lobby by the game servers.? If I could delete the trophies, I would. Plus, I like to help trophy hunters like myself rather than hurt them. So, I just want to know if this is something I can not worry about or if I’ve become a “cheater” as a result of this unintentional event? ? I also filed a dispute and I got a reply of a hashtag from a cheater removal member that really opened my mind and would like to start a sort of peaceful movement or topic for people like me. #GameboyLivesMatter

No, not if it wasn't your fault. Unfortunately, that game is so rife with hacking that it is almost inevitable that you'll get auto popped trophies by playing online. There are like 20 disputes per day to do with the exact same issue, it has happened to a lot of people so as long as you're not actively cheating multiple games you'll be fine.

Not sure you deserve a movement over a few virtual tiles though.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 1

No, I've been flagged for 3 games for just playing games on a vita that was modded that i didn't know at the time and as of people them. When starting up the game the trophies were automatically earned in the back ground. Now I'm sadly banned from the leaderboards. I don't feel bad about it because i didn't until it was to late, actually I'm pretty pissed about it.

You don't have to feel bad about it, but the flag exists to make it fair to the people that did manage to earn them properly - otherwise it becomes more common than it really is, or the best times that people work hard to achieve get overtaken by autopopping from hacked lobbies.

It sucks to be caught in the cross-fire, but sometimes that's just how it goes. You can hide the game if you want to be on the leaderboards  though.

I think there is a stigma present on cheaters in this forum, especially if they try to dispute another game and have a “stain” on their past. It can work against you in the pile-on. Rather than assess each dispute objectively, someone always loves to mention the past crimes before delivering a verdict, even if it’s not relevant to the dispute in question. And if you dare mention this on the dispute thread, your comments will usually be deleted because of “relevancy”, which as I am arguing, is kind of ironic. 

I get there are serial cheaters out there wasting the CRTs’ time daily, making new accounts, etc., but as a relevant point to this thread, I think the stain of a flagged game can work against you in this community should you be accused again. And now that you’ve made it public that you’re flagged, it wouldn’t surprise me if someone surveilled your account to find some more games in question, valid or not. There’s obviously a ghost team of users here on a mission to scour accounts for this kind of thing.

Maybe that’s a good thing if it promotes the integrity of the leaderboard, but so many people on this forum want to label the leaderboard as essentially a joke because of “shovelware”, I’m starting to wonder if the whole cheat-investigations are even worth the time anymore for this community, just given the sheer volume of them. I guess “justice” has to be served, regardless of inequality.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PalaceOfLove706 said:

IMaybe that’s a good thing if it promotes the integrity of the leaderboard, but so many people on this forum want to label the leaderboard as essentially a joke because of “shovelware”, I’m starting to wonder if the whole cheat-investigations are even worth the time anymore for this community, just given the sheer volume of them. I guess “justice” has to be served, regardless of inequality.

People also care too much about rarity and leaving cheaters on the leaderboards for a game or in general is going to inflate rarity.  That being said, I do think it should be possible for measures to be taken to save the cheater removal team time.  It's very likely scripts could be added to automatically flag and remove certain types of patterns that are nearly always cheating and save both regular users and cheater removal team members time in having to deal with reports.  There really shouldn't be a need to have people keep reporting stuff like plats that took under 1 minute to earn in games that don't have autopop and there are games that have players who do this show up pretty often since those games are commonly pirated and the custom firmware that allows them to play those games also allows them to cheat.

• Like 1