List your almost platinums

Toshiro-Na55

Hello guys.
I was around checking my trophy list, and thought about all the platinums i was about to get. Those times when I had only one trophy left, that I tried for days (if not weeks) to get, and then, just gave up.
I will list them:

1- Burnout Paradise (PS3) - Send a Mugshot or Smugshot: Sending a photo to a friend, it requiered the ps camera and I never bought it. 
2- Dead Space 2 - Hard to the core: Beating the game with only 3 saves.
3 - Titanfall 2 - ...Becomes the master: Beating the gauntlet in the top 3.
4 - Call of duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - The student surpases the master: Beating tutorial in under 19 seconds.
5 - Goat Simulator - The flapmaster: Having a score of 10 in the flappy bird like, mini game.

If you have any of those, crongratulations and be welcome to share your almost platinum too.

47L7f28e0.png

• Like 4

Beast Quest! I'm the only one reporting this glitch but I just can't get the magician to give the third part of his quest- making 'you call that magic' and hence the platinum unattainable for me. To  be honest, it's really bummed me out. I've replayed this game again and again but this quest just won't work for me. I wouldn't mind so much if I wasn't the only person having trouble with that glitch!! 

• Like 1

Final Fantasy XIII- Hard Drive corrupted and had one trophy left, was going to get the platinum on my birthday in 2017 or something I think, but never happened debating on whether to go back to it or wait until the 13 year mark and get it
Godzilla- required 50 something playthroughs, might go back to this one eventually
Fall Guys Ultimate Knockout- Infallible Trophy(Still hoping I get the trophy someday, because of this trophy is pretty much why I haven't gone for Squad goals trophy yet either)
Digimon All Star Rumble- 120+ playthroughs(May go back to this someday, but I doubt it)
Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time- Mainly just haven't gone back and played it yet for the other trophies may get to it sometime
Aliens vs Predator- Tried the final level of Marine Nightmare kind of gave up after some cheap death like I die after the alien swarm before I had a chance to control my character, I was expecting hard, but that is just plain cheap.
Prince of Persia- Will get back to this someday too
NBA Jam- found campaign pretty hard to do, but may try it again someday
Wander- glitched trophies so nothing I could do about it and literally the only game I would want a refund for and I've played plenty of bad games so that is probably saying something
Blades of Time- another one I haven't gone back to, was thinking about waiting until I get to platinum 483 on this assuming we can still get PS3 trophies by then, either that or I might do the Final Fantasy 13-2 platinum for 483 with the trophy being titled master of time, kind of wanted to do something for Dialga's pokedex number.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Toshiro-Na55 said:

Hello guys.
I was around checking my trophy list, and thought about all the platinums i was about to get. Those times when I had only one trophy left, that I tried for days (if not weeks) to get, and then, just gave up.
I will list them:

1- Burnout Paradise (PS3) - Send a Mugshot or Smugshot: Sending a photo to a friend, it requiered the ps camera and I never bought it. 
2- Dead Space 2 - Hard to the core: Beating the game with only 3 saves.
3 - Titanfall 2 - ...Becomes the master: Beating the gauntlet in the top 3.
4 - Call of duty Modern Warfare 2 Remastered - The student surpases the master: Beating tutorial in under 19 seconds.
5 - Goat Simulator - The flapmaster: Having a score of 10 in the flappy bird like, mini game.

If you have any of those, crongratulations and be welcome to share your almost platinum too.

47L7f28e0.png

I have 4 of the 5 you need. I am in the same boat with Dead Space 2 but I need a couple other trophies so won't list that in my list.

1. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - Flip Flop. Tried several times and got disconnected from game. Was very close a couple times.

2. Watchdogs - Freeware. My skill tree glitched and I can't obtain all the skills. Would require another play through to get it.

3. Unravel - Not So Fragile After All. Only did a couple levels without dying. Keep wanting to get it done but haven't.

• Like 2

Mortal Kombat X - I'm not even sure if the platinum for this game is still obtainable

Tomb Raider Definitive - No way am I doing those online trophies

World War Z - May still continue but the grind is just absurd

Bridge Constructor - The guides never worked and by the time i was almost at the end my saves got deleted somehow. Did not like the game enough to start over.

• Like 2

1. Agents of Mayhem - finish 15 contracts. Was bugged for me and I didn't really feel like playing it to plat even though I was very very close. This is when I told myself I'd just avoid trying to platinum games for the sake of it because it was an okay game at best for me. 

2. Destiny - Level up 2 subclasses, something about public events, and finding 50 ghosts. I've decided to just finish off a chunk of my backlog before going back to this if I ever do. I just can't be bothered to go through it myself and haven't really committed to finding people to play with to alleviate my boredom while playing through the campaigns again. 

3. Dead by Daylight - get 500 sacrifices, 15 kills, and some others that are on the way to those two. It would still take me a good amount of time to get these trophies, but really it would just require playing killer naturally and eventually I'd get it. Just never felt like dealing with my slow matchmaking. Will probably come back to this at some point or try to boost with someone in NA West region.

4. Injustice 2 - Cat call. The thought of being screwed over by RNGesus is why I haven't attempted to level everyone up to lvl 20 as well.

5. Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus - Mein Leben, for obvious reasons. I felt like it was doable, just really don't want to test how long and how many heartwrenching runs it'll take

• Like 3

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

I have 4 of the 5 you need. I am in the same boat with Dead Space 2 but I need a couple other trophies so won't list that in my list.

1. Call of Duty Advanced Warfare - Flip Flop. Tried several times and got disconnected from game. Was very close a couple times.

2. Watchdogs - Freeware. My skill tree glitched and I can't obtain all the skills. Would require another play through to get it.

3. Unravel - Not So Fragile After All. Only did a couple levels without dying. Keep wanting to get it done but haven't.

For call of duty it was hard for me too but you can do a glitch where you go into the wall and it'll take you 2h to 3h just don't give up.

My one is Paladins but because of the From The Grave trophy where you have to kill someone after they've killed you. I did it at least 15 times or more and it's really annoying but it wouldn't unlock for some reason I deleted the game and reinstalled it a couple of times. Erased my saved data but that did nothing and I wasted at least 5 hours in total and it wouldn't work I even tried to contact Hi-Rez Support but of course they wouldn't answer or anything or I was doing it wrong either way I failed I guess.

Also, Rocket league because when it became free to play you had to buy something to trade and I wasn't gonna be buying it. 

Edited by mumik08
  • Like 1

Jeffries Tubes required you to have a Vita...

Finance should never be associated with trophies like this. When you're young, how tf are you supposed to afford this shit? I'm fine with pouring in a couple of bucks for new content and trophies but why a whole system? This, Infallible and Ratalaika Games showed me how worthless trophies are, yet I still go for them in my free time. :dunno:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LethalShark20 said:

Jeffries Tubes required you to have a Vita...

Finance should never be associated with trophies like this. When you're young, how tf are you supposed to afford this shit? I'm fine with pouring in a couple of bucks for new content and trophies but why a whole system? This, Infallible and Ratalaika Games showed me how worthless trophies are, yet I still go for them in my free time. :dunno:

Yeah, I'm also young and understand you.

NCAA Football 10 - I started playing after the servers went offline so am missing a few online trophies.

EA Sports Active 2 - This platinum is so rare that I've turned my attention back to it numerous times. I just can't fathom the possibility of jogging in place for over 150 hours. Hell, I even wrote the trophy guide for this game on the site.

I haven't let any other games get this close without just stopping. If I get within 4-5 trophies, I will do whatever it takes to finish it.

Borderlands 3 - for that silly shooting range trophy, I asked my friend to give me a quick hand with it months ago and then just forgot. There's a gun you can get that helps with it, but takes time to grind. I tried for an hour or so with what I have and it's just not as possible on console.

Resident Evil 7 - Just need to complete the game on Madhouse, maybe this next Halloween, but it will be contending with Resident Evil 8 unless I play it before.

The Witness - Completing the final challenge of random puzzles. I forgot how to do the puzzles so I gave up going back to it.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - Finished everything except for the Critical and Hard mode playthrough (they both pop when Critical is completed). Started right after I finished getting everything in normal, but I think the grind wore me out and I told myself I would go back to it later...

Gonner 2: All I need to do is score a high combo, but unfortunately, it is impossible to do at the moment, because there aren’t enough enemies in a world to score the combo.

Titanfall 2: The only real obstacle was to complete the game on Master difficulty. But, it became more annoying than fun to play through, and I do not like this game nearly enough to bother with the exploit or collectibles. Just not my game. Technically not one trophy away, but more like one obstacle away.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, mumik08 said:

For call of duty it was hard for me too but you can do a glitch where you go into the wall and it'll take you 2h to 3h just don't give up.

My one is Paladins but because of the From The Grave trophy where you have to kill someone after they've killed you. I did it at least 15 times or more and it's really annoying but it wouldn't unlock for some reason I deleted the game and reinstalled it a couple of times. Erased my saved data but that did nothing and I wasted at least 5 hours in total and it wouldn't work I even tried to contact Hi-Rez Support but of course they wouldn't answer or anything or I was doing it wrong either way I failed I guess.

Also, Rocket league because when it became free to play you had to buy something to trade and I wasn't gonna be buying it. 

I have the digital version of it and I am not able to use the glitch. I have thought about getting a physical copy and stopping the update so I can try it.

Agents of Mayhem: I need the Contract Thriller trophy that requires I complete 15 daily contracts but since there is no tracker for this I don't know if I'm 1 away or 5 away, haven't been keeping track of how many I have done.

Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls: 2 trophies are keeping me from this, complete 500 bounties which I am currently 195 away from doing, and get 6 classes to level 70, I've done 3 classes so far and witch doctor is currently 55 leaving me with 2 more clases to go afterwards.

Titanfall 2: This one has 7 trophies left to get, a few of them are easy however my hands are just not fast enough for the ...Become the Master trophy, I always mess it up badly.

God of War III - Need to beat the game on Titan mode.  Just haven't gotten around to doing it.

Hotline Miami 2 - There's two trophies, but the main one is getting A+ on all the levels.  I think I have about 10/25 done.  Also, need the kills trophy but that is just shooting the same five guys over and over for like 3 hours.

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Need to get a gold medal on like 40 more missions.  Just got burnt out on replaying everything.  Need to revisit. I might try to time it so that the platinum is my 5,000 trophy.

Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones - Need to beat the game without dying. Tried once but glitched out in the last five minutes of the game.

NHL 17 - Good timing trophy.  Unfortunately, they no longer do the limited time packs so this is unobtainable.  Didn't realize until it was too late.

Batman Arkham Asylum - Another one with two trophies, but this is really just one.  Need 100%, but the only thing I need to get that is the combat challenge trophy.

Been burning through my backlog of games while I was home through quarantine since October looking forward to completing some of these on the list.

1) Ni No Kuni 1 on PS3 at 82%: Had this in my backlog since 2017 and went back to it since late January, most of the game is done now trophy wise and it's just the last two alchemy recipes and familiar classes taming to take care of for the plat.

2) Atelier Escha and Logy Alchemists of the Dusk Sky at 74%: Was close to finishing this years ago before the data got corrupt (no thanks to my entire HDD dying) now I'm planning to go back and starting over fresh once I am done with NNK.

3. Street Fighter 4: Just to complete all the hard trials of all characters, gain all titles and icons AGAIN due to my data getting corrupted years ago, meaning I have to grind all those matches online and offline again on a working copy of the game....sigh...

4) Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 on PS3: Master of Tasks, complete 480 combo challenges. Yep, that's basically 100% of the cast and it's pretty much one if the hardest plats because of that. Slightly easier on PS4 due to the extra two characters but I have yet to earn it on both versions.

• Like 1

Worms Battlegrounds - Sergeant SwiftComplete all Worm Ops missions in under 8 total minutes.

The Witness - ChallengeComplete a certain challenge.

Crash Bandicoot: Warped - Boo-yah, Grandma! Boo-yah!Earn 30 Relics (gold or better).

Goat Simulator - The Flapmaster - Score 10 points in Flappy Goat.

Yakuza 0 - The danicing minigame broke me. simply impossible.. really annoying because its the only Yakuza game i have no platinum on.. 

Diablo III - A Trophy related to Gold. it would have taken me at least 15 hours of power-farming to get it. and at that time, i get better things to play.

Destiny 2 - Completing a Raid on Grandmaster dif. had no luck finding a team, so at some point i said, screw it :/

Deponia Doomsday - A really retarded (no offense) trophy for a point and click adventure. Had to clone like, 240 different monster thing, and that takes hours and a spreadsheet .. Who came up with this?!?

1 hour ago, Vitallani said:

Goat Simulator - The Flapmaster - Score 10 points in Flappy Goat.

8 hours ago, Toshiro-Na55 said:

Flappy goat is quite easy if you know what to do. trick is, use this weird mods (like zombie goat, giant goat, magic goat,etc.). kick in 5 or 6, and the game slows down a bit (like a slight lag, since its cheap XD). that makes this trophy possible. i struggled myself, but got it after like 10 minutes tops.