List your almost platinums

Toshiro-Na55

DOOM 2 - Beating the game on Nightmare Co-op. I already explained my reasons on why I don’t have this trophy on two separate threads, I don’t need to mention them again a third time. In short, it is extremely difficult, unfair and unforgiving. 

Capcom Arcade Cabinet - This technically doesn’t count since there is no platinum for this collection. I am missing just Commando and Son Son for 100 percent. The reason why I don’t have those gold trophies is simple, these games have no continues. Considering how insanely difficult old 1980s/1990s era arcade games were (the purpose was for kids to insert more quarters in the arcades), these two games are exceptionally hard. 

In time, I will get these trophies. The trophy for beating a game without using continues will unlock once I have beaten either Commando or Son Son. 

• Like 1

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune PS3 -  Only had the trophies for Hard and Crushing. But lost my saves for the PS3 versions years ago, so I never bothered playing them again. Eventually got the Remasters. 

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3  - Same as above...just needed Crushing. 

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception PS3 - Again same, lost saves...just needed Hard and Crushing. 

God of War (Original) - Just needed the 5 hour Speed Run trophy and beating the Challenge of the Gods. The Challenge of the Gods was just too rage inducing to complete.  

Galaga Legions DX - No Platinum, but all I had was the Time Trial trophy...can't remember why I never got it. 

BioShock Infinite PS3 - Just had the 1999 difficulty trophies.

Just Cause 3 - Mainly just needed to 5 Star every challenge, which in turn would have got me the 100% trophy. But those challenges were the worst part of the game...never finished them because I just wasn't having fun anymore.  ...says the guy who platted Just Cause 4.

Watch Dogs PS3 - While I did have the online trophies left to get it was that damn drinking game trophy that truly kept me from the Plat. 

Batman: Arkham Knight - While I still needed to play NG+...it was Brutality 101 that killed the Plat for me. 

WWE 2K17 - While there were 5 trophies left for the Plat...they were all online related. I was gunning for the Platinum, but after putting nearly 100 hours into Career mode and still had a near 100 Hour Online mode to do...I was done.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VaDiMkA said:

Flappy goat is quite easy if you know what to do. trick is, use this weird mods (like zombie goat, giant goat, magic goat,etc.). kick in 5 or 6, and the game slows down a bit (like a slight lag, since its cheap XD). that makes this trophy possible. i struggled myself, but got it after like 10 minutes tops. 

I've tried using lots of mutators and I still can't do it. By some miracle, I managed to get 7 after ages trying, but most of the time, I can't get past 4 at best. I've got a ps4 pro, and I've read that makes getting this trophy a lot harder.

10 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

DOOM 2 - Beating the game on Nightmare Co-op. I already explained my reasons on why I don’t have this trophy on two separate threads, I don’t need to mention them again a third time. In short, it is extremely difficult, unfair and unforgiving. 

Capcom Arcade Cabinet - This technically doesn’t count since there is no platinum for this collection. I am missing just Commando and Son Son for 100 percent. The reason why I don’t have those gold trophies is simple, these games have no continues. Considering how insanely difficult old 1980s/1990s era arcade games were (the purpose was for kids to insert more quarters in the arcades), these two games are exceptionally hard. 

In time, I will get these trophies. The trophy for beating a game without using continues will unlock once I have beaten either Commando or Son Son. 

I played the Capcom Arcade Cabinet on an old account. Can’t specifically remember anything on it apart from how difficult it was. Games from the 90s are notoriously difficult (as you said, to keep kids putting money in). That’ll definitely be a good 100% to have in your collection.

Good luck!

9 hours ago, G4Knight said:

Vice City - impossible grind to Godfather rating

Dragon Ball FighterZ - impossible grind to 20m

Tony Hawk’s Pro 1+2 - impossible GOT THERE

Now I’m angry again.

The godfather grind isn’t too bad tbh. If you do the afk method, it’s a tedious setup but you can get your criminal rating to godfather in a couple of hours. 

• Like 2

The Witness: "Challenge" trophy (complete the final challenge at the bottom of the mountain, before the music stops) I have tried to do this trophy far too many times but I could never get the hang of it and I found a possible exploit to use but it had already been patched, all that time for nothing. 

12 out of 14 trophies?

Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time - I actually did platinum this but at that time I didn't have internet at home so I couldn't sync a lot back then. Sometime after platting it, my PS3 got the yellow light of death and I lost that plat plus several others, having sold R&C in the intervening time I never got around to getting it again. 

Batman Arkham City - Just need to do all of Batman's campaign challenges but don't know that the effort is worth it.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - Got tired of collecting dog tags and doing the VR missions. 

So far I have only 2 :

• Turok 2 Seeds of Evil : Finish the campaign on Hardcore difficulty. The game is quite difficult since it's old and I have to carefully go through each area and quicksave after each succesful encounter. Not impossible, just takes a lot to do.
  • Braid : This is an 100%, not a plat, but it's the stupid Speedrun trophy that's left. I can't handle this game too well, so yeah...been in the backburner for a long while.
  • Like 1

LittleBigPlanet 2 (PS3): Trophy for 24 active hours in the creation mode
Call of Duty: Black Ops (PS3): Sacrificial lamb trophy - Damn it's hard to get this one
South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4): A few collectible related trophies
eFootball PES 2021 (PS4): Trophy for obtaining 5 wins in Superstar difficulty. Only 2 more wins to go 
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PS4): One trophy, completing the game on Death March difficulty

Edited by RicaEste

Medal of honor frontline- only one trophy left but kept being killed easily

Battlefield 4- Grinding the level to 25  made me less motivated

Resident Evil Operation Raccoon city- S+ rank on veteran 

Resident Evil Revelation- Inferno mode is not my favourite difficulty

[Prototype]- medals is a thorn

Spent the last few years mopping up all my 'almost platinums' so im happy to report i finally have none, i have 1 game started but not finished but im waiting to pop it as my 225th milestone and 1 game currently playing, beyond those im at 100% completion

• Like 2

THPS 1+2  - I love the game in all its nostalgic glory, but I'm stuck on the last trophy to get to level 100. I know I'll get there eventually, but it's such a daunting grind and I have a huge backlog of games to go through. I won't let it be "the one that got away", though it still bugs me that I haven't gotten it.

Edited by Railshock

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided — Breach mode feels very unnatural, and I can't help but can't force myself to finish those few last trophies. 

Infamous Second Son — honestly i didn't really like this game. "Evil' playthrough style didn't appeal to me.

Batman: Arkham Knight — I just got too tired of Riddler's prizes. Super hard DLC trophies also takes the motivation away from me.

Destiny 1.  I got everything but maxing out 2 classes and finding so many ghosts.  Flawless Raider burned me out so much I couldn't get myself to do the rest, and then they dropped a bunch of dlc trophies that I just didn't want to bother with once I made another attempt.  Probably the one platinum I do wish I would've got.  I have a few other games I haven't, but they mostly are easy and I just lost interest.

On 05/03/2021 at 2:54 PM, Toshiro-Na55 said:

5 - Goat Simulator - The flapmaster: Having a score of 10 in the flappy bird like, mini game.

Ooh, that trophy. That trophy taunted me for 4 years and 16 days.

Having just checked, I've got less almost platinums than I thought I did. There's only 4 games that I'm one trophy off from platinuming. More in the 2-3 trophies ballpark. Of those that are one trophy away:

Bee Simulator - Glitched trophy preventing the platinum. Out of my hands.

Fire Pro Wrestling World - "Clear all missions with an S rank", whilst completely doable, is not something I'm willing to put myself through. Whilst the game is good, the control scheme is something I just couldn't get to grips with, which I'm attributing to years of playing the WWE games.

Unravel - Again, completing every world without dying is not especially tricky in the grand scheme of things but the amount of frustration I had going through one particular section of the game the first time round (running across the field with the crows) means that I'll b unlikely to put myself through it again.

The Witness - The ultra tricky, no guide or pausing challenge. Given that I used a walkthrough for most of the game as I didn't understand the mechanics for some of the puzzles, this one remains out of my reach and I'm ok with that.

On 3/6/2021 at 5:04 AM, ShaunJones94 said:

I played the Capcom Arcade Cabinet on an old account. Can’t specifically remember anything on it apart from how difficult it was. Games from the 90s are notoriously difficult (as you said, to keep kids putting money in). That’ll definitely be a good 100% to have in your collection.

Good luck!

The collection itself appeals to only a niche audience but I imagine it must of been cheap or on Plus at some point given there are over 80,000 game owners for it.

It took me 10 hours straight to go from stage 1 to stage 10 in Gunsmoke. Commando I've made it to stage 7 - 8 a few times but failed to beat the game after a series of bad luck. Son Son however is notably easier, just have to know the pattern of the enemies.

I recently ticked off 2 "nearly platinums" on Samurai Warriors 2, since they are games that they really like.

However the final trophy on one of them required about 100 hours, I eventually decided to go back and do it. Not playing the game for nearly five years though, helped me though.

Almost all my games up to this point are nearly platinums or nearly 100% games

4 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

The collection itself appeals to only a niche audience but I imagine it must of been cheap or on Plus at some point given there are over 80,000 game owners for it.

It took me 10 hours straight to go from stage 1 to stage 10 in Gunsmoke. Commando I've made it to stage 7 - 8 a few times but failed to beat the game after a series of bad luck. Son Son however is notably easier, just have to know the pattern of the enemies.

Yeah I think it was on plus a while ago.

That doesn’t sound like fun lol. Keep at it though!

On 3/6/2021 at 7:54 AM, Vitallani said:

I've tried using lots of mutators and I still can't do it. By some miracle, I managed to get 7 after ages trying, but most of the time, I can't get past 4 at best. I've got a ps4 pro, and I've read that makes getting this trophy a lot harder.

Don't feel bad, I had the absolute worst time getting Flappy goat. I tried for DAYS to get it and eventually just rage quit. I quit that game for 2 years...only went back to it because I got the DLC for super cheap and figured I'd give Flappy Goat one more try. I managed to get it...after 2 hours of trying in a blind rage. One of the most bullshit trophies I ever had to deal with, and I'm not even proud of that Platinum because it was such a horrible experience. 

• Like 1

Drakengard 3 - I tried over and over again for days but couldn't beat the ending D boss. Could barely get halfway through even with visual cues from a yt vid. Not sure if I'll come back to it since I really suck at rhythm games.

Persona 5 Royal - I never played the original Persona 5 and went into royal blind, so I didn't know you needed Maruki as a level 10 confidant to get to the actual 'Royal' part. I'll probably come back to this one in the distant future. At the time I was eager to play something else after 100 hours of Persona 5, so I was quite salty at the thought of doing it all over again.