Did you need a guide?

Ghost-TeamX

Did you need a guide?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. As the title suggests, what was your path getting through the game? Purist, occacional guide usage or platinum as fast as possible?

• I completed the full game without use of any guides. gg
    • I had to use a guide once or twice to overcome some puzzles
    • I had to use a guide on several occasions to overcome some puzzles
    • I used a guide from the beginning on

I'm not interested in the game (I hate puzzle games) and just want the platinum.

I started playing without a guide but decided to use one (especially for the speedruns since my memory sucks).

Edited by Byeler

I used the PS+ Hints Video feature once, because my son was playing it, and using that feature a lot (he's a bit young still to go through all the patience of puzzle solving) but in that chapter the feature got glitched resulting in no videos being available. As he was watching me play he wanted to see if that feature would work for me, and as I got stuck a bit there myself, he wanted to see the hint (it was the Think Out Of The Box thingy).

Gotta say that that PS+ Hints feature on PS5 is a mixed blessing. It completely removes the threshold to go cheat. In the past, you would have to take your tablet or computer and go look up stuff on the Internet or YouTube, but now it's just available at your fingertips on your console.

Edited by ViperHD
  • Like 3

On 3/5/2021 at 2:07 PM, Byeler said:

I'm not interested in the game (I hate puzzle games) and just want the platinum.

I started playing without a guide but decided to use one (especially for the speedruns since my memory sucks).

Why would you suffer through this game if you hate puzzle games haha

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Super_Mep said:

Why would you suffer through this game if you hate puzzle games haha

I try to play all of the PS5 PSN+ games! :) 

This one is (really) short and has a easy platinum so... :lol:

The game really isn't that bad tho! 

Edited by Byeler
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Byeler said:

I try to play all of the PS5 PSN+ games! :) 

This one is (really) short and has a easy platinum so... :lol:

The game really isn't that bad tho! 

I'm enjoying it so far. Not as good as superliminal but hey definitely not bad. 

I strongly recommend you stay away from the witness if you hate puzzle games. It will make you rage haha

Guide from the start! Lol.

I’m about halfway through and quite enjoying it but it’s so abstract I don’t know how you can work it out! I’ve used a guide from the first puzzle to help me then just kept using it.

it’s still fun to experience and play though so I don’t mind.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I wasn't planning on using a guide, but chapter 2 had me stumped for 45 minutes, the gameplay mechanic for making objects big/little in the environment had me try use a small item which wouldn't expand enough to use as a bridge.

I have since used a written guide for step by step when I got stuck and also used it to learn the levels to manually run through the time trials with practice too.

A think outside the box puzzle game with some of the requirements imaginative to get you to the next part in the level, really enjoyed the game, nice little title.

Edited by Thomas-R_82
Amended judgement of game
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2021 at 7:23 PM, TrozRules said:

Whoever has written the guide on this website is an actual idiot. The guide is quite terrible, and I will never use it myself.

I didn't use a written guide from here didn't know there was one usually only videos. I googled one that gave descriptions and pictures of each part roughly 19+ per level to look at.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Hate puzzles, especially on a time limit.......

I don't think this title warranted time trials due to how precise some of the items had to be, so learning of the levels was good but all it took was a item not increasing or decreasing properly to mess your time and run.

Although after getting the platinum I enjoyed the challenge and the levels didn't really take all that long to complete if you had to do multiple runs.

• 4 months later...