PS5 Shareplaying

Champ147

So I've tried surfing the web for an answer but I haven't found one yet. I'm basically wondering if the PS5 Share Play allows for more consoles to join the host console and play a game together? I know the PS4 only allowed one other console to join you. Does the 5 allow more? You can share your screen with more than 1 person now. 

Anyway, if this is possible, I'd start up a game session on the site and hopefully get a group of people to all team up to beat Doom 2 nightmare run. I'm a decent skilled player but not good enough to handle this trophy without help. Being able to possibly set up a 3 or 4 player run will make this trophy far more obtainable, even if it has to be through Share Play. 

Edited by Beyondthegrave07

I wish they would incorporate actual online co-op. Would save many people the stress and frustration. 

And considering how many people are stuck at 90 percent trophy completion with only Nightmare Co-op left, this is a true platinum breaker. 

People who thought DOOM 1’s Nightmare was hard, you ain’t seen nothing yet.

• Like 1

I hear ya on that one. I just got pass the Crusher level solo and it's already a royal pain. I don't picture myself getting any further really without help. This is why I'm wondering if you can get more than 2 people through Share play. But believe me, I to, wish that this had online support. 

If you thought the Crusher was hard, Dead Simple is far, far worse. 

I’ve done a good 15 - 20 levels on Nightmare. These levels make every level on Doom 1 on Nightmare literally a cakewalk. I am not kidding. 

I practically did every level solo in Nightmare Co-op in the original Doom. Doom II in contrast is a different beast altogether. 

Sadly as much as I want to Shareplay this one, my internet is too poor to allow a rock steady connection which is what Shareplay requires. That’s why I wish we had actual online, both deathmatches and co-op. 

• 3 years later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/6/2021 at 2:59 AM, Champ147 said:

Being able to possibly set up a 3 or 4 player run will make this trophy far more obtainable, even if it has to be through Share Play. 

Have you found out if it's possible? 

Do you know if you can Share Play with just one other console, but have it manned by three local players? 

Edited by Seamndel

13 minutes ago, Seamndel said:

Have you found out if it's possible? 

Do you know if you can Share Play with just one other console, but have it manned by three local players? 

It won't make it any easier. Playing the game via shareplay will result in too much input lag. Playing with friends you know in local co-op is maybe a better option but even if you had someone to play with then everyone needs to know what they're doing anyway.

Solo co-op is the only reliable way to get it done unfortunately.

• Like 1