some tips for beginners and those on first playthrough.

Most important thing: 

upgrade Armor and Weapons evenly, dont put all your material into e.g. one weapon, because apparently difficulty scales with the highest level Item you have, so if one thing is +10 and the rest is +1, you will get screwed (like i was in the beginning...).

• Like 3

If RNG gods are upset with you and won't grant you Singe (the dragon) as final boss on Earth, it might be a good idea to start Earth adventure mode before moving forward, since you'll get fantastic smg for defeating him that fires flaming rounds but most importantly have flamethrower as permamod that cause Burning status effect which does impressive passive damage as you roll into sunset like a mad gymnast. I used many long weapons in my playthrough but never any other handgun.
It doesn't matter which class you pick when it comes to weapons and armor, you can buy everything relatively cheap from the beginning, Only thing you should consider when choosing is the class' trait, which you can unlock for other classes too, but it's RNG event that you might not get in your entire playthrough. Ex-cultist is most useful IMO and you'll get healing mod as well which can be huge help in the first areas.
Checkpoints works exactly like bonfires in Dark Souls, they'll refill your health, ammo, mod power and Estus fl-, *ehm* I mean Dragon Heart and they can be found before every boss fight, so there's no reason to conserve DH too much.
Use your Simulacrum (or whatever is it called) on Dragon Heart upgrades. It's very rare, you'll get about 5 per playthrough and you need it for final weapon/armor upgrade as well, but that won't come till it's almost end and you'll NEED at least 5-6 Dragon Hearts.
While the game doesn't really tell you as far as I remember, there is breakable stuff everywhere that drops scrap and iron. Pretty much anything wooden or ceramic can be destroyed.
Bosses are IMO harder than your average soulsbornekiro baddie, but that's mainly due to seemingly endless mob spawning that won't let you concentrate on boss itself. You might think that rushing the boss while ignoring his footsoldiers is a good strategy, but from my experience it's always better to deal with them so you won't get stunlocked and YouDieded. Most of bosses also have certain elemental attack, so it might be a good idea to upgrade multiple armor sets that has different resistances. Also the flamethrower works on most bosses like a charm, that's why I recommend getting it ASAP, altough fire bullets weapon mod is very effective as well.

Sorry for maybe a bit confusing post, but it will make sense, I swear ?

Edited by czDante92
  • Like 1