Is this game completely impossible by yourself?

You

So I've been putting off playing this for as long as I can remember even though I own the game.

Just have some questions for those of you that own this game.

The touch screen nonsense I think I can live with, but after reading all the adhoc stuff and people arranging to meet up in person... Well that kinda scares me from even starting the game.

I can't seem to find much information on why adhoc is needed for platinum, other than that certain missions you run out of time while playing on your own?

I remember Strike Force having similiar mechanics but you could play with 3 AI players on that one and play by youself.

I have a second Vita, not sure if I can play with myself on adhoc (other games allow it) by copying my save data over to my other Vita and playing the game twice on the same account.

Does this game really have an impossible mode that can only be played on multiplayer over adhoc?! ....

[edit] Oh, I discovered the

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/3864-dynasty-warriors-next-coalition-mode-s-rank-guide

guide.

Edited by enaysoft

• 8 months later...

I have a friend who lives local to me who met up with 3 other people to do this and yeah, you need a team of dedicated people with a good strategy before hand before tackling this. This has always been one of the games I wish I had finished, but I wasn’t available at the time my friend was meeting the other people so I was unable to go. I live near to Manchester, UK, if you ever decide to tackle this and are looking for people to meet up with! 

• Like 1

When we did the Ad hoc missions with my 3 friends, it was my very last trophy, I played for about 150/180 hours to the game so it was pretty fast because I knew it very well and knew what to do exactly. I advise to everyone to do the same thing so if you have a meeting, you will be pretty sure to S rank all missions.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ChromeSaw said:

Has anyone tried using Xlink Kai for this? It’d be easier than me getting a third vita and finding someone other than my gf to play with

Well in the past decade, there doesn't seem to be any way of getting multiple Vita to connect AdHoc over the Internet, for any game.

Even for simple "play one Adhoc match" games like on Tekken X StreetFighter Vita AdHoc trophy there is no known solution.

So I doubt it would work or be possible on a game like this one where you need to play for 3-4 hours in 4 player mode. (Remember these trophies are apparently pretty difficult even with 4 players playing well, so the chances of just winging these trophies seems unlikely)

If you are trying Xlink out for yourself, do let us know how you get on with it.

• 1 month later...
On 27/11/2021 at 5:22 PM, Shinoda_2qx said:

I have a friend who lives local to me who met up with 3 other people to do this and yeah, you need a team of dedicated people with a good strategy before hand before tackling this. This has always been one of the games I wish I had finished, but I wasn’t available at the time my friend was meeting the other people so I was unable to go. I live near to Manchester, UK, if you ever decide to tackle this and are looking for people to meet up with! 

I would love to get this game done someday. I live in Nottingham!

• 2 months later...

At the end of last year, and specifically as a result of the then-impending shutdown of the Freedom Wars server, XLink Kai announced via Twitter that the next release of their software would have full support for PS Vita. Has anyone been able to get it to work with Dynasty Warriors Next?