Remnant Trophy Guide Revisions

These changes occurred over multiple updates that have not been updated into the guide as of yet. This Information is being accumulated and edited to be added to the guide.

Patch Notes of Importance:

• Coop Scaling caps at 3+ levels of Host

While originally enemies scaled to the highest player, the game received a patch that caps enemies at 3 levels higher then the host of the session. This means that having a low level player as host and high level players as coop partners will make the experience significantly easier for those having difficulty. 

• Players can no longer fight Ravager if they've already solved the Bell Puzzle

As the change states, originally you could fight the ravager after solving the bell puzzle. This would allow you to receive both of the rewards and trophy at the same time. 

• Ravager Bell Puzzle counts for Untouchable achievement in Offline Single player Mode

As stated above, the Bell puzzle will unlock the untouchable trophy without actually needing to fight the boss. 

• Ravager Bell Puzzle counts for Pan Wolf Defeated

The Bell puzzle will also unlock the trophy for defeating the Pan Wolf even though no battle is started.

Added after release Base Game Traits:

• Armor Piercer: obtained after dealing 5,000 damage to armor.

• Climber: obtained after vaulting 50 times.

• Demolitionist: obtained after 100 explosive damage kills.

• Tormentor: obtained after applying 100 status effects.

• Vaccine: Cure 25 status effects.

Added after release Base Game Armor:

• Leto's: Letos Laboratory Location: Enter teleportation room and use computer to turn off algorithm. Teleport repeatedly until you reach burning skeletons. Leto's Armor is in this room. 

Added after release Base Game Mods:

• Very Good Boy: Pet the dog next to Wud the Merchant in the Wasteland Merchant Encounter of Rhom.

DLC: Swamps of Corsus Traits:

• Blood Bond: In Adventure Mode Corsus, obtain the Cryptolith Sigil from the Queen and use it twice on the Cryptolith stone pillar. The stone and queen may not spawn in the same Adventure Mode run and are located in different areas of the randomly generated environment.

• Concentration: In Adventure Mode Corsus, obtain the Cryptolith Sigil from the Queen.

• Footwork: In Adventure Mode Corsus, defeat the Queen without destroying a ceiling pillar above her head.

• Evocation: In Adventure Mode Corsus at the Circlet Hatchery Encounter, destroy all of the Hives without getting hit by wisps. 

• Fortification: In Adventure Mode Corsus at the Fetid Pools Encounter, pick up the Hero's Ring. 3 Players Required.

• Invoker: Defeat 100 enemies with summons.

• Luminescent: In Adventure Mode Corsus at the Abandoned Throne Encounter, defeat the beetles to summon the Queen Beetle. Kill the Queen Beetle before she escapes to obtain the Opalescent Shell. Obtain the Parasite Status from an Infector enemy and talk to the Mar'Gosh Boss in the Strange Pass Encounter. Give him the Opalescent Shell to obtain the trait.

• Potency: In Adventure Mode Corsus, obtain the Parasite Status from an Infector enemy, talk to the Queen, and tell her that you want to help the Iskal to receive a Iskal Vial. Take the Vial to the Graveyard Elf Encounter and crouch to avoid detection. Interact with the Cauldron to use the Iskal Vial and obtain the Trait. The Queen and the Graveyard Elf Encounter may not spawn in the same Adventure Mode run and are located in different areas of the randomly generated environment.

DLC: Swamps of Corsus Armor:

• Carapace: In Adventure Mode Corsus, obtain the Parasite Status Effect from a Infector enemy, talk to Mar'Gosh to view his inventory and purchase the Carapace Armor. 

• Labyrinth: In Adventure Mode Corsus, obtain the Cryptolith Sigil from the Queen and use it three times on the Cryptolith stone pillar. Take the portal to the Labyrinth Armor. The stone and queen may not spawn in the same Adventure Mode run and are located in different areas of the randomly generated environment.

DLC: Swamps of Corsus Mods:

• Rift Walker: In Adventure Mode Corsus, defeat the Dream Eater to obtain the Luminous Gland. Take the Luminous Gland to McCabe in Ward 13 to obtain the Mod. 

• Unstable Quills: In Adventure Mode Corsus, defeat the Barbed Terror to obtain the Barbed Sinew. Take the Barbed Sinew to McCabe in Ward 13 to obtain the Mod. 

• Seeker: In Adventure Mode Corsus, defeat the Queen by shooting a pillar from the ceiling to land on her to obtain the Iskal Husk. Take the Iskal Husk to McCabe in Ward 13 to obtain the Mod.

DLC: Swamps of Corsus Weapons:

• Pride of the Iskal: In Adventure Mode Corsus, defeat the Queen without destroying a ceiling pillar to obtain the Crystalline Plasma. Take the Crystalline Plasma to McCabe in Ward 13 to obtain the Weapon. 

DLC: Subject 2923 Traits:

• Siphoner: In Reisum, Free the Krall Baby located in either the Wuthering Keep or the Wild Reach by breaking the lock on its cage. The Trait will only be awarded if the Krall Mother has also spawned in your adventure or campaign environment. The Baby and Mother may not spawn in the same Adventure Mode or Campaign run and are located in different areas of the randomly generated environment.

• Wisdom: In Ward Prime, open the Blast doors and destroy the Root to obtain the Trait. (I believe this is required to complete the DLC Campaign, but I am unsure)

DLC: Subject 2923 Armor:

• Scavengers: In Reisum during the Magir Test Encounter, read the text located before the statues to determine which statue to interact with. Press the button on the correct statue to open the cave and collect the Scavengers Set. 

• Warlords: In Reisum during the Sebum Boat Encounter, find and look through a hole in the ship to see the armor. Then talk to Sebum to purchase the armor. 

DLC: Subject 2923 Mods:

• Fan of Knives: In Reisum, defeat Tian the Assassin to obtain the Silver Fragment. Take the Silver Fragment to McCabe in Ward 13 to obtain the Mod.

• Frozen Mist: In Reisum, defeat Obryk the Shield Warden to obtain Obryk's Bracelet. Take Obryk's Bracelet to McCabe in Ward 13 to obtain the Mod. 

• Blizzard: In Reisum, defeat Ikro the Ice Conjurer to obtain the Glacial Scepter. Take the Glacial Scepter to McCabe in Ward 13 to obtain the Mod. 

• Cold Spear: In Reisum, defeat Erfor the Jackal to obtain the Jackal's Ivory. Take the Jackal's Ivory to McCabe in Ward 13 to obtain the Mod. 

DLC: Subject 2923 Weapons:

• Fusion Rifle: In Reisum, defeat Harsgaard to obtain the weapon.

• Worlds Edge: In Reisum defeat Harsgaard to obtain the Root Neoplasm. Take the Root Neoplasm to McCabe in Ward 13 to obtain the weapon.

• Alternator: In Reisum, defeat Brudvaak the Rider and Vargr the Warg. Brudvaak must be defeated first to obtain the Cold Cell. Take the Cold Cell to McCabe in Ward 13 to obtain the weapon.

• Chain Blade: In Reisum, defeat Brudvaak the Rider and Vargr the Warg. Vargr must be defeated first to obtain the Steel of Agony. Take the Steel of Agony to McCabe in Ward 13 to obtain the weapon. 

• Machine Pistol: In Ward Prime, once you have restored power on the main floor, go into the office and interact with the computer. enter the password 2, 4, 1, 3, 5, 1, to open the door with the machine pistol inside. 

• Sawed-off: In Reisum during the Sebum Boat Encounter, purchase the weapon from Sebum.

• Twin Shot: In Reisum during the Watchers Hollow Encounter, the Servant Cage Key is located at the end of the area. Backtrack to the start of the location and use the key to open a cage and defeat the creature with the fake eye to obtain the eye. Place the eye into the statue with the missing eye to unveil a door. Collect the weapon inside.

• Frostborne: In Reisum during the Felmourn Burrow Encounter, enter the structure that can be accessed from a bridge. Inside will be a lore book and bookcases. Destroy the bookcases to find a hidden room with the weapon inside. 
Edited by ChaoticDoomOfBob
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Thanks for the heads up on the guide! I've just downloaded the game and bought the two DLC's now that tey're on sale (40% off). Still a bit confused on how it works by reading the guide, my idea is to play solo and get all trophies if possible.

The game is randomly generated so there is no way to go into full specifics for obtaining items. Even unique locations can have altered areas and be facing different directions. This of course makes a guide more difficult to write which is why I had to write it as a list of individual encounters. Still, more information and screenshots need to be added to make it more noticeable for when an encounter is reached. I just finished listing the patched items above, and I am adding information for DLC content shortly. Hope that helps with the confusion.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

The game is randomly generated so there is no way to go into full specifics for obtaining items. Even unique locations can have altered areas and be facing different directions. This of course makes a guide more difficult to write which is why I had to write it as a list of individual encounters. Still, more information and screenshots need to be added to make it more noticeable for when an encounter is reached. I just finished listing the patched items above, and I am adding information for DLC content shortly. Hope that helps with the confusion.

I'm sure that will help a lot, thanks again for the hard work!

9 hours ago, Optinooby said:

I dont think I will be playing this, but I just wanna say a big thanks from every1 for taking time to revisit your guide after all this time and updating it as to be more accurate and so more efficient for readers! 

The problem with a lot of guides is that they dont get updated. So if MUCH better and faster methods are created or discovered, but not added to guides, it means readers time gets wasted, and time is invaluable! I know its only a videogame, but time applies to everything ;). 

So thanks for taking the time to update it m8 ;)

You should play it its good

10 minutes ago, Silocia said:

Me and a buddy of mine like playing co-op and getting the trophies together. We've held off playing the game as of yet because there seems to be some confusion around the MP/Co-Op. Can me and my buddy platinum the game together?

Yes, just be aware that you will want to have the same level weapons and armor as your coop partners to make the scale balanced and keep all of your used items at the same level unless you plan to be running with a massively higher player. There have been a ton of changes to trophies and fixes for obtaining them in coop mode and while some trophies have some odd unlock requirements, they are obtainable. You still may be required to do the "untouchable" trophy in offline single player mode however as even though the patch notes state you can earn the trophy online, I can't 100% confirm this. If you run the game from start to finish with the same people, all members of the group should receive the items and trophies together to keep people at the progress. This was not originally the case, but things have changed since release and the game is much more multiplayer friendly. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

Yes, just be aware that you will want to have the same level weapons and armor as your coop partners to make the scale balanced and keep all of your used items at the same level unless you plan to be running with a massively higher player. There have been a ton of changes to trophies and fixes for obtaining them in coop mode and while some trophies have some odd unlock requirements, they are obtainable. You still may be required to do the "untouchable" trophy in offline single player mode however as even though the patch notes state you can earn the trophy online, I can't 100% confirm this. If you run the game from start to finish with the same people, all members of the group should receive the items and trophies together to keep people at the progress. This was not originally the case, but things have changed since release and the game is much more multiplayer friendly. 

thank you, appreciate it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

I can confirm untouchable does not pop in coop. We tried it in coop nothing (bell wolf tactic ). After that the host did it in single player and trophy popped immediately.  So you need to do it in your own session alone.

Thank you for checking on this. So much for trusting the patch notes...

12 hours ago, sepheroithisgod said:

Can anyone confirm if Untouchable unlocks in multiplayer?

I highly doubt it considering the description says you need to be offline. I'll be happy to be proven wrong but I don't see it happening. 

2 minutes ago, NonTrovoUnNome22 said:

I just got Untouchable AND silver Ravager trophy resolving the bell puzzle in Yaesha in offline mode (the guide says that the Ravager trophy will not pop if you do the puzzle and don't fight him).

Sure you got both ... how come ? 

14 hours ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

Is there a threshold of requirements weapon/trait wise before the scaling occurs or is it even something as small as a single weapon upgrade? 

I've played sub 2 hours & a mate wants to play with me, I'm under the assumption it won't make a difference since not much progress has been made?

This is great effort to see from a fellow guide writer! Very rarely get the praise but always get the hate. I like to check mine monthly and update as and when but many do just leave them. Life does get in the way but after putting in so many hours it’s worth keeping it current! 
Keep up the good work 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NonTrovoUnNome22 said:

I just got Untouchable AND silver Pan Wolf trophy resolving the bell puzzle in Yaesha in offline mode (the guide says that the Pan Wolf trophy will not pop if you do the puzzle and don't fight him).

I can confirm this. Solving the puzzle will net you with two trophies at once. But as mentioned only if you are solo in offline mode. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MickeyMixLipa said:

Is there a threshold of requirements weapon/trait wise before the scaling occurs or is it even something as small as a single weapon upgrade? 

I've played sub 2 hours & a mate wants to play with me, I'm under the assumption it won't make a difference since not much progress has been made?

The highest item level in your inventory or your friends inventory will start scaling at that items level. If a higher level player joins a lower level host though, the enemies are capped at 3 levels higher then the hosts highest item. Generally you want to keep all of your armor and weapon levels the same both all players.

4 hours ago, NonTrovoUnNome22 said:

I just got Untouchable AND silver Pan Wolf trophy resolving the bell puzzle in Yaesha in offline mode (the guide says that the Pan Wolf trophy will not pop if you do the puzzle and don't fight him).

When the game first released, you were able to do the bell puzzle for the bell puzzle trophy and then kill the Pan Wolf after for the Pan Wolf trophy. This was later fixed so you can't kill the wolf after the bells are completed and earn the kill trophy. Then, they started patching in the multiplayer fixes. If the Pan Wolf trophy unlocked without having to actually kill the wolf now, the unlock requirements must have changed at some point after even that. I appreciate the information. This specific boss encounter has been the most changed fight in the game.

2 hours ago, DavySuicide said:

I can confirm this. Solving the puzzle will net you with two trophies at once. But as mentioned only if you are solo in offline mode. 

Does doing the Bell Puzzle in coop unlock the Defeating the Pan Wolf trophy now though?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ChaoticDoomOfBob said:

The highest item level in your inventory or your friends inventory will start scaling at that items level. If a higher level player joins a lower level host though, the enemies are capped at 3 levels higher then the hosts highest item. Generally you want to keep all of your armor and weapon levels the same both all players.

When the game first released, you were able to do the bell puzzle for the bell puzzle trophy and then kill the Pan Wolf after for the Pan Wolf trophy. This was later fixed so you can't kill the wolf after the bells are completed and earn the kill trophy. Then, they started patching in the multiplayer fixes. If the Pan Wolf trophy unlocked without having to actually kill the wolf now, the unlock requirements must have changed at some point after even that. I appreciate the information. This specific boss encounter has been the most changed fight in the game.

Does doing the Bell Puzzle in coop unlock the Defeating the Pan Wolf trophy now though?

Chaotic, yes all players get the Pan Wolf Trophy by doing the Bell Puzzle. A little tip: You have to ring the bells pretty quick. When it takes too long between each ring you have to wait like 30 seconds and start over. A lot of people claiming that the puzzle does not work, that is not true it works totally fine. 

Thanks for updating the guide.
As for the bosses with multiple rewards/outcomes, a universally helpful trick is uploading your character savefile and world savefile on the cloud. After you kill them, just download back your world savefile. You'll be back before the fight with your post-fight inventory. Even though I believe fighting bosses for both outcomes is not really needed for any trophy, it's still helpful to speed up some trait unlocks.

Edited by STK91

So this is the current plan with the guide. I have made a few corrections to the guide that is currently out but have not included the expansion information into the guides content listed above as of yet. Since I want to incorporate the expansion content into the guide, I am re-writing the entire guide from the ground up as another "Complete Trophy Guide" Gameplay Guide similar to how I wrote Warframe. When the gameplay guide is completed, I will be delisting the current trophy guide off the site to avoid any confusion and provide a complete experience with more detailed information, the screenshots, videos, and items. While the two DLC packs contain separate modes from the base game, items and character progression is tied to both experiences that can progress trophy requirements for the base title. While the new guide is under construction, please feel free to continue using the current guide if you are and reference the above information. 

Thank you for the continued support and helping me to test out changes and bugs from launch to the current patch in order to correctly update how to obtain certain trophies currently and their quirky unlock requirements. Please feel free to provide any additional information while I continue to work on the updated guide and good luck on everyone's Platinum and 100%.

• Like 2