Unplayable on PS5 - unable to save!

NarcissusBaz

I'm really hyped for the upcoming physical release of Hades on Switch, so I decided to finally give a shot to another title from the same creator in preparation. Unfortunately after a few encounters and accessing the terminal, I get a menacing message: "unable to save progress to storage device". Have you guys any info on the bug and how to resolve this issue? I know the game is short, but I don't want to play the game old-school arcade style in one go...

I'm stuck with one trophy popped and can just resume on my old PS4 Pro, but this issue makes this whole backwards compatibility thing look really unreliable.

1 hour ago, Cobbsquatch said:

In the near 40 games (PS4 backwards compat) I've played I've had issues with 1 game which was a slight graphical issue... 1 game with an issue doesn't make the "whole backwards compatibility thing look really unreliable". 

This is my 2nd or 3rd game, so from my point of view you can understand how this might seem that way. No need to get so defensive. That's not exactly helping my issue. And jesus christ man you need to get out more, ps5 has only just been released and you've played 40 games?

Edited by NarcissusBaz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Encountered this same problem, but I may have found a workaround. Whenever your game starts doing this, try restarting your PS5. You'll have to go back to the previous save point, which sucks, but when I got back to the next save point--which, to be fair, was in the next room--it didn't give me the "You can't save" message or whatever. Hoping this will help me get through the game, as I'm replaying all the Supergiant games in release order before I dive into Hades!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Dyna said:

In case anyone's still wondering if it's fixed, according to the Supergiant's Twitter page saving on PS5 should be working now: 

Thanks for this! I was waiting for some down time at work, so I could play it in long sessions. Now I'm gonna start playing this week! 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Twice so far my game has crashed and corrupted my save. I completed the final Performance test and earned the trophy for completing all Tests - yet the all Performance tests trophy didn't pop. This is actually beyond a joke, why does this game crash as much as it does???

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just a heads up from another PS5 player.

The game can randomly crash while saving after running any of the tests on the Beach.

When the game crashed, 4/4 times it corrupted the save for me and I was unfortunate enough that my automatic upload with psplus didn't upload my savefile the first time.

When playing Transistor on PS5, make sure to frequently make backups.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/16/2022 at 11:36 AM, JaykVale said:

Just a heads up from another PS5 player.

The game can randomly crash while saving after running any of the tests on the Beach.

When the game crashed, 4/4 times it corrupted the save for me and I was unfortunate enough that my automatic upload with psplus didn't upload my savefile the first time.

When playing Transistor on PS5, make sure to frequently make backups.

I also experienced a save-corrupting crash after completing a beach test, so be aware that this is still live.  Save early and save often (to the cloud), y'all!