Senran Kagura & Neptunia: Ninja Wars

On 7/10/2021 at 0:52 AM, The Arizona Ranger said:

Gosh this game looks like so much fun. I can't wait to play it. This and Sonic Colors Ultimate. 

Edit: Nevermind Sonic colors ultimate. The game is an unfinished mess. 

Edited by The Titan

Yet again no CPU Candidates and none of the teammates to Asuka, Homura, Yumi and Miyabi. Oh well was planning on only using Noire and Homura anyway.

Still DLC Characters can happen but how many there will be is the question.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Leon Castle said:

Yet again no CPU Candidates and none of the teammates to Asuka, Homura, Yumi and Miyabi. Oh well was planning on only using Noire and Homura anyway.

Still DLC Characters can happen but how many there will be is the question.

That's my only concern with this game. It seems only the main girls from each school have been shown plus a few next extra characters, which is nice, but whatever happened to their teammates? It'd be cool if they all got sucked in into this world as well. Hopefully it won't become a DLC nightmare in that regard.

15 hours ago, Cryogenicide_X said:

This is releasing to the west right?

That's currently unknown but if it does, it will be sometime next year - probably Summer.

15 hours ago, Honor_Hand said:

That's my only concern with this game. It seems only the main girls from each school have been shown plus a few next extra characters, which is nice, but whatever happened to their teammates? It'd be cool if they all got sucked in into this world as well. Hopefully it won't become a DLC nightmare in that regard.

I can guarantee you, there will a shit ton of DLC for this, because Compile Heart and Marvellous always pack their games to the rafters with it.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

Guys, the game is a PlayStation exclusive and thus has been designed from the ground up with Sony's censorship policy in mind. In that sense it *is* censored. We'll never know what could have made its way into the game if the developers had the freedom to make whatever they wanted. Since this isn't coming out on other platforms (which is stupid), obviously there's not going to be any comparisons to point to and say definitively that "X was toned down" or "X was removed from the game", but it'll definitely be tame when compared to the SK games that came out before the censorship policy was introduced, of that I have no doubt. If you really care about censorship, these kinds of sanitised "Sony approved" releases aren't worth supporting with your money. You're just sending the message that you're okay with it. If you *really* want to play it despite all that, I would suggest getting a used copy, but ultimately it's your money and you can do what you like with it.

I blame California, Jim Ryan and everybody under him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ancestral_Spirit said:

I'm gonna wait to find out if it's censored or not, as much as i want the game, i refuse to endorse censorship.

46 minutes ago, Undead Wolf said:

If you *really* want to play it despite all that, I would suggest getting a used copy

Both of these are what i completely agree with. I have no issues buying a used game if it prevents a company from getting my money for a censored product. If it was uncensored then I would gladly pay FULL price. As a fan of SK games and having enjoyed a few of the Neptunia games this does look like FUN.

• Like 3

Every single Senran Kagura game even before Sony's new policies was """censored""" in the sense that if the developers had thought they were allowed to take it further then they would have done so. There have always been standards which they have designed the game by.  The only signal anyone is sending by buying this used is that we don't want more games in either franchise. Not really a big problem for me personally but that's how it works.

22 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

Not sure why you're making excuses for Sony, but okay, developers never had *complete* creative freedom when releasing console exclusive games due to the fact that Adult Only games aren't allowed on them. It's worth noting that the Senran Kagura games and other ecchi games pre-censorship policy that also came to PC were the same as the PlayStation versions despite not having those same restrictions on them, but that's besides the point. It doesn't change the fact that Sony are now applying addition content restrictions on anime style games that would have had no problem getting rated Mature/18 or below because the higher ups in PlayStation have a distaste for that kind of thing. So yes, this game and others like it are censored compared to what was possible before. You can debate semantics all you like, but that's a fact.

That's an awful way to look at it. Fans of the series shouldn't have to buy a new copy of a watered down product just to show they want more games. If the game sells poorly, it's on the publisher for not releasing the game uncut and uncensored on other platforms that are more open to these kinds of games. Releasing an ecchi anime game exclusively on a PlayStation console in 2021 is quite frankly idiotic and I don't think they should be rewarded for that.

I haven't made excuses for Sony. I just pointed out that these games never had full creative freedom. You were always buying a franchise adapted to the mass market by rules and regulations, similar to Sony's. You don't need to reward it but the only thing you are accomplishing by boycotting it is killing the franchises. Instead of a watered down product you will get nothing in the future. That the way it works. If you are OK with those consequences then go ahead and buy used. 

Edited by iriihutoR84
  • Like 2

Sony needs to move on to Japan, many of the old fans like me we are tired of the same third action cinematic over the shoulder game, Sega did the same and they went to bankrupt because of americanization, California shouldn't exist honestly i hate that state, the sjw  are the most miserable losers ever , i hope all japanese developers can fuck off Sony and they in some moment will have to think that they are doing wrong, west it's full of cry babies, the stupid democracy utopia idea it's ruining all entertainment, if we don't fight we are fucked up...

Edited by TheAbyssWalker61
  • Like 4