how are you finding the game? some helpful tips and pointers.

first playthrough is quite difficult in places, I remember detesting the sewers, fire works wonders against those creatures and in ng+ you can link fire to aoe materia and nuke them all straight away.

when you finish the game you get a bonus exp for levelling materia, i decided to jump into hard straight away but many chapter select through normal and level up first, starting hard straight away has a few spikes here and there but overall it's easier then the first playthrough.

there is a pretty difficult boss called hell house in the arena fairly early in the story, and at firtst he seems damn hard but the trick to beating him is, hitting him with the element opposite to the colour of the shield he puts up, also if you have it, and can keep bio/bioga up on the boss it makes the boss spit you out if you get sucked in.

there are some pretty hard. rythmic qtes in some mini games you have to do for trophies with tifa, the hardest part is when the qtes are going slowly, once it speeds up it's fine, sometimes it helps to just not look at the screen, but expect to spend a fair few hours just getting into the swing of it.

i used a pretty interesting build with tifa where i could set myself up to self destruct and if i hit a group of enemies, i'd do thousands of damage and my limit break would instantly fill to full after using it, it's an endgame build really as you need lots of gems levelled to be able to use it effectively. but i'll leave the video here, also be sure to check out his other ff7r content, it's very informative to help you better understand the mental fights your going to have.

• Like 4

Currently grinding AP to do the vs secret machine and then continue hard run (I'm on chapter 5).  Got lucky and got to Bahamut but Jesus Christ, it went south quickly with him + I had barely any MP left. 

Right now I'm copying this build, hope it works for me.

Any tip/ trick to make those 2 trophies faster and easier is very welcome. 

As for the game? I like it but I'm really hating on that stupid final challenge.  Hope I can get the platinum soon tho. 

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Currently grinding AP to do the vs secret machine and then continue hard run (I'm on chapter 5).  Got lucky and got to Bahamut but Jesus Christ, it went south quickly with him + I had barely any MP left. 

Right now I'm copying this build, hope it works for me.

Any tip/ trick to make those 2 trophies faster and easier is very welcome. 

the guide is pretty good, the trick to beating the fight is to know exactly what to use, and constantly pause the game so you never waste a valuable second of fight time, esp if you got a guide running and he's walking you through the fight, but yeah it was a mental fight pausing the game and thinking about my next move got me through it, but secrets wasn't too difficult not compared to the lightning one.

everyone must be rocking full dps builds cuz everyone got low hp there. and i relied heavily on tifa with the metal knuckles for stagger and dps, think i used self destruct and her second limit break.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

the guide is pretty good, the trick to beating the fight is to know exactly what to use, and constantly pause the game so you never waste a valuable second of fight time, esp if you got a guide running and he's walking you through the fight, but yeah it was a mental fight pausing the game and thinking about my next move got me through it, but secrets wasn't too difficult not compared to the lightning one.

everyone must be rocking full dps builds cuz everyone got low hp there. and i relied heavily on tifa with the metal knuckles for stagger and dps, think i used self destruct and her second limit break.

Yeah I decided to switch to this as it's SEEMS simpler to do + he's walking you through it.  Finally got all the rings and materia and now I'm just letting the ai grind on the colosseum.  The ai is quite good ngl. ?

Saw some guys beating the whole thing in under 2 mins but fuck me, the whole run is a mess of imputs.

I'll check out the guy you mentioned sometime later tonight to see if that helps too. 

Tried the build and Strat that I posted and it isn't working for me.  I can get past the first 2 but then it all goes wrong on Leviathan.

I need something that doesn't require perfection and South Korean gamer speed. 

?

35 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

Tried the build and Strat that I posted and it isn't working for me.  I can get past the first 2 but then it all goes wrong on Leviathan.

I need something that doesn't require perfection and South Korean gamer speed. 

1f622.png

This made me chuckle 

• Like 1

Now I'm trying this one and usually get to Bahamut and in under 3 mins (got him to 15% health, I think) at one point but he summons Ifrit and that wipes me. 

Heard I'm doing too much damage on his first pressure and that pushes him to summon? ?

I do need to max out my MP tho. 

this is the video I used for theese bosses, I did it after watching it, but i couldn't stagger leviathan like he did dps just didn't cut it. with tifa as main damage dealer i think i staggered and killed fat chocobo within 30 seconds lol. but after watching the vid I do remember dropping secrets to the floor with thundaga and wailing on him, did him first time but like he said, i couldn't get past leviathan without the 3x fury rings. i did the final fight with sephiroth before I got the damerung, which is why i needed the self detruct build as that shit was crazy.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

this is the video I used for theese bosses, I did it after watching it, but i couldn't stagger leviathan like he did dps just didn't cut it. with tifa as main damage dealer i think i staggered and killed fat chocobo within 30 seconds lol. but after watching the vid I do remember dropping secrets to the floor with thundaga and wailing on him, did him first time but like he said, i couldn't get past leviathan without the 3x fury rings. i did the final fight with sephiroth before I got the damerung, which is why i needed the self detruct build as that shit was crazy.

It's the same as mine but the one I'm following it's slightly clearer and slower, so it's easy to follow.  My build is complete (everything max) and some stats even better (attack).

Im plowing through them like if they were normal enemies but as soon as I get the Bahamut, mid way through he spawn Ifrit and wipes me.  If only he couldn't spawn him.... 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Fr_0zt said:

It's the same as mine but the one I'm following it's slightly clearer and slower, so it's easy to follow.  My build is complete (everything max) and some stats even better (attack).

Im plowing through them like if they were normal enemies but as soon as I get the Bahamut, mid way through he spawn Ifrit and wipes me.  If only he couldn't spawn him.... 

watch blitz's  guide there is a way to mke sure he doesn;t spawn ifrit - basically if you get him to half hp with melee attacks when he falls over, he will summon ifrit, so stop damaging him before half hp, run back to your arcane ward with all characters and spam GA spells fire/lightning which will stun him and prevent ifrit summon

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 1

I FUCKING DID IT! ??

Gave Tifa a fire shield to buy me some seconds vs Ifrit cuz I just can't get the damage right (I'm too powerful?) for it to not spawn and that helped a lot.  Then we reached the final and everything went to the absolute shite from the start but I somehow managed to push through. 

Video of my run soon.  You can even see the exact time I lost all hope.... And no, it's not the 10 or so secs on pause. 

Edited by Fr_0zt
  • Like 1

I was finding Leviathan really difficult with just one Pheonix Down.

In the end I sacrificed Tifa and Cloud and soloed him with Barrett as a tank with HP UP x2, 20% damage return as Heal and Cure 3 (with occasional use of Regen). Obviously it took longer but it was a lot easier ?

Hell House wasn't all that bad for me. Until I read the Assess info for the two guys in suits wearing sunglasses and the little bitch instant-killing Tonberry, I was struggling most with those. That one ability is a lifesaver.

But the worst experience of the whole game was Jules. That sassy queen, sweat monster can FO.

Edited by GarryKE

9 hours ago, GarryKE said:

I was finding Leviathan really difficult with just one Pheonix Down.

In the end I sacrificed Tifa and Cloud and soloed him with Barrett as a tank with HP UP x2, 20% damage return as Heal and Cure 3 (with occasional use of Regen). Obviously it took longer but it was a lot easier 1f605.png

Hell House wasn't all that bad for me. Until I read the Assess info for the two guys in suits wearing sunglasses and the little bitch instant-killing Tonberry, I was struggling most with those. That one ability is a lifesaver.

But the worst experience of the whole game was Jules. That sassy queen, sweat monster can FO.

you gotta do a gauntlet later on fat chocobo shiva leviathan bahamut and top secrets. and they're on hard mode with extra oomph

• Like 2

For the Bahamut + Ifrit fight you don't really need anything special. Slow and steady wins the race. I almost gave up on the platinum because I'm so tired of this shell of a game, thought I'll give it a go my way, then try with a guide and call it quits if I fail. Took 40 minutes for the whole gauntlet, lots and lots of blocking, hitting where the opportunity presented itself and saving 2 limit breaks for Ifrit. Which almost killed, had to run after him, looked weird ? but yeah, I didn't expect it but got through it just taking my time, using manawall when countdown went down to 1 and just trying to be safe. 

As for the game itself... Someone on this forum told me recently how much heart went into this and I just don't see it. Loved the story and what they did with the main cast, the "twist" at the end is... Intriguing. But the game, apart from the story and characters it's mostly filler content and slow walking in narrow corridors. 

• Like 2

I HATE THIS!!!!

I'm stuck on the pride and joy fights and keep getting one hit killed by Bahamut! ???

I used manaward when the countdown reaches one, but the protection disappears by the time Bahamut does megaflare. ? And I don't have reprieve either. AND the revival bangles get used up on earlier fights before even reaching Bahamut! All that combined makes his one hit kill attack almost impossible to survive!

Meanwhile, people are calling this a 5/10 platinum difficulty! Bullshit!

pride and joy is difficult, but you shouldn't be reviving at any point during it. it's just hard once you figure it out once you do it's easy and i didn't even use mana ward. when fighting bahamut. you use the spell that gives u a extra spellcast. hammer him with thunderga and firaga but don't hammer too much, keep tifa on offense constantly keep her chi up and use the combo explained in the video i posted.

after a while he will fall to the ground, dps him a little bit but don't get him to half hp, if you get him to half hp he will summon ifrit and you could very well die right after. let him just stand up on his own, and forcibly make your  party run back to the spell warding you put on the floor at the start of the fight. after he gets up SPAM him with GA spells, because they stun him, he will never even get off a single megaflare as long as you keep him stunned, he won't summon ifrit either.

you gotta wait for him to get up, because when he falls over he can't be stunned. also make sure your characters all have fury rings..

• Like 1

19 hours ago, me_is_caveman said:

keep getting one hit killed by Bahamut! 1f620.png1f620.png1f620.png

I used manaward when the countdown reaches one, but the protection disappears by the time Bahamut does megaflare. 

Meanwhile, people are calling this a 5/10 platinum difficulty! Bullshit!

What I did: Maxed the 2 elemental materias, and linked them to fire on Cloud's and Tifa's bracelets

What this means is that it will not only negate all fire attacks, they will heal you instead.

You know where this is going right? 

Ifrit will massively heal you, so I kept Tifa fisting Bahamut's asshole with Ifrit aggroed behind me, and despite my Tifa being sandwiched she kept tanking all of poor Bahamut's vain attempts at draining my hp since his brain damaged boyfriend, Ifrit, kept healing me instead.

Don't let your guard down, since Baha can still kill you and periodically heal the party with Aerith and/or Cloud and keep fisting Bahamut with Tifa. Keep Cloud slashing Baha and close to Tifa, since he'll be healed by Ifrit as well. 

Megaflare: Easy, once Cloud's limit is filled save it for once the countdown reaches 1, then just use it and it will stun him, canceling Megaflare. 

Ifrit: Once you delete Bahamut, just keep Ifrit distracted with Cloud / Tifa and just run around with Aerith, casting her MP stealing ability to get a lot of MP back, since poor Ifrit is helpless against fire infused Cloud and Tifa. Kill him once your MP stealing needs have been satisfied. Poor bloke. Humiliated and disgraced. 

Pride and Joy itself will also use a lot of fire attacks, healing you, so just spam away from behind (target one leg) until it dies. Very easy boss, just keep revive ready in case it grabs any of your characters. 

Also, Tifa and Cloud can switch roles, I just like Tifa's moves more.