How difficult is this game If I start it now?

Jasmin-Harun

So I got FAR CRY 5 for my birthday and I am planning to start it once I finish my other games.

However this will be my first FAR CRY and tbh I am not a big fan of FPS but here and there I will make an exception (DOOM, COD, Titanfall 2 etc)

How accessible are the multiplayer trophies and servers ? Should I go for the platinum or go for the 100%? 

Any tips and recommendations are welcome.

Cheers 

Game is not hard. It's your typical FPS. Nothing is missable. As far as MP trophies go, you can always create your own sessions. There's always people looking to boost these trophies and they're not hard. It's just that the MP is bad and not fun at all.

Personally, I did not really like the DLC but I've read that other people did. It's always gonna be a personal opinion. I got the 100% because my satisfaction comes from getting 100%, not just the platinum trophy. 

• Like 1

100% Platinum is still very achievable. It's not too difficult even for someone that's not a big fan of FPS like yourself.

I found it really boring though but it is a good game definately worth playing 

Edited by shakie19
typo
  • Like 1

Ive done it a few times, and the most recent time would have been in october. The MP (though one of the worst ive ever played) is still very active enough to get your trophies without any long searches. (Unlike FC4). The platinum itself is easy, but the DLC adds some more lengthy challenging ones, while at the same time still being fun to play. I can help you with the NG+ mode on hard as well as drop you the fishing poles to make those trophies easier on you. You will also need to do 3 missions in coop, but can easily be done in 5-10 minutes with outposts.

Like others have mentioned the biggest hurdle is the multi-player which is really just a matter of getting someone to boost it with you. The only other for the 100% is the DLC which I think the more challenging one is the zombies one due to the final level. Definitely do co-op on those but otherwise they aren't too bad.

Otherwise the base game is easy, which leaves the only other thing being completing the game on the Infamous difficulty which isn't actually so bad since you can use the DLC weapons that are really overpowered to help you out. But you can get around this by having someone help you skip the game if they have a save from before doing the final mission on that difficulty which means all you would have to do is liberate the first area of the game which only takes like an hour to do, then join them and do the final mission which will give you the trophy.

• Like 1

This was my first FC and I had heaps of fun with the main story and side missions. As others have said it’s not a difficult game and the plat is 100% doable. It’s made even easier by using the highly overpowered Mars DLC weapons in the main game. All arcade trophies can be boosted with one other person in a  private session but you can try playing naturally too, I personally found the multiplayer crappy but I see people playing it often so it’s up to personal taste. The DLC wasn’t difficult, I did everything solo except the zombies gold medal levels which I completed in co-op. In fact the entire game including DLC is co-op. I have to say that the DLC overall wasn’t all that great and that one trophy for killing 5k zombies is truly a waste of time. As for the Infamous trophy, as was mentioned above by Redgrave, you can find someone whom has the exploit. I happen to have it so if you wanted to go down the easy route you can hit me up.

Just play on easy if you're worried, it's a comfy difficulty for casually playing.

Edited by ChunkyKong64

The platinum is doable, 100% adds difficulty. It’s more fun to play with a partner. I personally think the platinum is fun until I reached multiplayer. Multiplayer (Arcade mode) is just boring and annoying, made me postpone the platinum for ages; still don’t have the plat. Advice on this forum is all good. ? Multiplayer trophies are just boring as hell, that’s all.

43 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

The killing 5k zombies is easy enough to farm just park the tractor with the shredding device on the back door (small door ) of barn so the zombies just funnel themselves into the shredder you can just get them coming at u endlessly through the door right into the shredder while you watch tv or make and eat a snack or take a nap lol

The afk method is easy, yes. But it’s long. I was saying it’s a waste of time as it didn’t need to be added into the game. 

18 hours ago, Emi said:

The afk method is easy, yes. But it’s long. I was saying it’s a waste of time as it didn’t need to be added into the game. 

Fair enough but ya just know there's people out there who just love murdering zombies for hours and hours and hours and do it legit the long non farming way. 

But yeah your right it's a pointless trophy

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Fair enough but ya just know there's people out there who just love murdering zombies for hours and hours and hours and do it legit the long non farming way. 

But yeah your right it's a pointless trophy

I guess if you replay the levels a lot it’ll all count. I have spent over 1000 hours in Far Cry 5 so that’s telling lmao...

It’s worth mentioning the best part of the season pass DLC is that comes with Far Cry 3 remastered. That’s very important info that some people seem to not notice. No online trophies for that one.

I really liked the bad guy, Vaas in FC 3 who’s a great actor that was in Breaking Bad. 

As for FC5 platinum, you only need one other person for the MP trophies and you can make a closed, private lobby when you do it. It makes it a million times better because yes, the online is total shit!
The mechanics/aiming/maps are all horrendous. But, very doable when it’s just you and another person. 

Edited by I-Reaped-U
  • Like 1