Platinum Challenge Trophies Impossible due to Cheaters/Glitchers

Xillynoc

Just wanted to make a quick rant/warning about this after a particularly egregious instance in the daily challenge I just played...

So a refresher on the Challenge system of Rayman Legends; rather than immediately getting points/a definite ranking at the end of a match, you get told what trophy (and point value) you WILL be getting at that time based on your score because instead of each challenge having a set score threshold for bronze/silver/gold/platinum, the thresholds are instead decided by the scores of the players and thus shift accordingly as more get added or change; top 90-51% is bronze, top 50-21% is silver, top 20-2% is gold and top 1% is plat. This isn't such a bad idea on its face, it encourages people improving their skills and knowledge of each challenge type/map, but you're about to see why it would've been ultimately more beneficial to the majority of the playerbase if each map/challenge combo just had a set score threshold for the individual ranks.

I just played the "get as far as you can challenge" on the vertical falling map in the jungle with all the vines, and 3 of the 4 score thresholds were pretty reasonable for people to achieve: Bronze was ~300m, Silver ~540m, Gold ~1000m (one of the harder golds actually, but still fair)...and the Platinum was 10000m (so long the game actually shortened the text to 10km). Now trust me, that's not even remotely possible through normal play - it took me 15ish tries to get past the 1000m mark and I died immediately after that because of how intense the killzones got, and I'd say I've got the skill level of the average player by now. So how did anyone get that? By glitching outside the map and just falling through an empty void for a minute or two, then dying to record the score. There are people using similar exploits on basically every challenge I've played so far to set the Platinum scores so far ahead that no regular player could possible achieve them, but that's the first time I've seen it be so completely ridiculous. Absolutely unfair how just a few players of this game (at least a couple of whom already have Level 11 Awesomeness and point scores in the 5 digits, so it boggles the mind what reason they could possibly have to keep doing this other than troll 99% of the other players) can make bypassing the grind of the Awesomeness system nigh-impossible for everyone else.

Warning to the new or returning: Gold is the most you can hope for from each challenge run - thankfully the scores for that are generally achievable with <25 minutes of practice/runs, but that means only 10 points per challenge and up to only 20/40 points overall per day: first time I've ever seen cheaters ruin the grind of people they aren't even playing against. Objectively sucks to see.

• Like 1

Yeah, there are always OOB glitchers on infinite pit challenge. Learn how to do it and do it as well to earn some easy diamond cups along the way.

And 10km is very well doable legit and there are players who can get it done regularly.

I mean, exploits will be exploited. Sure it sucks for the more casual players but if the developer or publisher doesn't punish these people nothing is gonna change. And quite honestly I didn't knew this existed but when I get a PS5 and will be able to play this again I will also 100% abuse this myself. Because these challenges were the main thing holding me back and wanting to finish this (i think i was at awesomeness 7 or 8 or something). This was way to grindy and now I see why.

But like they say: If you can't beat them, join them. And that's exactly what I'm gonna do.

You would be surprised how good some people are at this game. There’s a tight-knit community of players who play the game competitively, and some can certainly get 10k without cheating. Because of this, getting a diamond cup without investing hours upon hours is almost impossible. The only realistic way you can get a diamond cup without becoming a tryhard is to get a friend to do the coop dojo’s with. You probably won’t have someone to do it at home, but share play works too. All except 1 of my diamond cups were achieved with this method.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

It's not impossible to do. I got the platinum as have many others. It takes time, patience, skill and perseverance. You can do it. And no- I didn't cheat. 

He’s not talking about the platinum trophy. He’s talking about the diamond trophy cup you earn from challenges and mislabelling it as a platinum.

12 hours ago, J_E_B_B said:

He’s not talking about the platinum trophy. He’s talking about the diamond trophy cup you earn from challenges and mislabelling it as a platinum.

Yes, for some reason I remembered them being called platinum and not diamond. My mistake.

I'm not sure this is the community or place to complain about something like this. 

Everybody here is looking for the easiest way to earn trophies. I have never seen a thread for any game asking "How can I make this trophy more challenging for me?" 

Glitches to our advantage get published and copied immediately. 

So when I see other people outglitch the trophy hunters I am not even mad. 

This is part of the meta game. 

• Like 1

10km is actually fairly doable on all sort of distance challenges, even my personal bests are over 10km

World record ever, legit, on any map, is something like 300km i suppose

Daily/weekly pits are just full with cheaters

People going 'crazy' scores don't do this to troll, they are just expert at the game, they have fun competing with eachother & with themselves

Except for pit distance, that's just a bunch of cheaters cheating their diamond cups, im not bothered with it though, they can cheat if they want, i just wont care

Yeah, sadly it seems it's growing more and more when it comes to cheaters. That being said it is not impossible, with a lot of practice 10k should be doable, I know it took me a few weeks until I got around 10km on average.

22 hours ago, J_E_B_B said:

Same thing applies though. I got that as well. While it's hard- it's not impossible. 

Edited by sealightbreeze

It's not as hard as you think it is for a simple reason: the amount of hurdles in those challenges is limited. They will keep looping infinitely so at some point there is not a single screen left that you haven't seen before.

P.S. The easiest method for Diamond Cups on PS4 is Dojo... grab a friend or 2 for Dojo challenges and it will help you reach Diamond Cups regularly. A friend of mine and myself always did it in coop via shareplay and always managed to grad a Diamond in Dojo since you can split up the lumes to go after, so it saves a lot of time.

Edited by SnowNinjaRaccoon
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

It's not as hard as you think it is for a simple reason: the amount of hurdles in those challenges is limited. They will keep looping infinitely so at some point there is not a single screen left that you haven't seen before.

P.S. The easiest method for Diamond Cups on PS4 is Dojo... grab a friend or 2 for Dojo challenges and it will help you reach Diamond Cups regularly. A friend of mine and myself always did it in coop via shareplay and always managed to grad a Diamond in Dojo since you can split up the lumes to go after, so it saves a lot of time.

Exactly 100% 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:37 PM, sealightbreeze said:

It's not impossible to do. I got the platinum as have many others. It takes time, patience, skill and perseverance. You can do it. And no- I didn't cheat. 

Nowadays if a kid cannot get a trophy because it's difficult, he or she will create a thread and name it impossible to express his failure 

Edited by cometowner
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, cometowner said:

Nowadays if a kid cannot get a trophy because it's difficult, he or she will create a thread and name it impossible to express his failure 

Sorry, no need to listen to someone like you who's never actually played the game and experienced this for themselves, just a waste of time there.

• Like 1