PSA: Casanova trophy issues fix

Merco

Just a quick post to say that if you are under the effects of alcohol when completing 'At Your Service, My Lady' (and choosing to romance Stephanie), you might be unable to get the Casanova trophy or the gifted shirt.

I had the alcoholic debuff active when finishing the quest and didn't get the trophy or the shirt, so it's a pretty easy fix to reload a previous save and wait until the effects (drunk, hungover or alcoholic) wear off. When I was debuff free, this quest finished properly and Casanova popped up.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Merco said:

Just a quick post to say that if you are under the effects of alcohol when completing 'At Your Service, My Lady' (and choosing to romance Stephanie), you might be unable to get the Casanova trophy or the gifted shirt.

I had the alcoholic debuff active when finishing the quest and didn't get the trophy or the shirt, so it's a pretty easy fix to reload a previous save and wait until the effects (drunk, hungover or alcoholic) wear off. When I was debuff free, this quest finished properly and Casanova popped up.

Thanks for the heads up. I cover this trophy in one of the DLC guides and will add a warning. When you say "under the effects of alcohol", you do mean the Alcoholic debuff specifically, and not the Drunk buff/debuff?

I never encountered this specific bug but I know the Alcoholic debuff creates at least one other issue where the frame rate drops to the point of stuttering whenever you enter an inventory/chest/loot interface.

5 minutes ago, fadingtrails said:

Thanks for the heads up. I cover this trophy in one of the DLC guides and will add a warning. When you say "under the effects of alcohol", you do mean the Alcoholic debuff specifically, and not the Drunk buff/debuff?

I never encountered this specific bug but I know the Alcoholic debuff creates at least one other issue where the frame rate drops to the point of stuttering whenever you enter an inventory/chest/loot interface.

I personally had the alcoholic debuff which messed up the ending of the quest, but from initial research on Steam forums, being drunk (whichever stage) also appears to prevent the proper ending/trophy unlock.

It's an odd glitch, because the cutscene played, the game autosaved and I had a quest completion notification, but noticeably didn't receive the shirt or the trophy popup.

The good news is that the drunk/hungover effects are much quicker to get rid of than alcoholic, which seemed to last about an in-game week before it expired naturally.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Merco said:

I personally had the alcoholic debuff which messed up the ending of the quest, but from initial research on Steam forums, being drunk (whichever stage) also appears to prevent the proper ending/trophy unlock.

It's an odd glitch, because the cutscene played, the game autosaved and I had a quest completion notification, but noticeably didn't receive the shirt or the trophy popup.

The good news is that the drunk/hungover effects are much quicker to get rid of than alcoholic, which seemed to last about an in-game week before it expired naturally.

Thanks. I'd better mention it in the guide in case people have the trophy already but then it somehow ends up locking them out of :bronze: Full House Sinner.

Edited by fadingtrails