Postal? Coming to PS4? This I did not expect

Sylvanticore

I only ever played Postal 1, which I thought was great as it was a top down shooter like Dead Nation.

On the original version on PC me and my friends would play 4 player coop on UPX network.

Now technically the game was only Death Match on network and not coop, but if you were to rename the map folder. (Can't remember exact names now)

If you swapped the folders for single player and multi player, when you chose a map to fight as a death match, it would spawn as a single player game with all the regular towns folk people in it like normal as if you were playing single player and all four of you would spawn at the same place.

Once you'd killed everyone, or had enough fun killing people or each other the host would just change map, (which was me) so I would just go through all the maps in order like they are in the game.

Fun times.

I never played the FPS ones. Would be very interesting if this is the first game and not the others.

40 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Once you'd killed everyone, or had enough fun killing people or each other the host would just change map, (which was me) so I would just go through all the maps in order like they are in the game.

That brings back good memories, I used to do HL1 'co-op' like that. Was weird, but it worked. Don't think kid me knew there were HL1 co-op mods.

45 minutes ago, NeoMesjasz said:

Sven coop mod was the best for me, do you remember that?

I remember seeing it later on, but that was long after my trying to play HL1 co-op with console commands days. Gave me a good start, though, I remember doing similarly fucky stuff in L4D1 - I even found a hidden UI not used for the rest of the game by setting up versus survival.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I hate postal, its full of violence rubbish and im totally offended...

....Is what i'd say if i didnt love this! Hell yes Postal. Give me Postal 2 as well somewhere down the line. Gimme some lovely violence. Violence i will not bring in to real life because im not as easily swayed as morons think us gamers are. YEAHHH

• 5 months later...