DividedByMankind

Resident Evil Movie Reboot

15 posts in this topic

Its coming this year. Majority of the acters that plays the Re characters ive seen before.

 

But annyways it looks like they've included majority  of the most known RE characters. Atleast Jill,Claire,Chris,Leon, wesker, and all Birkins is in this👍 

 

And the story is set to Rpd/racoon city era, around the 2nd game😁

 

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6920084/

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This movie can't be worse than the old Resident Evil movies by Paul W.S Anderson. There is a cut every 0.5 seconds when there is a fighting scene on those movies and he did the same with Monster Hunter. Kinda happy Milla (even though she a good actress she isn't a good fit for RE imo) isn't in these movies but i guess it makes sense, she was in the old ones since she is the wife of Paul.

 

I'm having moderately high hopes for this one.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

This movie can't be worse than the old Resident Evil movies by Paul W.S Anderson. There is a cut every 0.5 seconds when there is a fighting scene on those movies and he did the same with Monster Hunter. Kinda happy Milla (even though she a good actress she isn't a good fit for RE imo) isn't in these movies but i guess it makes sense, she was in the old ones since she is the wife of Paul.

 

I'm having moderately high hopes for this one.

Hate to break it to you, but it's being produced by the same company as said films, Constatin Films.

 

I would like to say that I actually enjoyed the first and second movies. Nothing beats the CG films though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

 

Every other movie by the director has been trash.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Hate to break it to you, but it's being produced by the same company as said films, Constatin Films.

 

I would like to say that I actually enjoyed the first and second movies. Nothing beats the CG films though.

 

Yeah i went to the IMDB page and saw that Tom Hopper is in it. I liked him well enough in Black Sails and the small role he had in Game of Thrones. But he is not a convincing actor. He is best suited for TV and not Movie. Still every year there are a few surprise movies that we all expect to suck but actually are really good. With a little help from RNGesus this might be the one.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly, if they could keep it close to the survival horror genre, some things could be forgiven. The first RE movie while not quite a fit in terms of the story, it certainly fit the mood and atmosphere of the RE games. When they started getting into the whole action blockbuster with the Mary Sue, sorry Millia Jonovich turning all the OG RE characters into her sidekicks, it was the reason why I stopped bothering to watch any more RE movies after the third one. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whatever happens with a reboot, if we get a scare or two, it'll be better than what we've been given thus far.  The initial set of movies did nothing for me in that regard.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just hope this reboot doesn't have too much action and actually be scary.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The cast doesn't look too thrilling honestly, especially Jill and Leon, plus the director has yet to make a good movie. The movie will at least be better in a sense that actual main characters will be the center of the stage and not demi-god Alice. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the actors they've chosen look like the characters, but I agree with @MarcusPunisher in that with only 47 Meters Down to his credit, the director looks dismal. Get me someone like Gore Verbinski or Scorcese and I'm all in. I'd love to see Leonardo DiCaprio as RE2 Leon, too, honestly. When he and Scorcese get together, the films are always amazing.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

I think the actors they've chosen look like the characters, but I agree with @MarcusPunisher in that with only 47 Meters Down to his credit, the director looks dismal. Get me someone like Gore Verbinski or Scorcese and I'm all in. I'd love to see Leonardo DiCaprio as RE2 Leon, too, honestly. When he and Scorcese get together, the films are always amazing.

 

God i just a got a urge to rewatch The Departed. Love both Leo and Jack in that movie.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

 

God i just a got a urge to rewatch The Departed. Love both Leo and Jack in that movie.

Inception, Romeo + Juliet, Shutter Island, The Aviator, and The Great Gatsby are my top 5 for Leo. I've honestly only ever disliked two of his films, which were Django Unchained and The Wolf of Wall Street.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kristen Danielle said:

Inception, Romeo + Juliet, Shutter Island, The Aviator, and The Great Gatsby are my top 5 for Leo. I've honestly only ever disliked two of his films, which were Django Unchained and The Wolf of Wall Street.

 

What about The Revenant? If you have not seen it yet i highly recommend it. It's the one Leo got an oscar for, but imo he should have gotten one for any other of his amazing movies instead of this one.  The Basketball Diaries is also amazing =>

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Quink666 said:

 

What about The Revenant? If you have not seen it yet i highly recommend it. It's the one Leo got an oscar for, but imo he should have gotten one for any other of his amazing movies instead of this one.  The Basketball Diaries is also amazing =>

I haven't watched The Revenant yet! I need to. The Basketball Diaries was definitely awesome.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.