Opinions on the platinum?

shaneyboy619

I finally got the dreaded "Don't Lose Face" trophy today and now the only trophy I have left until the platinum is "PAYDAY" and I have around $150M to go. Now that I'm so close to the platinum I feel really proud of earning all of the trophies for this game that I have and I'll be even more proud when I actually get the platinum. I think that even with this platinum being extremely challenging it's a lot of fun, there are no stupid trophies, they're all well thought out and provide a difficult yet, in my opinion, really fun challenge.

So I was just wondering what the other people who have this platinum or are working on this platinum think about it exactly?

shaneyboy619.png

• Like 1

I loved the game and had a lot of fun playing co-op with my friends. Overall the plat was pretty easy mainly because my friends are skilled and we work together well. We played on overkill difficulty the whole time to maximise our $$ and xp. I also recommend payday 2 it was easier than the 1st

So easy but so hard. The reason being is that you NEED to have people who know how to use the weapons properly. Sure, anyone can use the AK on OK difficulty. It takes a master to use only 1 ammo resupply with start out ammo for the AK on green bridge. Seriously, master the weapons to any noob out there. If you survive an OK difficulty heist with the AMCAR-4, that is something you can use to get high cash challenges. Also, high  level people like 120+ will help you get through the OK difficulty heists, IF they know what they're doing. Also you should know what items to use for each heist. The usual for deployables should always be 2 DB and 2 AB, but on easier difficulties you can use sentries or trip mines to survive. The crew bonus and other loadout option should be relative to the heist. For example, on FWB you should use a Reinbeck, Mark 11, Crosskill and have Extra Start Ammo, DB/AB and Protector for the other guys. For Green Bridge, a Brenner, Bronco and a GL40 works wonders for your team. Never use thick skin if you are affected by protector. It's a waste, besides Thick Skin is for pussies ;)

Edited by C4M0-W0LF

I had the best time with this game. One of my top five this gen regardless of glitches and it is a testament that graphics aren't everything. Payday 2 didn't quite live up to it's predecessor, imo. It's still ok. Just not as good as it could've been. Crime.net and the insane xp requirements to level up almost ruined it for me.

Congrats on DLF! The Payday trophy is nothing but grinding. Get the dlc if you haven't already. It'll help lessen the grind. ;)

• 1 month later...

Had the same feeling of pride when I got this Ultra Rare Platinum. Really enjoyed playing it with the group of guys I played with. I was lucky to get a good team. I was terrible at sneaking but great at the shooting and reviving and that kind of stuff so worked out well.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Payday 2 has better stealth mechanics, I'll give it that. It's a bit too technical though for me. Love the first one. You really need a team of friends who are skilled to play. Most of my friends play XBOX but the ones that play PS3 are buying this. Soon I will have my own little platinum army! Love the game. Top 3 games I've ever played.

• 3 weeks later...

Dont lose face is not that hard just doing heat street and green bridge i would get the payday play but im max level so i missed a couple of trophies that i cant get

You can save your data to a jumpdrive and reset your stats and get the 2 trophies that you missed by hitting max level.

• 6 months later...

Well to be honest I´m disappointed, ppl made that game sound really hard, but in the end I could do 4 of 6 maps on Overkill solo with AI only without trading someone from custody. The only real hard things r the trophies that necessarily require 3 other skilled ppl like Noob-Herder etc...and of course 145+ Mode is really hard, almost impossible to do only with AI.

Edited by Firusha_Firu

• 7 years later...

I think its an awesome game, the trophies aren't too bad in single player.  There are some as mentioned above that are very hard to near impossible in single player which can make the platinum longer or a bit frustrating.  Most players I've worked with aren't too bad, the real issue is finding people that will communicate, having a microphone is very helpful to coordination in heists and for specific needs like...."hey I need ammo".  Yet the most successful teams I've seen all use microphones.

Overall the community of gamers still playing this game is pretty remarkable, they are helpful in sharing tips and doing the heists.  Game is one of the best I've played in a long time.

On 11/9/2013 at 2:31 PM, C4M0-W0LF said:

Never use thick skin if you are affected by protector. It's a waste, besides Thick Skin is for pussies ;)

They can be combined for more armor:

https://payday.fandom.com/wiki/Upgrades