This game in 2021

greenkaos1226

I just wanted to give you guys a heads up about the state of this game in the current time.

the multiplayer is still up. I don’t foresee the servers closing for a long time as bad company is still up. That being said do not expect several servers of varying game modes. You’ll find mostly conquest servers with a random spattering of rush , and team death match. Very rarely you’ll come across obliteration. Thus I would say the wining game mode trophy and bomb carrying trophy still must be boosted. 

For DLC. Depending on the time of day you play there is typically 1 conquest server a day of a random DLC pack for a brief time. I’ve managed several games on OFFICIAL servers for dlc maps. Don’t expect hours of these though. Thankfully this works in your favor if you want to boost through the dlc as if your group searches conquest/your desired game mode using the dlc map pack there’s a good chance your group will be alone. Occasionally I had a random join but often they either ignored us, tries to bother us and got ganged up on, or cooperated. 

RENTING SERVERS. Use CAUTION trying to do this on the PS3 version. Yikes this system is such a mess you’ll well over 50% of the time lose you money. The only good news is, if you get the server rented once. You have a much easier time extending a server that is expired than being able to rent one in the first place. Rented servers are the ideal environment for boosting but it depends if the game cooperates.

The campaign is still a terrible glitchy MESS. The game is thankfully short and not that hard for veteran BF players. Even on hard. But be prepared for crashes and some trophies requiring several times hitting the requirements to pop. The infamous level 2 helicopter black screen glitch is still happening 100% of the time. That has NOT been fixed. Though I never expected it to be. If you are the type to stack difficulty for one run of the campaign do this with CAUTION. I am a victim of this glitch. I finished the campaign on hard and unlocked tombstone and wolf but did NOT unlock fish for completing the game on easy… but got the normal and hard at the same time. Replaying the last mission doesn’t fix this. I had to delete my game data and start an entire start to finish campaign run. I can’t be bothered to try again for a while so that’s why I still don’t have ‘fish’ and the platinum. 

hopefully this answers some questions looming for some of you considering this game in 2021. The multiplayer is a noticeable downgrade from ps4 but is still fun. I 100% the ps4 version a few years back and came back for this version. 

• Like 2

I have all of the base game trophies on the PS3 except for Tombstone (completing solo missions on hard). About halfway thru and will have the platinum by this weekend. This wouldn’t have been possible if it wasn’t for the boosting help from @mckbros @greenkaos1226 and @Lorsinho  thanks again guys!

Greenkaos did a very accurate wrap up above. It was fun leveling up to 25 on multiplayer and a pain to get “Won Them All” since nobody plays domination, rush, and defuse. 

Another challenge for me was the Bomb Squad trophy on multiplayer because I suck at obliteration mode. Skilled players will light you up with helicopters and tanks that I hardly stood a chance. 

Last remark, referring back to the solo missions, do not die on level 2 during the infamous helicopter part. It will freeze when it restarts at the helicopter scene and you will have to start level 2 all over. As long as you past that part, you don’t have to worry about another glitch. I played that part on the PS3 today on hard difficulty. I hid and meticulously made head shots. I was patient and chucked grenades too knowing where the resupply box was at all times. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Conker said:

Can you do all online, main+dlc in rented servers? How long does on,one take? How much to rent a server?

You ‘can’ yes. But as I mentioned renting is VERY hit and miss if it decides to work. But in USD it’s 1.49 for 1 day, 6.99 for a week, 24.99 for a month, I can’t remember 90 days but there’s an option too. And for how long? MINIMUM of 40 hours I would say. If you’re extremely efficient and boosting. More realistically 50-75 hours 50 if boosting constantly.

1 hour ago, kkulifay said:

I have all of the base game trophies on the PS3 except for Tombstone (completing solo missions on hard). About halfway thru and will have the platinum by this weekend. This wouldn’t have been possible if it wasn’t for the boosting help from @mckbros @greenkaos1226 and @Lorsinho  thanks again guys!

Greenkaos did a very accurate wrap up above. It was fun leveling up to 25 on multiplayer and a pain to get “Won Them All” since nobody plays domination, rush, and defuse. 

Another challenge for me was the Bomb Squad trophy on multiplayer because I suck at obliteration mode. Skilled players will light you up with helicopters and tanks that I hardly stood a chance. 

Last remark, referring back to the solo missions, do not die on level 2 during the infamous helicopter part. It will freeze when it restarts at the helicopter scene and you will have to start level 2 all over. As long as you past that part, you don’t have to worry about another glitch. I played that part on the PS3 today on hard difficulty. I hid and meticulously made head shots. I was patient and chucked grenades too knowing where the resupply box was at all times. 

Hey! No problem! It was a fun time! To add to your tip about hard difficulty, use the resupply boxes as infinite grenade sources. That specific part with the helicopter. I proned next to the ammo crate and just threw grenades constantly and breezed through the section. This applies to many fights in the game. 

Edited by greenkaos1226
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

You can get the majority of trophies legit still. It's just that not all game modes and dlc modes are available all the time. The least active are carrier assault and defuse and the naval strike dlc in general is very unpopular.There are active mixed mode servers from time to time who run a mixture of rush,cq,obileration,chain link and capture the flag on community operation maps.

Make sure to put custom ranked servers that run a variety of maps including dlc ones in your favorite list.

• Like 1