Screen just moving

GoonerLukeThe

I've had this issue when playing games recently (not sure if it's all of them) where if I'm not actually using my controller, and it's not paused then my screen just suddenly starts panning away over to the side, I have to keep moving it back over with the analogue sticks and it's pretty annoying.

I first noticed it with the spyro games and just figured it was the game, but it was doing the same yesterday with a game called hidden through time

anyone have any ideas?

1 minute ago, LukeTheGooner said:

It's an older one, does the same thing

guess I must have done the same thing to both controllers then

Definitely sounds like stick drift. Check out some videos online on some simple stick drift fixes you can do and see if it works on at least one of your controllers. 

Should just be a matter of opening the controller and cleaning where the sticks make contact to send the signal. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LukeTheGooner said:

it looks like it's the small hole next to one of the screws?

That's the one.

Press it with a paperclip, toothpick, etc and hold it for ~20 seconds (it may be more or less) and see how that does ya.

I'm not claiming it's not a drift issue, but you want to save disassembling your hardware for after you've tried more simple fixes.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

same thing is now happening with the controller I got to replace the one I mentioned in this thread, only got it in March, with this one the controller is pretty much going back down when I press up on a menu screen, I just play games like normal not sure why ps4 controllers seem to be so bad

I factory reset but still didn't fix it, cba messing about with opening it up